• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake ACC Network Takeover

Great idea by the people that are running the ACCN. I’ve had a lot of fun watching Wake today. Got a little bit of the Belk Bowl, little bit of Randolph, and watched all of Duke and Wake.

Ready for sports to be back.

Not sure if I can sit through this ACC football title game, it was so bad.

I mean I loved it at the time, but woof.

I wish they’d shown the Ole Miss home game with Jevon Snead instead, that game was awesome.

Either that or the game where we beat Joe Hamilton to go to a bowl. A 10 year old Manifest Destiny got carried out of the stadium on the goalpost.

I was there. You can see the game a lot better on tv than you could from the stands. Rain, fog. Awful weather, but we won. Both my sons were at GT then so it was a good family rivalry win.

I was there as well in the rain. Yep it was ugly, but ACC Champs and Orange Bowl bound was worth it! :thumbsup:

This year's Clemson team vs. our 2006 ACC Champs. What's the score?

I'm thinking 23-6 Clemson. Our defense would have made them work.

Maryland the week before would work too.

Eternal props to Reggie Ball

I had forgotten how truly terrible he was at QB. If he were merely below average, they would have won.

How did GT get Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas to come play WR at an option school with terrible QB's?

I had forgotten how truly terrible he was at QB. If he were merely below average, they would have won.

How did GT get Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas to come play WR at an option school with terrible QB's?

I flew back to W-S through Atlanta after the game with a bunch of GT fans. One drunk guy kept screaming they would’ve won if Ball wasn’t the QB. Too bad dude...he was.

It was a blast to attend, but agreed, not so much fun to rewatch on tv!

They weren’t an option school when Gailey was there.

I wish Calvin Johnson got to play with a truly great QB in his career.

Turns my stomach to watch Wake with four 10-year NBA players knock off the #1 team in the nation on the way to becoming the #1 team in the nation, knowing how this season (and the next 11 years) will play out.

Kyle Singler is a baller though.

that out-of-bounds play to win it was Dino's finest coaching moment

It was a blast to attend, but agreed, not so much fun to rewatch on tv!

It was absolutely awesome to be there, stood the whole time, hung on every play and yes, it was not high quality football. However, with what was on the line, any outcome with us having more points on the scoreboard than Tech was a good one.

In a way, I'm happy that I didn't get to go the game as the celebration on the Quad is something I'll never forget.

In bounds and out of bounds plays were Pat Kelsey's responsibility's. I used to see him in the old Chesapeake Bagel place always working on a laptop doing inbounds and out of bounds plays.

It was absolutely awesome to be there, stood the whole time, hung on every play and yes, it was not high quality football. However, with what was on the line, any outcome with us having more points on the scoreboard than Tech was a good one.

That game was one where the game plan was made to suit the opponent and the circumstances of the game. A low scoring defensive slog favored Wake, and that is what Grobe and company made happen. Don't let the GaTech receivers make big catches. Take the 15 yard PI penalty to avoid big gainers, if Reggie gets lucky. Make GaTech go on long sustained drives to score.

Get a few points here and there on offense. Take advantage of Wake having a great kicker. Get close, take 3, repeat.

Zero style points. A Gazillion win points for the ACC championship.

Back