• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dem VP - who ya' got

If Biden picks Warren, Pressley vs. Kennedy could be a battle for the ages. If Pressley wins, I think she's got a good chance at the nomination in 2028 or 2032.

The people criticizing the slogan "Defund the Police" are like people who show up at a 10 am meeting at 11:30 am and complain about the agenda. People have been addressing this problem since before others realized it was a problem. Let them lead.

Warren would give the ticket a combined age of almost 150. Biden needs to be a 1 term transition to someone younger, not someone who would be 74 if she ran in 2024.

Warren would give the ticket a combined age of almost 150. Biden needs to be a 1 term transition to someone younger, not someone who would be 74 if she ran in 2024.

Are one term presidencies that common historically?

Also, it’s interesting how the goal posts are already moving to exclude Warren from the electability conversation after we elected old white men twice. Interesting, to say the least.

The people criticizing the slogan "Defund the Police" are like people who show up at a 10 am meeting at 11:30 am and complain about the agenda. People have been addressing this problem since before others realized it was a problem. Let them lead.

love the analogy here, tbh.

Also, it’s interesting how the goal posts are already moving to exclude Warren from the electability conversation after we elected old white men twice. Interesting, to say the least.

She wasn't my 1st choice, but I would have been fine with her at the top of the ticket. But I really don't want the ticket to be a combined 150 years old. His veep choice needs to be more of a look toward the future.

It's not moving the goal posts. Warren was trounced as a presidential candidate. If Warren had beaten Biden in the Dem primaries, no chance she would have considered a VP candidate in their 70s either.

She wasn't my 1st choice, but I would have been fine with her at the top of the ticket. But I really don't want the ticket to be a combined 150 years old. His veep choice needs to be more of a look toward the future.

Do you mean "future" ideologically, or just a candidate younger than 60?

Warren was/is my 1st choice for prez but I'm not feeling her as Veep rn

Joe Biden will already be the oldest POTUS when he is sworn in next January. Given his age and what appears to be some cognitive decline, we cannot rule out the possibility that he will not complete his first term. IMO, his VP should be someone considerably younger who also has enough experience to take over if needed.

Although I am sticking by my earlier prediction that Biden will pick Harris for VP, he should give serious consideration to Stacey Abrams. She's very strong on the essential requirements for a Dem VP: woman, Black, never says anything dumb in public, and she's never lost an election.

Although I am sticking by my earlier prediction that Biden will pick Harris for VP, he should give serious consideration to Stacey Abrams. She's very strong on the essential requirements for a Dem VP: woman, Black, never says anything dumb in public, and she's never lost an election.

GA had a gubernatorial election in 2018.

Huh? Abrams has never lost an election? Try Governorship of her own State.
Only way Biden may lose this election (in my opinion) is picking a VP Candidate that the majority of Americans cannot see as a solid Presidential Candidate. That or fall asleep during the debates.
Both are possible.
With that said, Warren comes to mind as a choice that would alienate a majority of people.
His best choice would be Duckworth, hands down.

I think Adams may be more likely than Harris due to CA being "LOCK" and GA (hopefully RACIOST, immoral cutting of "voter rolls" will be overturned) getting into play. She had about ten INCREDIBLE years in the GA Assembly, TREMENDOUS legal background and stands bigly for what she believe.

Believe me, as VP candidate, Stacey Adams could out the vote "bigger than ever" due to getting SCREWED the last time.

I think Adams may be more likely than Harris due to CA being "LOCK" and GA (hopefully RACIOST, immoral cutting of "voter rolls" will be overturned) getting into play. She had about ten INCREDIBLE years in the GA Assembly, TREMENDOUS legal background and stands bigly for what she believe.

Believe me, as VP candidate, Stacey Adams could out the vote "bigger than ever" due to getting SCREWED the last time.

Stacey Adams would have name recognition problems.

Warren was/is my 1st choice for prez but I'm not feeling her as Veep rn

This is where I am (Warren/Castro would have been my dream ticket - even reversed). I'm not liking Warren as VP. My preference would be Pressley, Duckworth probably makes the most sense.

I am all in on Senate Majority Leader Warren, however.

This is where I am (Warren/Castro would have been my dream ticket - even reversed). I'm not liking Warren as VP. My preference would be Pressley, Duckworth probably makes the most sense.

Agree with every detail of this post.

Definitely in on this one.

Back