• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

The donald on the other hand does and says lots of the evil stuff right out in public and tries to walk it back later. Or not. Depends on the day.

As for gw2 being evil I guess I don't know him well enough to say that. He did some things that in hindsight were pretty evil but those motivations are less clear or at least murky. he sure did many more things that were just really dumb and did them in full view so were his motives in The moment evil, misguided, dumb, or was he duped by calculating people like Chaney that used him? I lean towards him being more a patsy than evil. The example I used earlier was I think his HIV work in Africa post presidency seem to notch a point in the patsy category. At the end of the day his presidency really hurt a lot of people in awful ways so that is a huge part of his legacy he has to own.

When you are CEO of the country, then you are accountable for decisions made on your watch. He was the president, after all. It’s not like his post-presidency resume negates the damage he inflicted on the US and Iraq.

Do you know Trump well enough to know that he’s evil? I’ve never met the guy. You probably haven’t either. I’m sure he’s said nice things before and made a donation or two that didn’t suck. He’s surrounded by a lot of Bond Villain types and a social conservative war hawk as his VP. Could be a patsy, too, by your logic.

Shrub didn't have a mob fixer lawyer, and didn't run small-time scams like Trump University and Trump Foundation.

I think it's pretty apparent between Trump and shrub which one's the sociopath.

When you are CEO of the country, then you are accountable for decisions made on your watch. He was the president, after all. It’s not like his post-presidency resume negates the damage he inflicted on the US and Iraq.

Do you know Trump well enough to know that he’s evil? I’ve never met the guy. You probably haven’t either. I’m sure he’s said nice things before and made a donation or two that didn’t suck. He’s surrounded by a lot of Bond Villain types and a social conservative war hawk as his VP. Could be a patsy, too, by your logic.

Has he made donations that don’t suck? He did literally run a fraudulent charity.

Shrub didn't have a mob fixer lawyer, and didn't run small-time scams like Trump University and Trump Foundation.

I’m obviously kidding. Good lord.

The whatabout reflex is just wild on here.

Reread my last sentence. Dubya absolutely owns his choices. Buck stops with him.

As for trump I think it's pretty clear he is amoral and evil. Selfish, greedy etc. We know he's dumb and people are capable of making him a patsy (looking at you putin and moscow mitch) but within his administration there appears to only be sycophants, other idiots, and people along for the ride because they are trumpy true believers.

It's fair enough that your view differs. I just make a distinction from my observations and POV. We know how bad the b2 presidency was through history. 20 years from now we still won't know the full depth because trump is destroying and hiding records.

I feel like I should show this thread to my kids as today's history lesson.

We've had discussions about Wake basketball recruiting in the early 00s because sports are in a holding pattern and we're helplessly looking on to see what will happen with our basketball program.

I don't know what purpose drawing equivalencies between W, Trump, and Biden serves here.

I told y’all Trump was an evil maniac. He’s a legendary slumlord. He’s a lifetime piece of shit. He was when he was embraced by pop culture (and probably enjoyed by many on here at the time), he is as president. Always has been, always will be.

I feel like I should show this thread to my kids as today's history lesson.

We've had discussions about Wake basketball recruiting in the early 00s because sports are in a holding pattern and we're helplessly looking on to see what will happen with our basketball program.

I don't know what purpose drawing equivalencies between W, Trump, and Biden serves here.

I agree that it would be useful to teach your kids the non-whitewashed legacies of public figures and politicians so maybe they won’t repeat the mistakes of their parent’s generations by nominating them for president.

I would argue that it’s a good thing that we don’t remember folks like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Bush for being aloof, sensitive artists rather than the monsters that they were. Do you agree?

As you note, though, there’s not much else to talk about at this point.

Can’t this dude just run again?

[MHB] War Criminal [/MHB]

As an aside, President Obama is equally the best president of my lifetime and still had one of the most disappointing presidencies. I vacillate on how much of that is his fault and how much of it was out of his control.

He very clearly had moscow mitch obstructing him every step of the way. Maybe he could have done more.

Back