• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake ACC Network Takeover

In bounds and out of bounds plays were Pat Kelsey's responsibility's. I used to see him in the old Chesapeake Bagel place always working on a laptop doing inbounds and out of bounds plays.
You know more about this, obviously, but immediately after the game they interview Teague and he credits dino with the inbounds play. When they showed the time out I was literally asking myself who was drawing it up but the players were crowded around one person and I couldn't tell. Anybody dvr? (It's definitely possible Kelsey developed the play at the Bagel shop and Dino literally drew it on the white board).

Man, though, Henderson looks like an absolute fool in that play. His feet don't even move to follow JJ. And the broadcast had literally been hyping him up and showing his dad only seconds before, during the timeout.

Last edited:
That game was one where the game plan was made to suit the opponent and the circumstances of the game. A low scoring defensive slog favored Wake, and that is what Grobe and company made happen. Don't let the GaTech receivers make big catches. Take the 15 yard PI penalty to avoid big gainers, if Reggie gets lucky. Make GaTech go on long sustained drives to score.

Get a few points here and there on offense. Take advantage of Wake having a great kicker. Get close, take 3, repeat.

Zero style points. A Gazillion win points for the ACC championship.
The announcers were incredulous that we were playing man defense. They said something like "wake told us last week they were going to do it but we didn't believe them!"

Great coaching job. And Riley Swanson's pass interferences were a thing of beauty.

The announcers were incredulous that we were playing man defense. They said something like "wake told us last week they were going to do it but we didn't believe them!"

Great coaching job. And Riley Swanson's pass interferences were a thing of beauty.

Swanson had his ups and downs, but he played a very good game that day. That was a really good defense and Curry and Phonz were just cubs then too.

I remember there being some incredible hits from both sides in that game.

I heard we were laying so much smack down that game, that Joe Anoaʻi decided right there on the spot that he wanted no more of football and became Roman Reigns.

this hit

wide-receiver-james-johnson-of-the-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets-cannot-picture-id72703326

1997 FSU at Wake basketball on ACCN now. Packed Joel. Duncan and Loren Woods playing well together. Good times.

One of the games shown by the ACC Network on Wake's Day was a basketball game with Wake at VPI from around 2009-2010. Wake lost the damn game.
Why would the Network pick this game?
Absolutely makes no sense at all.

One of the games shown by the ACC Network on Wake's Day was a basketball game with Wake at VPI from around 2009-2010. Wake lost the damn game.
They didn't.That game was on the ACC Network recently but was not part of WF Day.

Plenty of us were. I saw several familiar faces in the crowd.

Was it the one with the phantom call against Chas late in the game?

They could fill a day's programming with the times Wake got jobbed by the refs.

The Scoreboard Game
Muggsy's charge/block
Three pointer ruled a two during halftime, when refs could not review monitor to make this change
Myriad PI calls at Clemson for fb, and apparently the FSU game above

Others?

edit to add:
Coach K sending bench goons to mug Chris Paul, and K demanding equal foul counts, getting CP in foul trouble
Stanford mugging Tim Duncan

Plenty of football @ Clemson material from 2002-11 that would work. Dwayne Allen was out of bounds in 2011, for starters

Back