• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

You opposed drones taking out high importance targets. Did you oppose actual people going into Pakistan to kill or capture OBL?

I oppose drones altogether. I think the reason Osama bin Laden existed was due to bad American foreign policy in the first place. When we did finally kill him, it's a net good for the world, but one of our own cause.

I oppose foreign intervention of all kind post-WW2. I think our economic sanctions on Iran up until today are bordering on violations of the Geneva Convention. We have continually made things worse since the 1950s in the middle east, including overthrowing democratically elected governments, destroying energy and water infrastructure, creating terrorist factions, inducing mass migration and genocide, and all to more or less protect an oil hegemony that benefits a relative few.

Anyway I take a cynical tone on here because I was 13 for Bush v Gore, the election Bush stole that basically led to the first financial crisis. Then the youth vote turnout for Obama in 2008 when I was 21 and voted for the first time was the second largest youth vote in our nation's history, and of course, much of his Presidency was mired by GOP obstructionism and fighting fires of a previous disaster. Now well before I turn 40 I will have been through two wars, two financial crises, and will essentially be forced to choose between a comic book supervillain Trump and a guy intimately part of the previous 20 years of mess.

I know I need to grow up and embrace the suck, but the Gen Xers on here could cut the millennials a break once in a while for not liking our choices.

If Joe Biden hadn’t illegally dragged us into a needless and distracting war in Iraq, we would have finished OBL off in Afghanistan in 2003 and wouldn’t have need Obama to order the Pakistan strike a decade later. This all comes back to Biden’s decision to lie to the UN, the American People, and Congress and take us to war to avenge hi fathers failures in the Middle East.

:/

nah i generally like yr posts and think yr a p level headed guy so that was kind of surprising

I oppose drones altogether. I think the reason Osama bin Laden existed was due to bad American foreign policy in the first place. When we did finally kill him, it's a net good for the world, but one of our own cause.

I oppose foreign intervention of all kind post-WW2. I think our economic sanctions on Iran up until today are bordering on violations of the Geneva Convention. We have continually made things worse since the 1950s in the middle east, including overthrowing democratically elected governments, destroying energy and water infrastructure, creating terrorist factions, inducing mass migration and genocide, and all to more or less protect an oil hegemony that benefits a relative few.

Jo Y U make Osama?

nah i generally like yr posts and think yr a p level headed guy so that was kind of surprising

Can't edit anyway, but consider that maybe I wasn't serious. I'm not really sure what the value is in rehashing the Iraq war. I was a super dumb war, some of us knew it at the time, almost everyone realized later. I guess Biden's role is somewhat relevant, but who really gives a shit considering his opponent in the general election.

Shit I am having deja vu, im pretty sure that insult was lobbed at Ph on the tunnels exactly 4 years ago.

Anyway I take a cynical tone on here because I was 13 for Bush v Gore, the election Bush stole that basically led to the first financial crisis. Then the youth vote turnout for Obama in 2008 when I was 21 and voted for the first time was the second largest youth vote in our nation's history, and of course, much of his Presidency was mired by GOP obstructionism and fighting fires of a previous disaster. Now well before I turn 40 I will have been through two wars, two financial crises, and will essentially be forced to choose between a comic book supervillain Trump and a guy intimately part of the previous 20 years of mess.

I know I need to grow up and embrace the suck, but the Gen Xers on here could cut the millennials a break once in a while for not liking our choices.

Re: embracing the suck

I don't read much of this as criticism for your complaints about the choices. I think most people agree the choices weren't great to put it mildly. I read most of your posts as you venting, blowing off steam (insert favorite euphemism - new thread potential. Favorite Euphemism - thanks pandemic). The people arguing with you over it seem to view it differently. As if you are going to take your ball and go home in the face of the most dangerous president in history. You vent they bang their head against a wall of your stubbornness or something.

There are a few here that will likely not vote for Biden in misguided anger about half measures rather than being all in on the extreme far left policy positions. There is a big shift or correction coming in the future and that future happens sooner by getting dolt 45 out of office by any means politically necessary. Unfortunately Biden is that necessary political means.

That’s a fair read. I don’t know how much clearer I can make it that I’m voting Biden.

Can’t decide if you’re worse at mafia or tunnels posting

Oh damn, found it. Also in my searches RJ uses the word Mafia a lot.

06/15/2017 Thread Title OOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSS111111, RIP Moonz

Totes stealing this idea for mafia banter.

it would be an improvement over your current contributions

(also what's funny is if you actually start posting and bantering in those games, you're going to get killed immediately for the change in play. so you have that to look forward to, i guess)

If Joe Biden hadn’t illegally dragged us into a needless and distracting war in Iraq, we would have finished OBL off in Afghanistan in 2003 and wouldn’t have need Obama to order the Pakistan strike a decade later. This all comes back to Biden’s decision to lie to the UN, the American People, and Congress and take us to war to avenge hi fathers failures in the Middle East.

Biden didn't lie to the UN. Colin Powell did.

Re: embracing the suck

I don't read much of this as criticism for your complaints about the choices. I think most people agree the choices weren't great to put it mildly. I read most of your posts as you venting, blowing off steam (insert favorite euphemism - new thread potential. Favorite Euphemism - thanks pandemic). The people arguing with you over it seem to view it differently. As if you are going to take your ball and go home in the face of the most dangerous president in history. You vent they bang their head against a wall of your stubbornness or something.

There are a few here that will likely not vote for Biden in misguided anger about half measures rather than being all in on the extreme far left policy positions. There is a big shift or correction coming in the future and that future happens sooner by getting dolt 45 out of office by any means politically necessary. Unfortunately Biden is that necessary political means.

I think it’s frustration that otherwise smart posters (and RJ) just don’t seem capable of holding the thoughts “I’m going to vote for Joe Biden because Trump is evil” and “Joe Biden has done some pretty fucked up stuff” simultaneously. I share this frustration.

Even the realities that “George W Bush was an evil motherfucker” and “Donald Trump is an evil motherfucker” are incompatible in some folks’ minds on here. Both can be true and are true. Life is complicated and resorting to simplistic whitewashing just encourages the kind of cognitive dissonance that normalizes Trump.

I’m not talking about you, deaconson. You’re one of the few that seems capable of doing this and your posts are very reasonable.

I don't disagree that Daddy Bush created OBL and W made him stronger. But after he attacked us on many occasions, he had to go.

Our economic sanctions on Iran at this point are second in stupidity only to the embargo on Cuba. Iran was doing everything they agreed to RE: nukes. There was absolutely no justification to put those sanctions in place.

More a general statement than a specific poster in this here tunnel anyway. Just would not be surprised that a lurker or a less frequent poster does not want to say the words out loud. Clearly the sports board has some... limited thinkers that will do something dumb and wasteful with their vote.

As for gw2 being evil I guess I don't know him well enough to say that. He did some things that in hindsight were pretty evil but those motivations are less clear or at least murky. he sure did many more things that were just really dumb and did them in full view so were his motives in The moment evil, misguided, dumb, or was he duped by calculating people like Chaney that used him? I lean towards him being more a patsy than evil. The example I used earlier was I think his HIV work in Africa post presidency seem to notch a point in the patsy category. At the end of the day his presidency really hurt a lot of people in awful ways so that is a huge part of his legacy he has to own.

Back