• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dem VP - who ya' got

Henry Chinaski

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Figured worth a new thread to get us away from the morass on the Dem debacle and Trump/ Biden thread. Appreciate VP picks end up usually having little impact but i guess it's the next piece of news

Three questions:

1. Who will Biden pick?
2. Who *should* with the singular purpose of maximizing his chances at winning the election
3. Who *should* he pick that would be best at the job (regardless of impact on election)

I'd say

1. Kamala
2. Kamala
3. Warren

Even though she is highly qualified I think Warren would bring out the haters (a la Hillary) and to some small degree give rubes a reason to justify/rationalize voting for Trump. Bernie Bros are also still angry at her perceived traitorous behavior. That said, lot of media stuff and op/eds about her qualifications so somebody is making that push on her behalf.

1. Whitmer, to own the rubes
2. Don, Jr.
3. Obama

Definitely should be someone that could start a 2-term presidency in 2024.

1. Whitmer, because she will deliver Michigan.
2. See response to question 1.
3. Klobuchar

I've been rooting for Klobuchar basically since the beginning and think she would make the best president 4 years from now. However, the primary objective must remain beating Trump. I know that the importance of VP candidates is generally exaggerated, and they end up being mostly irrelevant. But Whitmer's popularity in a state with that level of importance tips the scales in her favor. I'll be happy with either choice.

I've been leaning towards a female POC but since Biden carries so much of the black vote already maybe a midwestern governor is a smarter electoral play.

I would go Whitmer over Klobuchar, there's something about Amy that's always been a little off putting to me. Like when the stories came out about her treating her staff like shit, I wasn't really surprised.

I've been leaning towards a female POC but since Biden carries so much of the black vote already maybe a midwestern governor is a smarter electoral play.

I would go Whitmer over Klobuchar, there's something about Amy that's always been a little off putting to me. Like when the stories came out about her treating her staff like shit, I wasn't really surprised.

Definitely. It's been pretty off-putting to watch Democrats stan for legitimately awful people this election season.

The other issue with Klobuchar is that her seat isn't necessarily going to be replaced with a Democrat, based on my understanding at least. I'm not a fan of Kamala Harris, but if he's going to go the Congressperson route, I'd much rather it be somebody in a safe seat like Harris, Pressley, or Warren.

Klobuchar is an awful person? Why, because of the reports about how she treated staff? There are a lot of pussies everywhere who can't take any criticism of their job performance. Heaven forbid we have a demanding boss as the chief executive of our country. If they don't want to work in a high-pressure environment, perhaps they should have used their connections to obtain an easier job elsewhere.

Definitely. It's been pretty off-putting to watch Democrats stan for legitimately awful people this election season.

The other issue with Klobuchar is that her seat isn't necessarily going to be replaced with a Democrat, based on my understanding at least. I'm not a fan of Kamala Harris, but if he's going to go the Congressperson route, I'd much rather it be somebody in a safe seat like Harris, Pressley, or Warren.

I really wanted Pressley to be the keynote speaker at the convention, but IMO the importance of a keynote speaker is greatly diminished in the absence of an in-person convention. I like Whitmer for the reasons previously stated, but haven't considered her as a presidential candidate in part because I don't know a ton about her.

Klobuchar is an awful person? Why, because of the reports about how she treated staff? There are a lot of pussies everywhere who can't take any criticism of their job performance. Heaven forbid we have a demanding boss as the chief executive of our country. If they don't want to work in a high-pressure environment, perhaps they should have used their connections to obtain an easier job elsewhere.

Yea there’s a difference between being a demanding boss and throwing staplers at your employees. There are lots of stories like that surrounding her from past and present staff. Evidently, it’s a pattern that’s been around for awhile.

And fuck off with that high pressure environment crap. Obama, for example, was supposedly a really great boss in a higher pressure environment than the fucking Klobuchar for president campaign.

Quit rallying around dicks, Dems! There are plenty of decent people who don’t physically threaten and/or sexually abuse their underlings out there!

This is sexist bro.

Klobuchar, Whitner or Harris would all be OK with me. It's important to have someone who can take over if Joe resigns or if the 25th is invoked.

Yea there’s a difference between being a demanding boss and throwing staplers at your employees. There are lots of stories like that surrounding her from past and present staff. Evidently, it’s a pattern that’s been around for awhile.

And fuck off with that high pressure environment crap. Obama, for example, was supposedly a really great boss in a higher pressure environment than the fucking Klobuchar for president campaign.

Quit rallying around dicks, Dems! There are plenty of decent people who don’t physically threaten and/or sexually abuse their underlings out there!

The report was she threw a binder, and it inadvertently hit someone. She has a temper, she's demanding, who cares. I want to win, and then have a qualified and effective leader in office. I could give a fuck how nice they are.

Klobuchar, Whitner or Harris would all be OK with me. It's important to have someone who can take over if Joe resigns or if the 25th is invoked.

If the 25th wasn't invoked during Trump or second term Reagan, then it isn't going to be invoked during one term of Biden. Hell, we might as well scrap the 25th amendment at this rate.

I can't reply - but @Catamount, no its not sexist.

I also think plenty of the male candidates sucked too. In fact:

Biden - Definitely soils himself but seems like a decent bloke
Sanders - Crotchety old fuck but he actually cares
Warren - Oversized ego befitting a Harvard prof but smart as a whip and has actual solutions
Bloomberg - Probably means well but is too rich, vein and out of touch to explain how he'd fix anything
Mayor Pete - Lifelong overachiever, so of course run for president the moment he's old enough
Kloubs - Sat in the front row in EVERY CLASS and had to answer every question. Great partner to have for a group project though.
Tulsi - Daddy issues for sure, but very nice to look at and she was in the military

Stop using male genitalia as an insult, IT'S SEXIST !

Definitely should be someone that could start a 2-term presidency in 2024.

Whoever gets picked would fit the bill after four years as VP as long as they do a good job.

Back