• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

Yeah, great. And Trump's child is married to a Jew. But do go on about how he doesn't use anti-Jew tropes too. Her own constituents from the Jewish community do not respect her after spending many hours with her privately discussing these issues over a period of years. Pretty much says all that needs to be said.

And you have yet to acknowledge that the repeated tropes she continues to use to this very day are not OK.

Peace out. Back to the election.

Yeah, great. And Trump's child is married to a Jew. But do go on about how he doesn't use anti-Jew tropes too. Her own constituents from the Jewish community do not respect her after spending many hours with her privately discussing these issues over a period of years. Pretty much says all that needs to be said.

And you have yet to acknowledge that the repeated tropes she continues to use to this very day are not OK.

Peace out. Back to the election.

And here you are acting like all Jews in America are the same.

It’s actually infuriating; this is how conservatives drive a wedge between long-persecuted communities, in this case Somali refugees and American Jews. Conservatives have done this for centuries all over the world, pitting lower class whites against immigrant non-whites, sowing division where there is so much common experience and ground. Antebellum southern gentry played resentment between sharecropping whites whom they derisively referred to as rednecks from their blistered skin working in the sun against their newly freed slave brethren in similar circumstances. This shifts the focus away from shared class or social solidarity, serving moneyed and powered interests. It’s a tale as old as time. I’m glad we’ve got BDS voices in Congress. If a brown country were committing the daily atrocities Israel is we’d be drone striking the shit out of them instead of rando Iowan mayors putting “pro-Israel” on their campaign websites. Fuckin a I’m riled now. This is how both parties crush a unified left, with asinine distractions.

Hey, birdman, Great Blue Herons are the best birds.

87cc65b2836706c9d48305dd47ba60be.png

9,386,750 people voted in Florida in 2016. So FL is at 83% of the 2016 total on the Friday before the election.

Texas has surpassed 2016 totals already.

I think much of that is because Texas isn’t being written off as a sure thing for Republicans. Imagine how many more people would vote if their vote mattered.

I think much of that is because Texas isn’t being written off as a sure thing for Republicans. Imagine how many more people would vote if their vote mattered.

And imagine how radically different people would campaign if they tried to go after 100% of American voting aged humans.

Someone could research to prove me wrong, but my recollection is that 2018 had a large turnout for a non-presidential election. Cruz barely beat Beto. Now we have had twice as many people vote already in 2020 as in 2018.

My county went for Beto, although narrowly. Yet I see a lot more Trump signs around here than Biden. I am not buying the “shy Trump” supporter in these parts.

I just read an interview by the pollsters who came up with the “shy Trump” voter. They’re Republicans voters who had Trump +3 in their national polls, so they were way off. But they got a few states right (because they oversampled rural voters everywhere) so they got some fame out of it.

Trump has taken over the GOP. People hold Trump boat parades. They wear his hat everyone. They don’t wear masks to honor Trump. They aren’t shy.

Now there may be a shy Biden voter contingent in rural areas. Especially women

Trump told a crowd in Minnesota today that if Biden wins the election "there will be no school, no graduation, no weddings, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, no Fourth of July, no Easter, no nothing." LOL. I knew that we LibDems were waging a terrible War on Christmas, but I had no idea that we had expanded our assault to include Thanksgiving, the Fourth of July, and other holidays as well. Elect Joe, and he'll kill the Easter Bunny!

Well the real absurdity is that’s the reality of Trump’s America.

I just read an interview by the pollsters who came up with the “shy Trump” voter. They’re Republicans voters who had Trump +3 in their national polls, so they were way off. But they got a few states right (because they oversampled rural voters everywhere) so they got some fame out of it.

Trump has taken over the GOP. People hold Trump boat parades. They wear his hat everyone. They don’t wear masks to honor Trump. They aren’t shy.

Now there may be a shy Biden voter contingent in rural areas. Especially women

If you're talking about the Trafalgar Group, yeah, they're something else. Rich Lowry interviewed the Group's founder in a National Review article around couple of weeks ago. He's basically the only pollster who is openly predicting that Trump will win the election, and he says it is because almost all of the other polling firms undersample Trump voters, who as you said he thinks are basically in hiding, but he also believes these hidden Trump voters will flood the polls on Election Day for Dear Leader. So the Trafalgar Group's polling samples always add on some percentage points for Trump in pretty much every state to supposedly account for these "hidden" voters, which is why their polls are among the only ones to give Trump leads in most battleground states and even nationally on occasion. Nate Silver and Nate Cohn and some others have been very critical of their polling methods. We'll find out soon enough if they'll remain right-wing polling heroes, or if their 2016 predictions were just a lucky fluke.

Back