• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Getting America Back to Work - Weigh In

I feel like pops is a fox news consuming, gop voting, trump voter that is struggling with the reality of the situation and how it differs completely from what those sources are telling him. He's crying out for help and understanding while his world view is forcibly crumbling around him. I hope. He is still here engaging and reading. Gives me hope for my own parents.

I also hope a lot of Republicans will wake up and gain a better grasp on reality.

It’s long past time for decent people in that party to realize that the party is not decent or worthy of support.

I feel like pops is a fox news consuming, gop voting, trump voter that is struggling with the reality of the situation and how it differs completely from what those sources are telling him. He's crying out for help and understanding while his world view is forcibly crumbling around him. I hope. He is still here engaging and reading. Gives me hope for my own parents.

Wow. Thanks for the diagnosis.
Fortunately I am still well enough and old enough to tell you to go F yourself. On this point even you own parents might concur.

Such a snowflake. Posts a thread asking what people think, then won’t respond to any legitimate points and catches feelings when someone calls him on his bullshit.

I see the usual respectful discourse and sharing of opinions on this Tunnels thread. Better luck next time Pops!

Fortunately I am still well enough and old enough to tell you to go F yourself. On this point even you own parents might concur.

A little too close to home? I get it. Rome is burning. Trump fiddles and does not realize what that means. You do. Take a deep breath. Ask what is in the koolaid before taking another sip.

For fucks sake dude. What has this administration done "correctly" so far relative to this crisis?

1 - Delayed social distancing by at least 3 weeks. In 21 days you go from 15K infected to over 2M. That's the compounding. By worrying about the impact on the economy he literally destroyed the economy.

2 - Claims credit for restricting travel from China but was somehow incapable of recognizing that was irrelevant if travel from China was not banned in Europe.

3 - Puts guidelines in place. Then calls for country to reopen on Easter. Then backs off. Then extends guidelines. Then tells states to liberate themselves from the very guidelines he implemented. That is so fucking FUBAR.

4 - Tells the governors they need to up tests. Refuses to help with tests. And tells the governor of New York it is "too complicated" while he pushes to reopen the states.

5 - Whines that governors are not thankful enough.

And that's by no means a complete list.

And here is the greatest fucking rub of all. What the fuck does reopening a country that derives 67% of its GDP from service based industries even do? Bc even if every state allowed every business to reopen with no restrictions the following businesses would all still be completely and utterly FUCKED.

a - Restaurants
b - Bars
c - Airlines
d - Cruise Lines
e - Theaters of all types
f - Clubs of all types
g - Salons of all types
h - Sports teams and clubs of all types

You can't survive if you lose your customers. And many of those customers are not going back. And insurers will dictate terms as we can track and trace more. They will demand restaurants implement social distancing. Boom. Thousands and thousands of those businesses go under. There's zero discussion about how we transform our economy, how we gear up for people to do different things. It's a complete vacuum of leadership. He has zero concern about the people. He has zero capacity to actually lead and inspire others. He's such an epic fuckstick. Epic.

Well said. This x 1000.

For fucks sake dude. What has this administration done "correctly" so far relative to this crisis?

1 - Delayed social distancing by at least 3 weeks. In 21 days you go from 15K infected to over 2M. That's the compounding. By worrying about the impact on the economy he literally destroyed the economy.

2 - Claims credit for restricting travel from China but was somehow incapable of recognizing that was irrelevant if travel from China was not banned in Europe.

3 - Puts guidelines in place. Then calls for country to reopen on Easter. Then backs off. Then extends guidelines. Then tells states to liberate themselves from the very guidelines he implemented. That is so fucking FUBAR.

4 - Tells the governors they need to up tests. Refuses to help with tests. And tells the governor of New York it is "too complicated" while he pushes to reopen the states.

5 - Whines that governors are not thankful enough.

And that's by no means a complete list.

And here is the greatest fucking rub of all. What the fuck does reopening a country that derives 67% of its GDP from service based industries even do? Bc even if every state allowed every business to reopen with no restrictions the following businesses would all still be completely and utterly FUCKED.

a - Restaurants
b - Bars
c - Airlines
d - Cruise Lines
e - Theaters of all types
f - Clubs of all types
g - Salons of all types
h - Sports teams and clubs of all types

You can't survive if you lose your customers. And many of those customers are not going back. And insurers will dictate terms as we can track and trace more. They will demand restaurants implement social distancing. Boom. Thousands and thousands of those businesses go under. There's zero discussion about how we transform our economy, how we gear up for people to do different things. It's a complete vacuum of leadership. He has zero concern about the people. He has zero capacity to actually lead and inspire others. He's such an epic fuckstick. Epic.

Phenomenal post!

A) Is he wrong? B) why won’t you respond to DeacMan’s post?

You guys all suck so much. Pops brings a different perspective and like clockwork everyone jumps on him for having a different view. You guys all are just the shittiest of shitty people.

You guys all suck so much. Pops brings a different perspective and like clockwork everyone jumps on him for having a different view. You guys all are just the shittiest of shitty people.

We gave him legitimate responses that he completely fucking ignores, except to say that we only hate it because of TDS. Really great argument there.

Also, sure, we are definitely the shittiest people in this situation, not the politician shirking responsibility, bragging about ratings and tweeting about liberating states with the 2nd amendment.

We gave him legitimate responses that he completely fucking ignores, except to say that we only hate it because of TDS. Really great argument there.

Also, sure, we are definitely the shittiest people in this situation, not the politician shirking responsibility, bragging about ratings and tweeting about liberating states with the 2nd amendment.

Creamy has become such a fucking snowflake.

Nah you guys are just lame. Y’all thrive off of collectively railing on anyone who disagrees with you.

Nobody wants to defend their fucking positions. We've been offering responses to DeacsPop and other conservatives, but they just ignore those so we needle them.

You sound like someone from the sunshine brigade on the sports board complaining about people wanting Manning fired.

Back