• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

From the Goodman tweet:

The Wake Forest candidate pool will include Steve Forbes, Wes Miller, Pat Kelsey and Ryan Odom, source told
@Stadium

Yeah it’s so off that makes me even doubt the “source” telling Goodman that Manning is gone.

The source sounds like DR

From the Goodman tweet:

The Wake Forest candidate pool will include Steve Forbes, Wes Miller, Pat Kelsey and Ryan Odom, source told
@Stadium

That’s some lazy ass reporting from Goodman. No way Kelsey and Odom are on the list. Utterly and completely not qualified. Miller isn’t qualified either, but every list needs a fallback candidate and he makes sense. Forbes is legit would be a great hire.

My guess is Currie already has the new guy lined up.

I'm okay with Forbes getting a good look and with Miller being a Plan C

but no to Kelsey or Odom, please

the $15 million buyout probably severely limits the pool of options, though

You would think that the replacement would already be lined up and an agreement in principle in place, given the timing.

If we are that strapped I’d almost rather have an interim coach for the year. We’re already on pace to lose over 20 games regardless of the coach with Manning’s shit roster. Save some money instead of hiring a huge reach and locking us into the traditional Wake Forest 5 Years of Humiliating Unfireable Suck until our higher ups wake up and realize it was a bad hire.

search

If we are that strapped I’d almost rather have an interim coach for the year. We’re already on pace to lose over 20 games regardless of the coach with Manning’s shit roster. Save some money instead of hiring a huge reach and locking us into the traditional Wake Forest 5 Years of Humiliating Unfireable Suck until our higher ups wake up and realize it was a bad hire.

I guess someone like Wes who believes in themselves enough to take on a crappy roster with a short leash could fill that role

If Wes gets the job then daddy definitely paid the buyout.

I’m down for some Forbes. He was my #1 and still is.

Also, fuck you, RJ: tier one Skype source, my ass.

Will hire A.W. Hamilton.

/sarcasm

I think it's going to be Steve Forbes, ultimately.

I'm okay with Forbes getting a good look and with Miller being a Plan C

but no to Kelsey or Odom, please

the $15 million buyout probably severely limits the pool of options, though

This is where I am as well. Would be thrilled with Forbes. Miller is an OK option if we strike out on a few higher profile candidates. All of my excitement about finally getting rid of Manning will be gone if we end up with Kelsey or Odom.

Back