• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake ACC Network Takeover

ACC teams (4 different ones) have won four of the last 7 Nattys. During that same stretch, zero SEC teams have even made an NCAA Final.

South Carolina made a Final Four.

I don't like it either, but South Carolina.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Just insane commentary by someone clearly threatened by the thought that anything other the SEC is legit.

Is men's basketball no longer a revenue sport? UVA is the reigning National Champions. ACC teams (4 different ones) have won four of the last 7 Nattys. During that same stretch, zero SEC teams have even made an NCAA Final. No Big 10 or Pac 12 teams have won the Natty during that period. When the current season ended, the ACC had 4 teams in the top 16, and only the Big 12 had a team rated higher than the ACC's top team (FSU at #4) in a Power Conference. The ACC is and has been the dominant basketball conference for years.

"Outside of Clemson".... Why are we now excluding Clemson? Are they not in the ACC? Excluding Bama, the SEC has had one national champion in the last 9 years. Same as the ACC excluding Clemson.

Your rants against the ACC are simply pathetic. Go play with the inbreds on the Hairy Dawg board.

Sorry to trigger you again but the SEC had 25 picks in the first two rounds of the NFL draft and the ACC had 6 (not including Jalen Hurts and 2 ND players). If you’re watching ACC football you’re simply watching worse players. Is the ACC network supposed to do a bunch of features on future 4th round draft picks ?

Currently watching the 2009 Duke bball game and I forgot how rocking the Joel got. There was also hardly any blue in the lower bowl. Let's hope that's on the way back soon.

Didn't take long for [NR] to kill it, so a good coach shouldn't take too long to get it back.

Currently watching the 2009 Duke bball game and I forgot how rocking the Joel got. There was also hardly any blue in the lower bowl. Let's hope that's on the way back soon.

I’m watching too. Great teams, great game and, my gosh, what an atmosphere. The place was hoppin.

DirecTV Guide shows it as this year's Wake/Duke game from 2/25/20, which though a good win was by no means a "classic". Glad to see that the description is wrong.

There's nothing wrong with the Joel.

If the next coach builds it, they will come.

Turns my stomach to watch Wake with four 10-year NBA players knock off the #1 team in the nation on the way to becoming the #1 team in the nation, knowing how this season (and the next 11 years) will play out.

Kyle Singler is a baller though.

It’s much more enjoyable to rewatch old Wake basketball games now that we have some renewed hope

WOW, I forgot we got the inbound for the winner because Teague drove at four dukies, was rejected, and the rebounder fell on top of him and got called for traveling.

Part of why this team was so exciting to watch is because Teague and Johnson and Aminu drive to the basket every single play and get rejected about half the time. Aminu and Johnson keep getting their own rebounds though.

Astounding laziness from JJ. Horrible shooting all around, lol

Watched the last 10 mins, what a game. Although the lack of perimeter shooting outside of a streaky Teague was such a glaring weakness

Yeah, that was a bad shooting team and Ish as PG was rough when he had to shoot. Same with LD.

Aminu was so good as a freshman though.

Not sure if I can sit through this ACC football title game, it was so bad.

I mean I loved it at the time, but woof.

I wish they’d shown the Ole Miss home game with Jevon Snead instead, that game was awesome.

Either that or the game where we beat Joe Hamilton to go to a bowl. A 10 year old Manifest Destiny got carried out of the stadium on the goalpost.

Maryland the week before would work too.

Eternal props to Reggie Ball

Back