• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dem VP - who ya' got

Fart-Smell_3200x1800.gif

nice selfie Bake

We know sailor is a racist and a misogynist since Stacey Abrams Abrams appearance is very important.

lubish "logic" at its best

By the way, Abrams is kind of charming with her gap-toothed smile, which is a lot more than anyone can say about Warren or Harris, who can both be rather reptilian.

Those toxic liz lads did so much damage to her campaign by attacking everyone who supported a different candidate in the primary, even if we agreed on 90% of her platform.

What is this referring to? I recall data showing Liz supporters were the most likely to support any Dem candidate besides Liz.

Ignoring the outcome (which was likely due to a major endorsement and a coordinated attempt by the establishment to project unity), how do you square this analysis with the fact that Biden became the nominee?

I’m not sure I understand the exact question. How did Biden win the nomination or how did he win given that he too ran a poor campaign? He basically just held on neither spending nor campaigning and as other campaigns burned through their spend without getting critical mass, he had the big event Super Tuesday. Biden was the default known name candidate in the end. Either you were an issues voter or an identity voter or just a “hey I know that guy”/“Biden has the best chance to beat Trump” voter.

Re: Harris
Don't forget she brought in a bunch of the HRC campaign people. Pretty sure they should not be offered more campaign jobs.

Re: Sailor and the lubes

Who is the biggest bully on the internet? Who lies nonstop and calls anyone that disagrees with him a name? Who called confederate statues "ours" ? Who cheers on nazi's?

Re: engaging with sailor

I can't stop myself even though his racism and misogyny make a futile effort.

I’m just imagining a 2016 alt ogboards with a bunch of thoughtful conservatives talking through the varying infighting the GOP nomination process went through, like an alternative universe where the purity test Ted Cruz coalition never forgave the populist Trump or sniveling Rubio or weak Kasich Bros.

Except instead they just fell in line and fell hard. 90% approval of Trump!!

The problem with this analysis is that Joe Biden got the nomination and ran a worse campaign than every single person that you mention, but I do appreciate your analysis of Harris.

I disagree that he ran a worse campaign than Harris. Three candidates came in with the advantage of instant and universal name recognition - Biden, Sanders and Warren. Of those 3, I'd rate them Sanders, Biden and Warren from best to worst. The other candidates either had middling to little name recognition. Again, 2 candidates with middling name recognition that ran lousy campaigns and were out early were Harris and Beto. The 2 people with fair to poor name recognition who I thought ran the best campaigns were Buttigieg and Klobuchar, so I'd throw those 2 in with Sanders as those who ran the best campaigns.

The 1 I was never able to figure out was Cory Booker. He had decent name recognition, didn't appear to make mistakes but just never got any traction. I wonder if he would have done better had Biden decided not to run.

jouissance baybeee

the thrill of repetition that promises to but doesn't quite fill our lack

Last edited:
Re: Biden's primary campaign- When you have 100% name recognition and the largest voting bloc on your side, you should let the others beat each other up and be the last person standing. It's how you win. It may not be exciting, but it is effective.

What is this referring to? I recall data showing Liz supporters were the most likely to support any Dem candidate besides Liz.

I'm doing an irony where I use a bad post to generalize all Liz Warren supporters as hateful assholes and then I'm giving them a cute alliterative nickname that erases her female voters

I’m not sure I understand the exact question. How did Biden win the nomination or how did he win given that he too ran a poor campaign? He basically just held on neither spending nor campaigning and as other campaigns burned through their spend without getting critical mass, he had the big event Super Tuesday. Biden was the default known name candidate in the end. Either you were an issues voter or an identity voter or just a “hey I know that guy”/“Biden has the best chance to beat Trump” voter.

Yeah, this is what I was getting at.

I'm doing an irony where I use a bad post to generalize all Liz Warren supporters as hateful assholes and then I'm giving them a cute alliterative nickname that erases her female voters

It's a cool irony. You should have went with snake Liz or corporate Liz (lol), though, because that actually happened.

Biden and his campaign did a very good job at one of the hardest tasks: don't piss off supporters and don't piss off potential supporters. A lot of people were allready inclined to vote for Biden. He just needed to do nothing thst would cause them to go elsewhere.

He also pretty successfully occupied all the center to moderately left of center space. By taking up all that air, some campaigns were stifled. Others were stuck trying to get traction in the Sanders/Warren dominated progressive space.

Democrats need to fall in love (with their candidate).

Re: Harris
Don't forget she brought in a bunch of the HRC campaign people. Pretty sure they should not be offered more campaign jobs.

Re: Sailor and the lubes

Who is the biggest bully on the internet? Who lies nonstop and calls anyone that disagrees with him a name? Who called confederate statues "ours" ? Who cheers on nazi's?

you keep posting falsehoods, the least you could do is not make them insipid as well

Biden and his campaign did a very good job at one of the hardest tasks: don't piss off supporters and don't piss off potential supporters. A lot of people were allready inclined to vote for Biden. He just needed to do nothing thst would cause them to go elsewhere.

He also pretty successfully occupied all the center to moderately left of center space. By taking up all that air, some campaigns were stifled. Others were stuck trying to get traction in the Sanders/Warren dominated progressive space.

Democrats need to fall in love (with their candidate).

lots of luck in 2020

Biden's candidacy was saved by Jim Clyburn, who then insisted on changes to the campaign, which he suggested had been mishandled.

We don't have to pretend he ran a good campaign just because he won.

Back