• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

It's not worth taking a chance at turnout. People know Warren. They will get to know the others.

People of color will feel insulted (and they should) if a person of color is not on the ticket. The DNC wants their votes but doesn't respect them enough to put someone of color on the ticket. It's not like there aren't plenty of qualified people of color to add to the ticket.

Why do you keep saying that people of color will be insulted if the VP pick is not a POC when several polls have been posted showing POC choose Warren?

Those numbers were really low which means they could change dramatically.

That was also taken before this week.

Why do you keep saying that people of color will be insulted if the VP pick is not a POC when several polls have been posted showing POC choose Warren?

because he's RJ, that's why

for whatever reason, he can't grasp the fact that picking a token POC VP candidate for a very white POTUS candidate might offend non-white voters

because he's RJ, that's why

for whatever reason, he can't grasp the fact that picking a token POC VP candidate for a very white POTUS candidate might offend non-white voters

None of the VP candidates I've seen mentioned could be described as a "token."

None of the VP candidates I've seen mentioned could be described as a "token."

The way that RJ is talking about a non-white candidate as a necessity is verging on token territory. If criminal justice reform is important to the Biden campaign, for example, then picking Kamala Harris would be pretty problematic.

Of course, so would picking Biden.

Sure. I just think the rationale of picking a non-white VP because "we" picked the oldest whitest malest candidate borders on token territory. If representation matters, then don't vote for the old white dude next time!

One side you have the polling of black america across the country, on the other side you have a 70 year old white guy from Huntington Beach, California its a pretty simple choice guys, team RJ!

Not 70.....and no answer had a majority...but why be accurate...and why care when the poll was taken....

Sure. I just think the rationale of picking a non-white VP because "we" picked the oldest whitest malest candidate borders on token territory. If representation matters, then don't vote for the old white dude next time!

i'm of the mind that representation does matter, like seeing nonwhite athletes in traditionally white dominated sports or a nonwhite disney princess or nonwhite action star, positive role models for children

but if i'm choosing who best will advance the agenda of nonwhite communities, i don't automatically look at nonwhite people simply because they are nonwhite

candace owens would not make a good Dem VP

for example, i also thought it was a bad idea for biden to just say "i'm going to pick a woman"

here's #girlboss amy klobuchar

I like Elizabeth Warren. I like her a lot. But I definitely understand why some people from all sides don't.

This race desperately needs some new energy. Hillary blew it in 2016 with Kaine because he was new but not really new as a basic white guy and he didn't bring energy. Warren has energy, but she's not new. Biden has a chance to bring some life to this race. I don't think Warren is going to do that.

Most of the rest of the VP candidates would bring more to the campaign and finally bring Gen X into the Executive Branch. This is a base turnout election. I just don't see how Warren helps with that. Go back to the polls that said Warren supporters were close to 100% likely to vote for the Dem nominee. I don't see how Warren gets lagging progressives or more people from marginalized constituencies.

Last edited:
Hopefully Biden's campaign is being run much like his hypothetical presidency would be: Not at all by him and entirely by people smarter than him.

Back