• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dem VP - who ya' got

You didn’t say “mean or abusive” you said “abusive.” And are suggesting such abuse is such a widespread and common occurrence that most definitely a male presidential candidate would have done it in the past 2-5 elections.

So what are you saying? Either
1. They did it and it’s not a big deal. Which is offensively stupid
2. It’s so widespread that it happens so often that even presidential candidates do it. Incredible.

Why the range of 2-5 elections, what about 6 elections ago caused that to be left out

Also a third option, you are refusing to distinguish between mean and abusive.

You didn’t say “mean or abusive” you said “abusive.” And are suggesting such abuse is such a widespread and common occurrence that most definitely a male presidential candidate would have done it in the past 2-5 elections.

So what are you saying? Either
1. They did it and it’s not a big deal. Which is offensively stupid
2. It’s so widespread that it happens so often that even presidential candidates do it. Incredible.

Why the range of 2-5 elections, what about 6 elections ago caused that to be left out

I said 2-5 elections to keep it this century. I'm sure some male candidates were abusive during that period and before.

It's illogical that no male candidate over the past fifty years hasn't been abusive to his staff or other employees. Male bosses are treated differently than female bosses. To deny this is to deny reality.

Why wasn't much said about the poor pay and sexual harassment of women in Bernie's campaign? Why do the same people lambaste and decide Klobuchar is unworthy but still support Bernie? What's that word again?

I suggest Sally Jewell would be a good VP. Former Secretary of Interior, great environmental and climate change record, and has a business background as CEO of REI. She could speak to issues that matter to young voters, but she is not widely known.

Biden is gonna pick, Harris. Intersectionality is emotionally important for today's Dems. And she's good in that department. Also, Biden needs an attack dog in order to try to remain above the fray and to try to present himself as a unifier; and so, her task during the campaign will be to attack Trump ruthlessly and relentlessly. She has shown that she can do this, at least well enough to impress Dem voters.

My favorite is of course little red lubette. She is exactly what the Dems desire and deserve.

I suggest Sally Jewell would be a good VP. Former Secretary of Interior, great environmental and climate change record, and has a business background as CEO of REI. She could speak to issues that matter to young voters, but she is not widely known.

Quick look at her bio shows he's not a natural-born citizen so she's not eligible.

Neither do I. We'll have some intriguing politicians aging into becoming presidential prospects by 2024.

Sure, but the VP would be the favorite.

You just posted on the other thread that VP is a good position for somebody with no aspiration for public office. Which is it?

What do you mean which one is it? It's all of the above. If Michelle Obama wants to be involved in bringing the country back from the Trump era but doesn't want to have to run a campaign and be in an elected office, VP would be a good position. And if VP Michelle wanted to run for President, she'd be the favorite. Whoever is VP, if they want to run for President, they'd be the favorite.

Think about it like this. VP Bush was the obvious favorite in 1988 and won. VP Cheney never had plans to be President at all. Same position. Different pathways. Both worked.

You don't think any of the male candidates on either side over the past 2-5 elections have been abusive to their employees? If you believe this, you must believe WWI was ended by The Plague.

townie, why did you support Bernie when he didn't pay women staffers in 2016 equally to men staffers? There was sexual harassment of women on his 2016 campaign. Why didn't you walk away from him for that?

ah i see it's just a whatabout, sorry, thought you were actually trying to rationalize the actions, but it appears you simply don't care, and it's fine to be abusive

what is intersectionality, sailor?

if hillary didn't kill intersectional politics for dems it's quite clear biden has, along with all but destroying the me too movement

turns out it doesn't really matter as much as we thought it did, except to college educated white voters anyway!

Sure, but the VP would be the favorite.

which I don't think is a good thing

I'd rather have a fresh start going into 2024 than having a default nominee -- we'll just fall right back into the exact same electability problem we had this go around

pick the best person, either to boost election chances or, preferably, because you think they'd actually be the best for the job and let 2024 shake itself out when it happens

don't exclude someone like Elizabeth Warren from consideration because she won't be a good 2024 presidential candidate

which I don't think is a good thing

I'd rather have a fresh start going into 2024 than having a default nominee -- we'll just fall right back into the exact same electability problem we had this go around

pick the best person, either to boost election chances or, preferably, because you think they'd actually be the best for the job and let 2024 shake itself out when it happens

don't exclude someone like Elizabeth Warren from consideration because she won't be a good 2024 presidential candidate

This.

if hillary didn't kill intersectional politics for dems it's quite clear biden has, along with all but destroying the me too movement

turns out it doesn't really matter as much as we thought it did, except to college educated white voters anyway!

the last few months is starting to bring out the vulgar historical materialist in me

it's not even just porfolio bros anymore; liberals as a class are just spineless cowards who simply don't give a shit about issues that aren't pragmatically useful to them to achieve some sort of political or ideological ends. there is a crushing lack of humanity in the center-left right now.

Rep Clyburn throws out the name of Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms as possible VP pick. She has a served in city council and been mayor for 2.5 years.

the last few months is starting to bring out the vulgar historical materialist in me

it's not even just porfolio bros anymore; liberals as a class are just spineless cowards who simply don't give a shit about issues that aren't pragmatically useful to them to achieve some sort of political or ideological ends. there is a crushing lack of humanity in the center-left right now.

Lol. Just make sure you don't condescend against other people.

On that note, Gillibrand would be an interesting VP candidate, but she probably played herself out of the role by coming out against Franken and the Bubba.

one of the most obvious and persistent habits of people on the left is overestimating the magnitude and the rapidity of change

the Dems are far from finished with intersectional politics (although it would be better for them and the country as well, if they were)

Back