• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake ACC Network Takeover

Frontier refused to carry the ACCN so I just jumped to YouTubeTV. Got to watch a little more football.

I was excited because a bunch of Wake baseball games were supposed to be televised this Spring exclusively on ACCN. Thanks Covid-19!!!!

We switched to YoutubeTV last Fall for ACCN and loved it. Just switched to Spectrum a month ago because YTTV got rid of the Fox regional channels and we needed our Braves’ games. Now we are just paying more and have no Braves to watch.

That 08 Navy game was a train wreck (and the 09 game was a disaster). After winning in Tallahassee to get to 3-0 and I believe ranked roughly 15th we come home and shit the bed. I wanna say we were down 17-0 at halftime. I remember the second half kickoff where one of our guys absolutely laid the navy return man the eff out. I was like, ok, maybe we woke up and are about to roll these guys. Nahhhh.

But at least we got them back in the bowl game.

I'm sure they're showing the Military Bowl game rematch where we beat them in 2008. That game was the best of both worlds for me. Wake victory and one of my former HS teammates scored for Navy.

We switched to YoutubeTV last Fall for ACCN and loved it. Just switched to Spectrum a month ago because YTTV got rid of the Fox regional channels and we needed our Braves’ games. Now we are just paying more and have no Braves to watch.

YouTubeTV actually ended up keeping the Fox Sports channels.

No Natty game against OSU in soccer??

The one in Cary? I was there and recall (I think it was the OSU game) that their goalie was given a penalty for delay of game and Wake got a free goal kick and scored. I also think om the last play the Wake forward let the ball go out of bounds before dribbling in and scoring. It was a great game but seemed a bit like Wake got the good side of some questionable calls. I was OK with it because I was freezing my ass off.

Hate to tell you guys, but outside the ACC area, the ACC Network is tantamount to not being on TV. No cable carrier in my area carries the network. Thus I just laugh when i hear about games on the ACC Network. The ACC needs to figure out what the SEC did. Until then, it is a waste. Sorry, but just the truth.

The entire state of Virginia does not get it unless you have DIRECTV. Comcast does not offer it and probably won't. Yet, they offe the SEC Network and the Longhorn Network as well as the Big 10 Network. All the UVA and VT fans can't see their own teams play but they can watch TCU, Northwestern and anything to do with Texas.

The entire state of Virginia does not get it unless you have DIRECTV. Comcast does not offer it and probably won't. Yet, they offe the SEC Network and the Longhorn Network as well as the Big 10 Network. All the UVA and VT fans can't see their own teams play but they can watch TCU, Northwestern and anything to do with Texas.

Everywhere has access to things like YoutubeTV and Hulu Live. They both get it. If you want the ACCN it’s not hard to have it.

Verizon Fios in Northern Virginia has it.

No Natty game against OSU in soccer??

Probably limited to ACC or ESPN-owned content, guessing that would be NCAA-owned. Though could be wrong, not sure if some of that other soccer was from the NCAAs

Is it just me, or is anyone else underwhelmed by the ACC Network after year one? I know the League and ESPN hyped it as the next best thing to sliced bread, but their offerings are just there with nothing standing out.

The SEC network has a wonderful series about life in the South and the history behind some iconic restaurants, and Paul Finebaum's show has a following. ACC has nothing, and I was hearing rumblings that Packer and Durham's show was in trouble even before the Corona.

I've never seen the Longhorn Network, or the Pac 10 offering, but compared to Big 10 and SEC networks, the ACC Network certainly lags behind.

Is it just me, or is anyone else underwhelmed by the ACC Network after year one? I know the League and ESPN hyped it as the next best thing to sliced bread, but their offerings are just there with nothing standing out.

The SEC network has a wonderful series about life in the South and the history behind some iconic restaurants, and Paul Finebaum's show has a following. ACC has nothing, and I was hearing rumblings that Packer and Durham's show was in trouble even before the Corona.

I've never seen the Longhorn Network, or the Pac 10 offering, but compared to Big 10 and SEC networks, the ACC Network certainly lags behind.

The SEC has largely retained its (terrible) identity through conference expansion, while the ACC has definitely not. You could certainly produce programming around the history of the league, but a conference that includes Boston, Miami, and Indiana can't possibly claim to have an identity.

Good point. But are they even producing shows about the history of different areas of the ACC? I’d be interested in a well done series about Boston or South Bend.

It’s shameful that after a year there was no original program about every single member of the league.

