• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

He might be institutionalized before this is all over.

His niece’s book apparently suggests he’s been institutionalized, in a way for decades. Basically that he’s mentally ill and incapable of recognizing or living in the real world and has survived by deception and isolating/insulating himself from reality—a type of self-created, money-enabled institutionalization.

Even if the “institutionalization” concept is challenging for some to appreciate, the rest of the characterization should have been apparent to even casual observers of Trump for years.

I've never really hoped that the president go to prison after his term... Until now

I bet I’ve seen the Trump, “You won’t be safe in Joe Biden’s America” ad a half dozen times since I have been watching local Atlanta news beginning at 5:00. It’s a reprehensible ad. Even by the standards of presidential politics.

You can set your watch 6:45 during the NBC Nightly News.

Ok, look, I was joking. The only way I am not voting for Biden is if he makes Trump his running mate. I was mocking the recent posts on the VP thread about the importance of Biden’s VP pick. There could be no one worse than the current administration. Biden could pick Marcus, the fictional dog eating chimpstranaught, as his vp and he’d be better than Trump.

My bad for not understanding context, came in on the middle of the thread.

Joint Biden-Sanders task forces unveil progressive platform after months of negotiations

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/poli...sanders-task-force-recommendations/index.html

Some guy named Bernie Sanders is out there saying this platform would make Biden the most progressive president since FDR.
https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/...t-progressive-president-since-fdr-87244357520

By the way, make sure you watch Ady Barkan's interview with Joe Biden. Good stuff. As you would expect, Barkan asks tough questions. Barkan does give Biden his endorsement.

Last edited:
By the way, make sure you watch Ady Barkan's interview with Joe Biden. Good stuff. As you would expect, Barkan asks tough questions. Barkan does give Biden his endorsement.

It is good, but I wish it would change Biden's line (and Clinton and people who endorse Biden and quoted the interview) "healthcare is a right, not a privilege," because the policy Biden is supporting does still require the privilege of being able to afford premiums and deductibles and to take time off work to go to the doctor, putting at risk your employer-sponsored healthcare, etc. etc.

It is good, but I wish it would change Biden's line (and Clinton and people who endorse Biden and quoted the interview) "healthcare is a right, not a privilege," because the policy Biden is supporting does still require the privilege of being able to afford premiums and deductibles and to take time off work to go to the doctor, putting at risk your employer-sponsored healthcare, etc. etc.

Definitely. But consider it a starting point to move policy forward to address those issues.

Joint Biden-Sanders task forces unveil progressive platform after months of negotiations

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/poli...sanders-task-force-recommendations/index.html

Some guy named Bernie Sanders is out there saying this platform would make Biden the most progressive president since FDR.
https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/...t-progressive-president-since-fdr-87244357520

This is good, and it highlights how ridiculous it was for his campaign to hide him from this interview (and others) in the primary.

Biden is good at empathy, and he can do that and come off looking good even when talking to people who disagree with him.

I think it shows why he did. Barkin isn’t someone you want to talk with as his adversary. They’re on the same side now.

But yes, Biden is good at holding his ground and disagreeing in a respectful manner.

Last edited:
Which candidates did you think came across poorly in their interviews with Barkan?

Which candidates did you think came across poorly in their interviews with Barkan?

None of them that I saw. But none of them were the frontrunner.

LOL. Republicans are getting desperate. OMG the Biden-Bernie Unity Task Force cut and paste language from Bernie's platform!

Democrats, it's too soon to cheer Trump's defeat
Opinion by Arick Wierson and Bradley Honan

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/09/opin...mps-political-demise-wierson-honan/index.html

I understand that the message is "don't get copmplacent," but this doesn't seem like the strongest analysis. The first clue is their giving Trump credit for Republicans recently flipping a seat in deep blue California. They fail to realize, however, that the seat was only "flipped" after it was just turned blue in 2018 after being red for almost 20 years. The real surprise was it turning blue in the first place. You would think that analysts with 20 years of self proclaimed experience would have dug deeper than a Fox News talking point to start their argument.

Back