• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dem VP - who ya' got

Those toxic liz lads did so much damage to her campaign by attacking everyone who supported a different candidate in the primary, even if we agreed on 90% of her platform.

What ever happened to gaptoothed proven winner Stacey?

It will be Harris, as aggressive, combative intersectionality rules Dem minds this election.

Fart-Smell_3200x1800.gif

Those toxic liz lads did so much damage to her campaign by attacking everyone who supported a different candidate in the primary, even if we agreed on 90% of her platform.

Nice play on words.

My point is that Bernie supporters were and are sexist. That is a trait they share with the majority of the people voting in 2020 primaries, by the way.

Do you really want to argue that Biden and Sanders were the 2 best/most qualified candidates this primary season? And if you don’t, then why were they get the most votes?

Sanders because he ran a good, coalition building campaign.

Biden because everyone dropped out and endorsed him.

Sexism is an issue but Warren and Harris also ran really bad campaigns.

Nice play on words.

My point is that Bernie supporters were and are sexist. That is a trait they share with the majority of the people voting in 2020 primaries, by the way.

Do you really want to argue that Biden and Sanders were the 2 best/most qualified candidates this primary season? And if you don’t, then why were they get the most votes?

They were just following their leader. In the 2016 campaign women and people of color were paid less while working for the Sanders campaign.

Believe me, as VP candidate, Stacey Adams could out the vote "bigger than ever" due to getting SCREWED the last time.

When is the last time that the US had a policy wonkish type president? It might appeal to you, but it hasn't proven to be electable.

To overtake the established names, you have to be able to sell a vision.

Warren needed to go after Sanders in the primaries much harder than she did. Ultimately, it was going to be him or her representing the progressive side of the party and often she seemed like she was running interference for him.

Not many wonkish nominees even. Dukakis is the most wonkish we've had. Gore and Stevenson were also a bit wonky, but not nearly as much as Dukakis. And to be fair to Al, while he lacked charisma, he did win the popular vote.

I think the blanket argument that Bernie Bros didn't support Liz Warren because of sexism is outrageously ignorant and dismissive of the legitimate differences between the two candidates, and its blatantly classist antagonism. I know lots of people who prefer Liz Warren over Bernie Sanders and the only ones who use that argument are assholes who refuse to legitimize Bernie Sanders popularity.

I know. You don't like Elizabeth Warren. She's not the entire story, though. Why did Kamala Harris fail to gain traction?

The 2 candidates who last February I thought I'd like the most were Beto and Harris, and to me, they were the 2 most disappointing. Beto was a stuffed suit with no substance. Harris ran a shitty campaign in many ways. Harris' biggest strategic mistake was running so far to the left. As a former prosecutor and AG, she was never going to be accepted by Bernie and Warren supporters who would never trust either her or Klobuchar. And attacking Obama in that debate pissed off the party establishment. So she never found her lane and ceded the lane between the left and the establishment to Buttigieg. This is also why I've been down on her for veep, though it's sounding like she may be the favorite at the moment.

ugh. why are we relitigating the Bernie-Liz feud again

ugh. why are we relitigating the Bernie-Liz feud again

I dont like being called a sexist, and I dont like my friends being called sexists, for simply making ideological analyses that are more than skin deep.

The 2 candidates who last February I thought I'd like the most were Beto and Harris, and to me, they were the 2 most disappointing. Beto was a stuffed suit with no substance. Harris ran a shitty campaign in many ways. Harris' biggest strategic mistake was running so far to the left. As a former prosecutor and AG, she was never going to be accepted by Bernie and Warren supporters who would never trust either her or Klobuchar. And attacking Obama in that debate pissed off the party establishment. So she never found her lane and ceded the lane between the left and the establishment to Buttigieg. This is also why I've been down on her for veep, though it's sounding like she may be the favorite at the moment.

The problem with this analysis is that Joe Biden got the nomination and ran a worse campaign than every single person that you mention, but I do appreciate your analysis of Harris.

Sexism is an issue but Warren and Harris also ran really bad campaigns.

Ignoring the outcome (which was likely due to a major endorsement and a coordinated attempt by the establishment to project unity), how do you square this analysis with the fact that Biden became the nominee?

I dont like being called a sexist, and I dont like my friends being called sexists, for simply making ideological analyses that are more than skin deep.

Maybe, the people on the left should listen to your post here and not do the exact same thing to those they disagree with here. Hell, you said this, "blatantly classist antagonism".

It's disingenuous to complain about being called something when you so quickly do the same.

Back