• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Getting America Back to Work - Weigh In

I believe the feds will cover all covid related expenses for uninsured patients in the hospital. And those with insurance will largely have their cost share waived by insurers. So hopefully this won’t be a problem and thus why it’s not being discussed.

So universal health care for one specific illness.

I believe the feds will cover all covid related expenses for uninsured patients in the hospital. And those with insurance will largely have their cost share waived by insurers. So hopefully this won’t be a problem and thus why it’s not being discussed.

What is your basis for this belief?

UK announcing their reopening plans today. Expected to announce that visitors from outside the UK must self-isolate for 14 days. Summer tourism in the UK is about to get crushed.

Arrival is what Im reading, but it's a confusing mess.

Pretty sure this ends my late July trip to Scotland.

Key virus modeler says rise in mobility is driving up death projection

Jacob Knutson
Christopher Murray, director of University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, said on CBS News' "Face the Nation" Sunday that his coronavirus model projects that more than 137,000 people in the United States may die from the virus by August.

Why it matters: Murray's influential IHME model, which is one of the forecasts used by the White House, has been criticized for frequently revising its projections. Murray said his team is tracking cellphone data and has seen "explosive increases in mobility in a number of states" that will likely translate into more cases and deaths in 10 days.

What he's saying: "We're seeing, in some states, a 20 percentage point increase in just 1o days in mobility, and that will translate into more human contact, more transmission," Murray said.

Murray explained that the rise in mobility is likely a result of states relaxing lockdown measures and of people simply growing tired of staying indoors.

"The places that are taking off the social distancing mandates, the bump in mobility appears to be larger," he said. "So somewhere like Georgia, which was one of the first, we're seeing is in that category of a pretty big increase."

The big picture: More than half the states in the U.S. have begun lifting some coronavirus restrictions or outlined plans to do so, despite few, if any, meeting the White House's criteria for reopening economies. This has prompted concerns among many health experts that there could be another surge in cases.

https://www.axios.com/ihme-coronavirus-model-mobility-85b6aa01-eb86-4c8b-bea3-521e0300e010.html

Last edited:
Philmont scout ranch delayed opening until July 1, which killed the June trip my son I have been preparing for all year. Sucks. Our crew is pushing our reservation to next summer, but not sure if we'll get a date that works for everyone.

We were supposed to go to Spain this September for our fifteenth but that's not happening now.

UK announcing their reopening plans today. Expected to announce that visitors from outside the UK must self-isolate for 14 days. Summer tourism in the UK is about to get crushed.

Austria has quick result testing at the airport, instead of isolation you can pay €190 for the test and know in 2-3 hours. Should help cut down on the people who need to be quarantined.

Also, TESTS. Having tests fucking helps everything.

Austria has quick result testing at the airport, instead of isolation you can pay €190 for the test and know in 2-3 hours. Should help cut down on the people who need to be quarantined.

Yes, but too much testing looks bad, as if there's a problem or something. Also, testing costs money, which here in the good old US of A is needed for things like the border wall and tax cuts. So, no go.

Yes, but too much testing looks bad, as if there's a problem or something. Also, testing costs money, which here in the good old US of A is needed for things like the border wall and tax cuts. So, no go.

You know what else costs money? Having hundreds of thousands of sick people and nobody confident to return to work or participate in society even if it's "open".

Philmont scout ranch delayed opening until July 1, which killed the June trip my son I have been preparing for all year. Sucks. Our crew is pushing our reservation to next summer, but not sure if we'll get a date that works for everyone.

Philmont should be ok, but a lot of camps are probably not going to survive this.

Last edited:

how many times have you been tested, Vad?

Back