The problem is that the ACCN is televising basketball games and football games that nobody wants to watch. The SEC has the benefit of televising Arkansas v Ole Miss on a Saturday night in September and the whole footprint will have it on in the background. The ACC had one meaningful football game last year, Clemson at UNC-CH.

Packer and Durham are too old for this format and Packer looks awful on my HDTV.

Look at this lineup. It's fucking atrocious. Still, I would guess that the two Clemson games were the highest rated.

Thursday, Aug. 29: Georgia Tech at Clemson (8 p.m. ET)
Friday, Aug. 30: Utah State at Wake Forest (8 p.m.)
Saturday, Aug. 31: East Carolina at N.C. State (12 p.m.)
Saturday, Aug. 31: Virginia Tech at Boston College (4 p.m.)
Saturday, Aug. 31: Virginia at Pitt (7:30 p.m.)
Friday, Sept. 6: William & Mary at Virginia (8 p.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 7: Ohio at Pitt (11 a.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 7: South Florida at Georgia Tech (2 p.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 7: Louisiana-Monroe at Florida State (5 p.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 7: Miami at North Carolina (8 p.m.)
Friday, Sept. 13: Kansas at Boston College (7:30 p.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 14: Furman at Virginia Tech (12 p.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 14: Bethune-Cookman at Miami (4 p.m.)
Saturday Sept. 14: Florida State at Virginia (7:30 p.m.)
Saturday Sept. 21: Western Michigan at Syracuse (12 p.m.)
Saturday Sept. 21: Central Michigan at Miami (4 p.m.)
Saturday Sept. 21: Charlotte at Clemson (7:30 p.m.)
Saturday, Nov. 9: Notre Dame at Duke (TBD)

My point being that the SECN is probably generating enough revenue to justify additional content that its viewers will gladly watch.

Having a super shitty conference basketball season didn't help, but obviously football is gonna be the driver for any such network.

Disney may have been more willing to pour resources into SECN when it launched than ACCN currently. It's just another thing emanating from Bristol, has much less of its own identity

The problem is that the ACCN is televising basketball games and football games that nobody wants to watch. The SEC has the benefit of televising Arkansas v Ole Miss on a Saturday night in September and the whole footprint will have it on in the background. The ACC had one meaningful football game last year, Clemson at UNC-CH.

Packer and Durham are too old for this format and Packer looks awful on my HDTV.

Look at this lineup. It's fucking atrocious. Still, I would guess that the two Clemson games were the highest rated.

Thursday, Aug. 29: Georgia Tech at Clemson (8 p.m. ET)
Friday, Aug. 30: Utah State at Wake Forest (8 p.m.)
Saturday, Aug. 31: East Carolina at N.C. State (12 p.m.)
Saturday, Aug. 31: Virginia Tech at Boston College (4 p.m.)
Saturday, Aug. 31: Virginia at Pitt (7:30 p.m.)
Friday, Sept. 6: William & Mary at Virginia (8 p.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 7: Ohio at Pitt (11 a.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 7: South Florida at Georgia Tech (2 p.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 7: Louisiana-Monroe at Florida State (5 p.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 7: Miami at North Carolina (8 p.m.)
Friday, Sept. 13: Kansas at Boston College (7:30 p.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 14: Furman at Virginia Tech (12 p.m.)
Saturday, Sept. 14: Bethune-Cookman at Miami (4 p.m.)
Saturday Sept. 14: Florida State at Virginia (7:30 p.m.)
Saturday Sept. 21: Western Michigan at Syracuse (12 p.m.)
Saturday Sept. 21: Central Michigan at Miami (4 p.m.)
Saturday Sept. 21: Charlotte at Clemson (7:30 p.m.)
Saturday, Nov. 9: Notre Dame at Duke (TBD)

My point being that the SECN is probably generating enough revenue to justify additional content that its viewers will gladly watch.

No arguing the point that SEC Fans are more rabid and are more likely to watch random crappy football games than ACC Fans, but the SEC Network game lineup is similarly horrendous. They aren't showing UGA/Auburn and Florida/LSU on the SEC Network. They are showing San Jose State at Arkansas, Towson at Florida, Toledo at KY and Northern Illinois at Vandy. When a conference game makes it on, they typically are snooze-fests between lower-tier teams like Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss State or Tennessee. If LSU or Bama plays on the SEC network it's a boat race blowout in Nashville or Oxford. Not super-compelling.

Last edited:
Back