• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Getting America Back to Work - Weigh In

These aren’t genuine protesters. They’re the same easily manipulated gun nut white supremacists who get autodialed by the Koch Bros whenever they want to make a show of support for whatever big business wants. It worked with the Tea Party and it is working now.

Assholes and their selfish bs. Why does every protest by "patriotic Americans" include weapons of war? What the actual fuck does carrying an AR-15 to a political protest accomplish?

They appear tough and serious?

Of course they are just misguided idiots.

Assholes and their selfish bs. Why does every protest by "patriotic Americans" include weapons of war, Swastikas and Confederate flags ? What the actual fuck does carrying an AR-15 to a political protest accomplish?

FIFY

Assholes and their selfish bs. Why does every protest by "patriotic Americans" include weapons of war? What the actual fuck does carrying an AR-15 to a political protest accomplish?

They aren’t there to protest. They are there to intimidate.

So glad these dipshits have the Second Amendment to flaunt around

Based on my extensive research (reading one Wikipedia article) I cant see that militias have really had any positive impact on American history post-Constitution.

Am I wrong?

Based on my extensive research (reading one Wikipedia article) I cant see that militias have really had any positive impact on American history post-Constitution.

Am I wrong?

Based on no research and just #feelings, I would say you’re correct

Coronavirus Live Updates: Trump Administration Models Predict Near Doubling of Daily Death Toll by June

As President Trump presses for states to reopen their economies, his administration is privately projecting a steady rise in the number of cases and deaths from coronavirus over the next several weeks, reaching about 3,000 daily deaths on June 1, according to an internal document obtained by The New York Times, nearly double from the current level of about 1,750.

The projections, based on modeling by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and pulled together in chart form by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, forecast about 200,000 new cases each day by the end of the month, up from about 25,000 cases now.

The numbers underscore a sobering reality: While the United States has been hunkered down for the past seven weeks, not much has changed. And the reopening to the economy will make matters worse.

“There remains a large number of counties whose burden continues to grow,” the C.D.C. warned.

The projections confirm the primary fear of public health experts: that a reopening of the economy will put the nation right back where it was in mid-March, when cases were rising so rapidly in some parts of the country that patients were dying on gurneys in hospital hallways with cases rising so rapidly that the health care system is overloaded.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/...action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

“The numbers underscore a sobering reality: While the United States has been hunkered down for the past seven weeks, not much has changed. And the reopening to the economy will make matters worse.”

I think the word the author is looking for is “stabilized.” The US has been hunkered down and things have stabilized. Saying “not much has changed” suggests an expectation that stay at home was going to end the crisis. No. It prevents things from getting much much worse.

“The numbers underscore a sobering reality: While the United States has been hunkered down for the past seven weeks, not much has changed. And the reopening to the economy will make matters worse.”

I think the word the author is looking for is “stabilized.” The US has been hunkered down and things have stabilized. Saying “not much has changed” suggests an expectation that stay at home was going to end the crisis. No. It prevents things from getting much much worse.

Agree with you. Not a huge fan of that wording either for the exact same reason.

To say "no much has changed" is insanely lazy. A lot has changed for the better relative to the curve on the virus. It would be better to say it will take more time to bring the curve back down. And obviously taking your foot off the brake is going to make things worse for plenty of people. Anyone who wants to see what things look like without social distancing should look up Nobles County Minnesota.

Isn’t the curve being flattened in NYC but basically still climbing fast for the country minus NYC?

That's a good overall view of it, yes.

June is also going to be very bad deaths-wise (WH projects 3K a day) based on even this limited reopening.

Back