• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dem VP - who ya' got

1. Whitmer, because she will deliver Michigan.
2. See response to question 1.
3. Klobuchar

I've been rooting for Klobuchar basically since the beginning and think she would make the best president 4 years from now. However, the primary objective must remain beating Trump. I know that the importance of VP candidates is generally exaggerated, and they end up being mostly irrelevant. But Whitmer's popularity in a state with that level of importance tips the scales in her favor. I'll be happy with either choice.

wakelaw got it right...

Will she deliver Michigan? honest q - i don't know how popular she is. doesn't kid rock live there still?

I like Whitmer but is she going to make up for Biden’s shortcomings and build excitement for the ticket? Is Michigan deep purple or has it already crossed over like VA in 2016? Don’t want to make a Kaine pick. Keep in mind Whitmer got 53.3% in 2018 with 2,266,193. Trump got 47.5% with 2,279,543 in 2016. Is Michigan in play?

For the record, Rick Snyder won governor in 2014 with 50.9% or 1,605,034 votes.

Even with the absolute shit show going on right now her favorables are 57/37.

PH, who is your choice?

Last edited:
I like Whitmer but is she going to make up for Biden’s shortcomings and build excitement for the ticket? Is Michigan deep purple or has it already crossed over like VA in 2016? Don’t want to make a Kaine pick. Keep in mind Whitmer got 53.3% in 2018 with 2,266,193. Trump got 47.5% with 2,279,543 in 2016. Is Michigan in play?

For the record, Rick Snyder won governor in 2014 with 50.9% or 1,605,034 votes.

I mean, the Kaine pick was that he was a boring ass white dude who could speak Spanish that would make it easier for sexist moderates to vote for Clinton. Biden has been in that role before, so he needs somebody with a bit more juice so can be the alpha, so to speak while he sits out a decent amount of the campaigning process, like Clinton did.

Whitmer can't possibly make up for Biden's shortcomings, but the real question is does she have the gravitas to be the campaigner for the campaign? I honestly don't know. I haven't been watching her, just reading about her. Kamala Harris, in my opinion, would make Biden look like a much stronger candidate and her political weaknesses aren't going to be liabilities compared to Trump/Pence.

What do y'all think?

Klobuchar is an awful person? Why, because of the reports about how she treated staff? There are a lot of pussies everywhere who can't take any criticism of their job performance. Heaven forbid we have a demanding boss as the chief executive of our country. If they don't want to work in a high-pressure environment, perhaps they should have used their connections to obtain an easier job elsewhere.

There’s a difference between demanding and abusive. Plenty of high stress jobs with excellent execs that don’t abuse their staff. Not the way to get the best results from the people who work for you.

Even with the absolute shit show going on right now her favorables are 57/37.

PH, who is your choice?

Duckworth or Pressley. You can do a search for a more detailed explanation on other threads.

I also think Whitmer would be hurt by the perception that she’s managing a crisis while running for VP.

Last edited:
Duckworth or Pressley. You can do a search for a more detailed explanation on other threads.

I also think Whitmer would be hurt by the perception that she’s managing a crisis while running for VP.

Agree that that could be an issue for Whitmer. But if folks are talking about MI, why no mention of Granholm? Too long out of office? As for Duckworth, is her being born in Bangkok disqualifying? Or was she born on a US base, or does that still matter (I haven't kept up on the natural born citizen issue)?

I echo others that it needs to be someone ready to take over given Biden's age and health. Klobuchar, while not being very exciting, has the requisite experience, is from the apparently correct region of the country and performed well in the Dem debates and as a candidate generally. Dems should be able to hold onto that seat. As for Harris, I was less than impressed with her campaign, but I guess she's fine, although she doesn't help geographically. Would also be okay with Duckworth, Whitmer or Granholm.

There’s a difference between demanding and abusive. Plenty of high stress jobs with excellent execs that don’t abuse their staff. Not the way to get the best results from the people who work for you.

Misogynist! You don't hear about mean male bosses...

Misogynist! You don't hear about mean male bosses...

if this is sarcasm, i don't get it

if it's real, there's a big difference between "mean" and abusive

a boss isn't mean if they throw a stapler at an employee, they're abusive

Couldn't edit, but after a quick search, Granholm was born in Canada and may have the same issue as Duckworth.

if this is sarcasm, i don't get it

if it's real, there's a big difference between "mean" and abusive

a boss isn't mean if they throw a stapler at an employee, they're abusive

You don't think any of the male candidates on either side over the past 2-5 elections have been abusive to their employees? If you believe this, you must believe WWI was ended by The Plague.

Couldn't edit, but after a quick search, Granholm was born in Canada and may have the same issue as Duckworth.

Her father was American. So, being born in Thailand is like McCain's being born in the Canal Zone.

townie, why did you support Bernie when he didn't pay women staffers in 2016 equally to men staffers? There was sexual harassment of women on his 2016 campaign. Why didn't you walk away from him for that?

You don't think any of the male candidates on either side over the past 2-5 elections have been abusive to their employees? If you believe this, you must believe WWI was ended by The Plague.

What the fuck is this?

What the fuck is this?

Let's breakdown what I posted:

"You don't think any of the male candidates on either side over the past 2-5 elections have been abusive to their employees?"

I correctly said that bagging on Klobuchar for being an "abusive" boss while not holding men to the same standard is sexist and misogynistic. You rarely hear about male candidates being tough on their employees.

RE: "If you believe this, you must believe WWI was ended by The Plague."

If you believe no male candidate has been mean or abusive, you are being unrealistic.

As to WWI being ended by The Plague - Trump said that during his press conference last night.

So, there's as much chance that none of the more than two dozen males were all fair and non-abusive to their employees as there is that Trump was accurate about the ending of The War to End All Wars.

Back