• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

That's false. The Bush Cabal hid the information not Biden.

Sorry, but that's simply not the case. The Senate Hearings he ordered were members picked by the Bush administration. Feingold, Wellstone, Durbin, Sanders, and several others questioned Biden's approach to naming witnesses to hearings. Biden was more interested in backing the narrow authorization with GOP members Lugar and Hagel to only go after WMD than to topple Saddam. Of course, Gephardt tanked that approach even harder. But Biden was far more interested in coming up with a bipartisan approach than actually weighing authorizing going to war.

Biden then claimed after the authorization in 2003 that he voted for it to strengthen Bush's diplomatic position, but Bush by then saw the authorization as a full scale means to head towards Shock and Awe.

At its very best and most generous reading, Biden was a naive cheerleader for the authorization effort. At worst, he knew the risks and authorized war with that Bush administration in charge anyway.

When the Dems lost the Senate in 02, Biden went on the Iraq press tour with Hagel, McCain, and Luger in Iraq, all patting each other on the backs for their great decision making. This is public record, and I have no idea why rj, the staunch war opponent, says otherwise except rah rah go team Dem.

Like many Members of Congress, few believed any POTUS would outright lie to start a war. It was beyond their comprehension. Yes, that's naive, but no other POTUS had started a war based on lies.

Look, I opposed it long before the shooting started, because I couldn't trust Cheney. But you mis-characterizing this to its worst possible light.

Sometimes things aren't black and white.

Townie, you oppose the use of drones to kill specific targets. Did you oppose using live people to go after and kill OBL?

Kinda wish Obama did his part to live up to those "highest ideals."

Townie, do you prefer war crimes by machine technology or humans?

Like many Members of Congress, few believed any POTUS would outright lie to start a war. It was beyond their comprehension. Yes, that's naive, but no other POTUS had started a war based on lies.

Look, I opposed it long before the shooting started, because I couldn't trust Cheney. But you mis-characterizing this to its worst possible light.

Sometimes things aren't black and white.

Why are you ignoring the substance of the fact that Biden played way nicer with the GOP than with his Dem counterparts when he had the crucial role naming witnesses as chair of foreign relations??

Because it wouldn't have changed anything.

Why won't you answer if drones are so bad, did you support, finding, sending in a Seal Team and killing OBL?

Because it wouldn't have changed anything.

Why won't you answer if drones are so bad, did you support, finding, sending in a Seal Team and killing OBL?

I'm sorry but you simply can't make that definitive claim now knowing what we know was in the public record.

I'm sorry but you simply can't make that definitive claim now knowing what we know was in the public record.

The vote was 77-23. You might have a point if it was even 60-40 or even a little higher, but it wasn't.

Still won't answer about OBL? Hmmmm

The vote was 77-23. You might have a point if it was even 60-40 or even a little higher, but it wasn't.

Still won't answer about OBL? Hmmmm

he wasn't some first year senator rj, you keep avoiding the absolutely central role he played in making that a not-close vote

what even is the question about bin laden? the method in which he was killed? whether he should be dead? what is this?

he wasn't some first year senator rj, you keep avoiding the absolutely central role he played in making that a not-close vote

what even is the question about bin laden? the method in which he was killed? whether he should be dead? what is this?

You opposed drones taking out high importance targets. Did you oppose actual people going into Pakistan to kill or capture OBL?

Why do you care so much about what Townie thinks ?

You opposed drones taking out high importance targets. Did you oppose actual people going into Pakistan to kill or capture OBL?

If Joe Biden hadn’t illegally dragged us into a needless and distracting war in Iraq, we would have finished OBL off in Afghanistan in 2003 and wouldn’t have need Obama to order the Pakistan strike a decade later. This all comes back to Biden’s decision to lie to the UN, the American People, and Congress and take us to war to avenge hi fathers failures in the Middle East.

Back