• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Getting America Back to Work - Weigh In

DeacsPop

Resident Old Man
Reaction score
So......is the three step plan the Administration announced this Evening a sound, logical strategy?

Weigh in.

Last edited:
like deep red states will follow anything before the re-open too soon and people start dying.

Hard to tell with VERY little details given. As it is now, I can easily envision some of these states opening up and then getting hammered with the virus.

No, leaving it up to the states is just a straight dereliction of duty

Why? Every State in the Country face different challenges and different degrees of CV 19 infestation. Thus, different paths to recovery. Makes perfect sense to me.

Basically another powder puff piece by Trump to give false hope to people and keep market up. Reality is no significant changes can take place in metros until Govs approve and that wont happen until testing and tracing is in place. Unfortunately I would bet that is 2-3 months away at best.

Why? Every State in the Country face different challenges and different degrees of CV 19 infestation. Thus, different paths to recovery. Makes perfect sense to me.

A virus doesn’t respect state lines.

Does the plan include any specific provisions to increase testing nationally, or at the state levels? Seems that would be a common sense requirement if you're going to open things back up. I haven't seen a link to it, so I don't know the details.

Basically another powder puff piece by Trump to give false hope to people and keep market up. Reality is no significant changes can take place in metros until Govs approve and that wont happen until testing and tracing is in place. Unfortunately I would bet that is 2-3 months away at best.

I don't think it is 2-3 mos away on testing. MN is at 1,000 tests a day. They have a vision to get that to 20K a day and I don't think that is 2-3 mos away. Even before 20K a day they'd be able to try and do a South Korea style test and track and SQ as we have a fraction of SK's population. What seems less clear is when is the state going to peak and how that varies from place to place.

I don't think it is 2-3 mos away on testing. MN is at 1,000 tests a day. They have a vision to get that to 20K a day and I don't think that is 2-3 mos away. Even before 20K a day they'd be able to try and do a South Korea style test and track and SQ as we have a fraction of SK's population. What seems less clear is when is the state going to peak and how that varies from place to place.

Great to hear that is the case. You feel same about states having the resources and ability to track as well?

As opposed to letting the administration decide. I'll take my chances with my governor.

Does the plan include any specific provisions to increase testing nationally, or at the state levels? Seems that would be a common sense requirement if you're going to open things back up. I haven't seen a link to it, so I don't know the details.

According to Andy Slavitt today, the testing companies are actually slowing down production because the health insurance companies are underpaying for the tests and there's no national coordinated buyer.

Back