• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dem VP - who ya' got

Tammy Duckworth, Val Demings

Kamala Harris doesn’t connect although solid.

Elizabeth Warren would be a disaster,

Amy Klobuchar would be a good president IMO which is hugely importan with uncle joes age

Disagree about Klobuchar. I thought she ran a good campaign and was sharp in the debates, however she still lacks charisma and is stuck in the 80s/90s when it comes to criminal justice and sentencing reform. The events of the last couple months disqualify her as a running mate. While I've been extremely critical of the campaign Harris ran, she's much more nuanced and sensitive to these issues. While she's not my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice for veep, I won't be overly pissed if Joe picks her. Would rather see her as AG. I'm still strongly in the Tammy2 camp.

I have liked Duckworth for many months. With the info about Putin putting bounties on US GIs, she may be the best pick. Every day she's on the campaign trail, she could hit on Trump's weakness and cowardice.

Duckworth for VP VoteVets ad

If Donald's treasonous behavior with Putin and now his silence for over a year on the bounties on American soldiers isn't enough to get you to vote to oust that pos Sen Duckworth won't be either. And now the Senate trumpublicans are removing a requirement to notify the FBI if a foreign agent offers help or money during an election does not terrify you to vote these complicit toadies out off office there is, quite literally, no hope for you.

/anecdote with no real point/ at my last company about 4 or 5 years ago I interviewed and extended an offer to Tammy Duckworth's husband to be our IT Security Engineer. He declined the offer. Of course he never mentioned her and they have different last names as she retained hers but in researching him online I discovered who he was. He was IT security in the Army and had a good resume and was a solid candidate and really nice guy, wanted more $ than I could pay. I was bummed /anecdote with no real point/

If Donald's treasonous behavior with Putin and now his silence for over a year on the bounties on American soldiers isn't enough to get you to vote to oust that pos Sen Duckworth won't be either. And now the Senate trumpublicans are removing a requirement to notify the FBI if a foreign agent offers help or money during an election does not terrify you to vote these complicit toadies out off office there is, quite literally, no hope for you.

Thank you for the lecture; much appreciated.
I didn't vote for that POS in '16 (I wrote in Kevin Spacey which seemed like a good choice at the time, silly me) and I wouldn't under any circumstances in '20.
But if anyone doesn't have concerns about Biden, they are kidding themselves.
I personally just want to be sure Biden picks a VP who can step in with qualifications and sensibility (like Duckworth) when he steps down. As someone who has little use for any Politician, Dem Or Pub, she may actually restore my faith that they aren't all pieces of shit.

I didn't vote for that POS in '16 (I wrote in Kevin Spacey which seemed like a good choice at the time, silly me) and I wouldn't under any circumstances in '20.
I personally just want to be sure Biden picks a VP who can step in with qualifications and sensibility (like Duckworth) when he steps down. As someone who has little use for any Politician, Dem Or Pub, she may actually restore my faith that they aren't all pieces of shit.

tenor.gif

I can so get behind Duckworth for VP.
It would even get me to pull the lever for Biden which would be the first Dem Pres. I voted for since McGovern in '72.

You voted for McGovern?!? Did you have a "Don't Blame Me, I Voted for McGovern" bumper sticker? The other bumper sticker I remember as a kid in that era was "Nixon, Now More Than Ever". Never really understood that 1 but would stare at it and wonder about it.

I, too, have concerns about Biden. But is the ANY VP he could pick could pick that would cause you to vote for Trump?

If you will not vote for biden you are helping trump. A lecture won't help. Complicit is as complicit does... or I suppose doesn't do in your case.

I, too, have concerns about Biden. But is the ANY VP he could pick could pick that would cause you to vote for Trump?

What are your concerns about Biden, specifically on these top issues:

Coronavirus
racism and police
recession and income inequality
southern border humanitarian crisis
healthcare
nuclear proliferation
environmental decay

Yeah not to pile on but what could possibly be more concerning than another 4 years of Donald trump?

What are your concerns about Biden, specifically on these top issues:

Coronavirus
racism and police
recession and income inequality
southern border humanitarian crisis
healthcare
nuclear proliferation
environmental decay

Not to answer for Shorty, but I have cognitive concerns with Joe. It's difficult to distinguish between an old Joe gaffe and a senior moment. That said, I do hope he picks Tammy2, and I have faith that he'll have an able cabinet.

If you will not vote for biden you are helping trump. A lecture won't help. Complicit is as complicit does... or I suppose doesn't do in your case.

I will only VOTE for a politician I can support. If Biden doesn't do it for me I will write in someone else as I did in 2016. (Sam Darnold and Yosemite Sam are currently in contention.)

My primary concern right now with Biden is yes, his cognitive ability and whether he can demonstrate leadership I admire. I know that's very subjective but it is how I feel. Duckworth would allay those concerns. I have been a life long Pub but with a history of being a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. The obvious downside on a Dem victory is the potential market/economic decline and the Dems habit of throwing money at everything that doesn't move. Under the circumstances, I'll just have to live with that.
Socially, it should get us back on track for social reform and more a more balanced Court which is of utmost importance.

Not to answer for Shorty, but I have cognitive concerns with Joe. It's difficult to distinguish between an old Joe gaffe and a senior moment. That said, I do hope he picks Tammy2, and I have faith that he'll have an able cabinet.

And that’s my concern. On every issue Bake mentions, I prefer Biden over the narcissistic, amoral, unethical, dishonest, racist asshole currently occupying the White House. It’s just that I wish we had a better choice with whom to replace him than Biden. But he’s now our only option.

Given that we don’t have any other pres choices, I would like to see Biden choose Klob as his VP running mate. Not so much because she would help him carry a state Dems need, but because I think she would be a great Pres when the time comes.

I will only VOTE for a politician I can support. If Biden doesn't do it for me I will write in someone else as I did in 2016. (Sam Darnold and Yosemite Sam are currently in contention.)

My primary concern right now with Biden is yes, his cognitive ability and whether he can demonstrate leadership I admire. I know that's very subjective but it is how I feel. Duckworth would allay those concerns. I have been a life long Pub but with a history of being a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. The obvious downside on a Dem victory is the potential market/economic decline and the Dems habit of throwing money at everything that doesn't move. Under the circumstances, I'll just have to live with that.
Socially, it should get us back on track for social reform and more a more balanced Court which is of utmost importance.

You may want to check your numbers on how the stock market does under Dem presidents vs Pub presidents.

Stocks historically do better with dems but need to factor in taxes which will have to go up

Back