• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dem VP - who ya' got

I thought it would be helpful for a self identifying (economic) conservative to see that their ideology actually aligns more closely with liberalism. I dont think its helpful for normie Democrats to answer 50 questions and believe that their support for social security makes them a marxist.

Great. That seems like a shot at my post. I’ve considered myself a fiscal conservative and have previously come to the realization you mentioned. Sorry to offend you.

Great. That seems like a shot at my post. I’ve considered myself a fiscal conservative and have previously come to the realization you mentioned. Sorry to offend you.

I'm not offended, and I'm not necessarily taking a shot at you. Its a simplistic survey that measures sentiment more than actual ideology. In the era of Trump and BLM there is a lot of cultural cache in progressivism ( see social media influencers taking drive by photo ops at protests, Trump voters doing the social media "black out"). It hurts progressive causes for moderates to co-opt progressive language and obscure very real political delineations.

For instance, it has been a very real Democratic campaign strategy these past 5 years, when targeting younger voters, to downplay or trivialize the ideological differences between Bernie Sanders and his opponents as just personality differences, and then when targeting older voters, to highlight the ideological differences between Bernie and his opponents.

Last edited:
Took the second one. Had a tough time with several of the questions. My results: https://www.politiscales.net/en_US/...femi=33&t1=17&t0=50&b0=69&c0=40&c1=5&comp=100

Uz1Zpm8.jpg

Back