• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

From the quad, conspicuous absence

Also mentioned was that Currie and Clawson were taking 10% pay cuts, but nothing about Manning.

Not a single Manning reference in the entire email from Currie. Volumes.

Volumes of what, farts in the wind? You know what would actually speak volumes from Currie about Manning? If Currie actually said something about Manning.

John when we figure out my buyout I'll give you fifty bucks off.

All coaches took a pay cut led by Currie and Clausen at 10%.

Volumes of what, farts in the wind? You know what would actually speak volumes from Currie about Manning? If Currie actually said something about Manning.

Since you know there is no AD in his right mind who would publicly say something negative about a coach he intended to retain, what would you expect Currie to say? “I don’t really want to retain coach Manning, but given his contract and the current world situation, I’m stuck with him.”

Is that what you want?

Since you know there is no AD in his right mind who would publicly say something negative about a coach he intended to retain, what would you expect Currie to say? “I don’t really want to retain coach Manning, but given his contract and the current world situation, I’m stuck with him.”

Is that what you want?

Honestly? Yes.

Yeah, there’s something to be said for honesty in the world today. Looks like a lot of people are conditioned to expect dishonesty from Wake Forest officials.

Is that what you want?

That is basically what the BC AD said.

Is that what you want?

If Manning isn't man enough to be embarrassed at what he has done at Wake and resign, then some long-absent honesty from Wake administration is in order. How are you going to fix the mess by continuing to be dishonest?

Honesty is a part of doing the right thing, just as dishonesty is one of the factors that led to the wreckage Wake basketball finds itself in today.

Wake administration, phoney and dishonest - and trying to keep it a secret. Thanks Nathan. Thanks BoT. Thanks big doners.

Oh, yeah, and one other thing. Quit the secrecy. That's not helping either. In these circumstances, it has become little more than a thin cover for incompetence, dishonesty and lack of accountability.

Oh, yeah, and one other thing. Quit the secrecy. That's not helping either. In these circumstances, it has become little more than a thin cover for incompetence, dishonesty and lack of accountability.
We lost an AD who would just straight up lie about reality and replaced him with an AD who refuses to even acknowledge reality.

Say Currie comes out and is open and honest. He says, "I want to fire Danny Manning for his subpar job performance, but my predecessor Ron Wellman signed him to an extension that Wake Forest University cannot currently afford to buy him out of, and Danny Manning is refusing to take a lesser amount to leave. We have a tight budget and small donor base, so this may be a long-term problem in light of the new economic reality COVID-19 has created for universities and their athletic departments." A statement like that would make both Currie and Wake Forest look worse than not saying anything at all. It would also certainly provide ammunition to every other ACC school to call us small time in recruiting athletes across the board in all sports for a long time too. So how do you address the situation publicly if that is your reality? Keep in mind another reality of the shrinking donor base might involve acknowledging how many previous donors and season ticket holders Wellman alienated in the past decade that may never come back.

I would let the reporter ask question and say either a no comment or b due to certain current circumstances we are right now focused on trying to keep the Atlantic Department financially viable.

I would let the reporter ask question and say either a no comment or b due to certain current circumstances we are right now focused on trying to keep the Atlantic Department financially viable.

B sounds terrible to say as an ACC school. No other ACC school would come out publicly and say that. Saying A is basically the same as stipulating not to talk about it.

There is absolutely nothing for Currie to say right now on the Manning front given the growing uncertainty of students returning to campus in the Fall. Nothing.

I think you guys are missing the point that Currie has repeatedly ignored or denied 5 requests for interviews from Conor (and presumably some from Les) over the last month, but then when a big announcement was made regarding a major effort to cut costs in the department, he same day granted an interview to a random Raleigh TV guy to get the news out because he knew he wouldn't be questioned, much less challenged on the lack of Manning news. All he has to say is "No Comment", but he's not even willing to do that. It's a strategy of simply ignoring the elephant in the room by refusing to even grant interviews to the local beat guy.

1iDiFeG.png

I think you guys are missing the point that Currie has repeatedly ignored or denied 5 requests for interviews from Conor (and presumably some from Les) over the last month, but then when a big announcement was made regarding a major effort to cut costs in the department, he same day granted an interview to a random Raleigh TV guy to get the news out because he knew he wouldn't be questioned, much less challenged on the lack of Manning news. All he has to say is "No Comment", but he's not even willing to do that. It's a strategy of simply ignoring the elephant in the room by refusing to even grant interviews to the local beat guy.

1iDiFeG.png

WOW! The WRAL guy was told no questions about MBB. Crazy!

well I now know Brasky's Twitter handle. mine is posted in that as well.

Disappointed by the lack of expletives in Brasky's Twitter rants

Back