• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake ACC Network Takeover

I had same disappointed take on Packer and Durham. Thought it was just me and my not following as closely since Wake sucks in basketball. I mean those two guys make ACC sports sound boring.

I expected more produced stories about each school, star players, backstories, histories, etc - something to help make a connection between the contest and the audience. Nope. Nothing.

I hoped they would do a better job promoting "non-revenue" and Olympic sports better. The games are on some as fillers, but no real effort to make a new fan. I think baseball has a great chance to transition into a revenue sport like football and basketball. I was looking forward to watching ACC baseball games this year.

No arguing the point that SEC Fans are more rabid and are more likely to watch random crappy football games than ACC Fans, but the SEC Network game lineup is similarly horrendous. They aren't showing UGA/Auburn and Florida/LSU on the SEC Network. They are showing San Jose State at Arkansas, Towson at Florida, Toledo at KY and Northern Illinois at Vandy. When a conference game makes it on, they typically are snooze-fests between lower-tier teams like Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Miss State or Tennessee. If LSU or Bama plays on the SEC network it's a boat race blowout in Nashville or Oxford. Not super-compelling.

I'm glad you agree with me.

It’s not much more than a full time Raycom Sports with better production values.

There’s all kinds of relative cheap content they could put out. An ACC tailgating show featuring the best tailgates of that week. Get university mass com departments to put out shows about campus life. Profile professors and staff.

Swofford was 5 years late to the tv party. It is still a NC/Clemson Conference. Folks in Florida, NY, Pa, and Mass don't care much about it. S Florida Comcast has no ACC, but does include the PAC 12 Network which is practically given away.

It’s not much more than a full time Raycom Sports with better production values.

There’s all kinds of relative cheap content they could put out. An ACC tailgating show featuring the best tailgates of that week. Get university mass com departments to put out shows about campus life. Profile professors and staff.

The Sociology Dept, right?

The Sociology Dept, right?

Anybody really. There’s a lot of great things going on in the academic side of any university.

Lol, nobody wants to watch that shit and it's definitely not what ESPN had in mind.

They need to do a morning show with that hot sideline reporter that was the Volleyball player at Louisville. That would be worth watching.

Lol, nobody wants to watch that shit and it's definitely not what ESPN had in mind.

Nobody wants to watch the shit ESPN had in mind. That's what we're talking about.

They need to do a morning show with that hot sideline reporter that was the Volleyball player at Louisville. That would be worth watching.

Katie George. She was also Miss KY in the Miss USA Pageant:

5c05d45e08000.image.jpg

Katie George.

She's on sports radio co-hosting "The Best Week Ever" on Sunday mornings.

Nobody wants to watch the shit ESPN had in mind. That's what we're talking about.

Yeah, because the ACC has been garbage in the revenue sports, outside of Clemson football, and the fanbases won't watch whatever slop they serve up.

Nobody's going to watch a deep dive on the Ga Tech nuclear engineering department of NC State's animal husbandry facilities. Nobody watches that shit when it's on PBS.

Yeah, because the ACC has been garbage in the revenue sports, outside of Clemson football, and the fanbases won't watch whatever slop they serve up.

Nobody's going to watch a deep dive on the Ga Tech nuclear engineering department of NC State's animal husbandry facilities. Nobody watches that shit when it's on PBS.

What are you talking about? Just insane commentary by someone clearly threatened by the thought that anything other the SEC is legit.

Is men's basketball no longer a revenue sport? UVA is the reigning National Champions. ACC teams (4 different ones) have won four of the last 7 Nattys. During that same stretch, zero SEC teams have even made an NCAA Final. No Big 10 or Pac 12 teams have won the Natty during that period. When the current season ended, the ACC had 4 teams in the top 16, and only the Big 12 had a team rated higher than the ACC's top team (FSU at #4) in a Power Conference. The ACC is and has been the dominant basketball conference for years.

"Outside of Clemson".... Why are we now excluding Clemson? Are they not in the ACC? Excluding Bama, the SEC has had one national champion in the last 9 years. Same as the ACC excluding Clemson.

Your rants against the ACC are simply pathetic. Go play with the inbreds on the Hairy Dawg board.

Last edited:
lol. Selective memory maybe?

UVA just won the natty last year in hoops. OOps, Pilch beat me to it.

Last edited:
UVa had the least sexy team in the history of the NCAA tournament. Is any real ACC fan actually interested in half the teams in this conference ?

BC, Louisville ? Please.

Another expose on the crimes of The U ? Put that crap on the flagship.

I rarely watch the ACC network. Too much blue. I'd appreciate a series on the athletic history of each school. Most schools have programs they are proud of but are unknown to most viewers. For instance WFU golf. Everyone thinks Arnie, but the Deacon dominance of ACC golf during the late 60's and early 70's and it's success nationally during that period could be of interest. It's not worth an entire show but combined with the other athletic high points would be better than talking heads.

I was expecting more ACC based 30 for 30's: Wolfpack 1983 Natty, I Hate Christian Laettner, etc.

You could make show out of ACC team highlights of each NCAA tournament.

But really the conference is too big. No single regional culture applies any more.

Back