• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dem VP - who ya' got

Not going to help with the Kamala is a Cop people though. Plus there will be plenty of scrutiny on any officer-involved incidents that happened during her time. And her husband is the mayor of Orange County. So his nose needs to be clean too.

Not going to help with the Kamala is a Cop people though. Plus there will be plenty of scrutiny on any officer-involved incidents that happened during her time. And her husband is the mayor of Orange County. So his nose needs to be clean too.

True, but at this point there aren't many better options. Fuck it, I'm all. Play the electoral map game, anything to beat this sick fuck.

I think Demings is an easier sell right now than Harris. The bigger question to me is whether Demings helps at all with the midwest. I think PA and MI are probably already back in the blue fold. WI and even MN are a bit iffier. But it's increasingly looking like AZ is going to turn blue, and NC and FL are within reach. I agree that she and her husband need a thorough vetting, but at this point, and assuming all vetting comes back clean, Duckworth and Demings would be my top 2 choices.

Tammy Duckworth checks an awful lot of boxes like Thai-American, Lt Colonel and combat veteran, Helicopter pilot and wounded in combat, lost both legs, devoted Mother and wife, etc. She's also not a fossil clocking in at only 52 years old and Dems would easily hold her senate seat.

I think Demings is an easier sell right now than Harris. The bigger question to me is whether Demings helps at all with the midwest. I think PA and MI are probably already back in the blue fold. WI and even MN are a bit iffier. But it's increasingly looking like AZ is going to turn blue, and NC and FL are within reach. I agree that she and her husband need a thorough vetting, but at this point, and assuming all vetting comes back clean, Duckworth and Demings would be my top 2 choices.

Solid analysis, I agree.

Absolutely love how the Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms has handled the latest challenges in her City and feel that she is indeed a rising star in the Dem Party.
However everything I read right now about Senator Duckworth's background and experiences makes me believe she would be an excellent VP Candidate.
Come to think of it; I wish she would head the ticket.

Last edited:
After what's happened in Minnesota, I agree Amy is probably not a good choice, fair or not. Duckworth is super impressive, and I love the shots she has taken at Trump basically calling him a draft dodging pussy (accurate). I'm in.

Welcome to my Duckworth takes from like two years ago. Don’t forget she was the first Senator to give birth while in office. At 50. Nursed her daughter on the Senate floor too.

After what's happened in Minnesota, I agree Amy is probably not a good choice, fair or not. Duckworth is super impressive, and I love the shots she has taken at Trump basically calling him a draft dodging pussy (accurate). I'm in.

And has been trying to get police reform passed for several years.

Absolutely love how the Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms has handled the latest challenges in her City and feel that she is indeed a rising star in the Dem Party.
However everything I read right now about Senator Duckworth's background and experiences makes me believe she would be an excellent VP Candidate.

Yeah, I'd much rather have her than Joe at the top. My dream candidate for maximizing the largest EC victory would have been Jon Tester and his Johnny U crew cut. But we're stuck with Joe. And I think a Duckworth/Demings ticket would be strong for 2024.

However everything I read right now about Senator Duckworth's background and experiences makes me believe she would be an excellent VP Candidate for me not to vote for.

Did I fix it for you?

If Dems don't win those two GA Senate seats now, Bottoms should run for one of them and let Abrams have a path to governor.

I know what the polls say, but Biden has to understand the zeitgeist. Warren is not the pick.

Last edited:
Yeah, Pressley's definitely not getting the nom

Yeah, Pressley's definitely not getting the nom

If Biden picks Warren, Pressley vs. Kennedy could be a battle for the ages. If Pressley wins, I think she's got a good chance at the nomination in 2028 or 2032.

The people criticizing the slogan "Defund the Police" are like people who show up at a 10 am meeting at 11:30 am and complain about the agenda. People have been addressing this problem since before others realized it was a problem. Let them lead.

Back