• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No buyout. Fired for cause

Manning left Wake after 6 years with a 78-111 record, 2 graduates, and an extra 7.5 million dollars.

This could be the perfect description for an episode in a 30 for 30 ten part series titled the Lost Decade.

No, but Goodman is too entrenched in the story to backtrack at this point.

Ha. Goodman nailed the hire as well, if not better than our local sources. What happened to your "sources" over the last few days? Where was all of your Skype chat info? Take the loss and move on RJ. We'll know Goodman was absolutely right in a few years when the 990 is released.

Was it ever 15 million?

Besides RJ's supposed Tier 1 Skype chat source, there's zero reason to believe that Manning's extension wasn't 6 years at $3M per, and fully guaranteed. Which puts us at $15M now that he completed one year of the extension. Between Goodman, BabyDeac and KVegas, it sounds like we have or are trying to negotiate that down to $7.5M based on a "for cause" firing that forces Manning to either negotiate or risk losing it all by suing us and losing.

Of note, RJ is one who has literally published a book full of lies about his life and, to this day, claims that we would have hired Shaka but the sticking point was that Wake wouldn't setup a tenured professorship for his wife (who is not and has never been a professor or academic).

Besides RJ's supposed Tier 1 Skype chat source, there's zero reason to believe that Manning's extension wasn't 6 years at $3M per, and fully guaranteed. Which puts us at $15M now that he completed one year of the extension. Between Goodman, BabyDeac and KVegas, it sounds like we have or are trying to negotiate that down to $7.5M based on a "for cause" firing that forces Manning to either negotiate or risk losing it all by suing us and losing.

Of note, RJ is one who has literally published a book full of lies about his life and, to this day, claims that we would have hired Shaka but the sticking point was that Wake wouldn't setup a tenured professorship for his wife (who is not and has never been a professor or academic).

Is it common for coaching contracts to be fully guaranteed? I didn't think it was

Is it common for coaching contracts to be fully guaranteed? I didn't think it was

Not unless you're Wellman trying to prove you were right. The more I hear, the more I think this contract is what got Wellman shown the door on terms that weren't necessarily his.

Not unless you're Wellman trying to prove you were right. The more I hear, the more I think this contract is what got Wellman shown the door on terms that weren't necessarily his.

You didn't think that before? LOL

Back