• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Whose fault is it?

SC DEAC

Reaction score
Give each a percentage for how much of this current debacle is their fault ... I’ll start:

Ron Wellman 50%
Jeffrey bz 20%
Danny Manning 25%
John currie 4%
Sunshine brigade 1%
Negative Nellies 0%

This is wellman, hatch, big donors. Add a healthy dose of idiot's that keep giving money. When the wake will money started slowing [Redacted] was dumped.

[Redacted] was a "victim" of being a terrible college coach. He tried but...
danny is a stubborn, arrogant jack ass. He doesn't know how terrible he is but I don't blame him for insisting on that money.

Wellman and hatch own that vast majority ("ill say 75% and 20%). everyone knew literally one month into their respective tenures that Bzz and Manning sucked. they turned out to be exactly who everyone thought they were.

Wellman and hatch own that vast majority ("ill say 75% and 20%). everyone knew literally one month into their respective tenures that Bzz and Manning sucked. they turned out to be exactly who everyone thought they were.

80% Wellman. He should not have fired Dino when he did. He should have made better hires.

10% Bz and 10% Manning for being awful college head coaches.

You guessed it

frankstallone560.jpg

Wellman and Hatch. Wellman made terrible hires with a ridiculous extension for DFL and Hatch looked the other way while he was doing it.

Hatch, Hatch, Hatch, more Hatch and then Wellman. As I've been told many times, shit rolls downhill. Ronnie doesn't go down this road without being told from the top. Wellman had a sweet gig, for a long time before basketball blew up. He bought in 100%, but I can't believe he started the boulder down the hill. That is all on Hatch.

75% Wellman/25% Hatch for getting us into this mess; 60% Currie/40 % Hatch to get us out of it.
While BZ and Manning are 100% responsible for being crappy coaches, the mess we're in and what it will take to get out of it is squarely on the AD's and president.

I don't think the bluehairs are without some portion of the blame here, especially those with deep pockets who have helped perpetuate this disaster for a decade.

Honest question, who has more authority at Wake...Hatch or BOT? I'd think BOT, so them not standing up to Hatch would equate to them getting most of the blame and of course Wellman is high up there as well. I don't put a ton of it on Bzzz or Manning. They were offered jobs they weren't suited for. Not their fault they were put in those positions and suck(ed) at coaching.

If you give money to the Wake AD is it your fault.

Hatch, Wellman, Currie, etc have shown you exactly who they are. Stop empowering them with your dollars.

Skip's faulty heart 30%
Hatch/Wellman/BOT 60%
BzDick/Mannequin 5%
sunshine brigade/enablers 2%
Currie 3% (obviously subject to change)

Wellman - 90%
Everyone else - 10%

Wellman hired these two fools. Literally two of the 3 worst hires in the history of the program, if not the ACC, back to back. He could have been told to fire Dino and hire some boring dong milk-toast coach and found someone competent, but instead he hired Bz and the rest is history.

Back