• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

Meh. Cal does what is best for Cal. There are 5-star guys he relegates to the bench. Sarr could go there, start the first 10 games, and then boom, he's only playing 8 minutes a night. It has happened before. Going to Kentucky guarantees nothing.

Cal does what is best for his players. Not himself. Ask them. The only player he's had in ten years that has had a beef with him is Wenyen Gabriel, who had an overinflated sense of himself while he was at UK but has conceded he benefited from what Cal put him through. But he is a players coach and is brutally honest with them. But he fights for his guys for their entire careers.

Cal also says all the time that Kentucky isn't for everyone. I don't think it's for Sarr. I really hope he stays and plays for Forbes.

Cal does what is best for his players. Not himself. Ask them. The only player he's had in ten years that has had a beef with him is Wenyen Gabriel, who had an overinflated sense of himself while he was at UK but has conceded he benefited from what Cal put him through. But he is a players coach and is brutally honest with them. But he fights for his guys for their entire careers.

Cal also says all the time that Kentucky isn't for everyone. I don't think it's for Sarr. I really hope he stays and plays for Forbes.

Not a Kentucky/Cal fan, but I agree with this. Unlike K, who uses kids to prop him/his system up, Cal does put his kids in position to succeed and showcase their talent.

Not a Kentucky/Cal fan, but I agree with this. Unlike K, who uses kids to prop him/his system up, Cal does put his kids in position to succeed and showcase their talent.

I could write a page long response to you both proving you wrong, but in the Forbes era I don't care enough to do that. Believe what you want to believe, but you're both wrong.

As much as I want him to stay at Wake, if I'm Olivier Sarr heading into my senior year of college and I have the chance to go be a starter on a team (Kentucky or otherwise) that is a virtual lock to be in the NCAA Tournament and likely to be a top 10 team & national title contender vs. stay and be the "star" in the first year of a rebuild with a brand new coach where the very best case scenario is a bubble team, I would have a hard time not leaving. Let's hope Sarr decides he'd rather be the star that helps right the ship at Wake, but that's not the choice most would make...

Last edited:
Often, the very choices that define us are choices most would not make. And often, they turn out to be the best choices, too.

Last edited:
How does the academic side work for a kid who transfers for senior year? Would he essentially trade in a Wake degree for a Kentucky one? If he “graduates” from Ky, does he still have opportunity down the road to secure a Wake degree?

As much as I want him to stay at Wake, if I'm Olivier Sarr heading into my senior year of college and I have the chance to go be a starter on a team (Kentucky or otherwise) that is a virtual lock to win the NCAA Tournament and likely to be a top 10 team & national title contender vs. stay and be the "star" in the first year of a rebuild with a brand new coach where the very best case scenario is a bubble team, I would have a hard time not leaving. Let's hope Sarr decides he'd rather be the star that helps right the ship at Wake, but that's not the choice most would make...

The fuck you talking about? Virtual lock? Not even close.

Kentucky returns 0 starters from last years team as of right now. They are a borderline top 25 team, nowhere near a national title contender.

The fuck you talking about? Virtual lock? Not even close.

He probably meant lock for the tournament.

I hope Sarr decides to come back. If we can keep all the guys currently in the portal, we have a decent chance to get back to the tourney this year. As bad as our offensive game plan seemed to be, our offensive efficiency (61 per kenpom) wasn't awful. The problem was defense (166) which is where Forbes can come in and make a huge difference immediately.

Kentucky returns 0 starters from last years team as of right now. They are a borderline top 25 team, nowhere near a national title contender.

I can't stand Kentucky, but the early predictions for next year have them highly ranked:

ESPN: Kentucky 5th https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...llege-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-2020-21

Sports Illustrated: Kentucky 6th https://www.si.com/college/2020/04/07/ncaa-basketball-rankings-early-top-25-villanova

CBS Sports: Kentucky 2nd https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ucky-is-no-2-in-never-too-early-top-25-and-1/

I'd say that's a national title contender and that's without adding Sarr

How does the academic side work for a kid who transfers for senior year? Would he essentially trade in a Wake degree for a Kentucky one? If he “graduates” from Ky, does he still have opportunity down the road to secure a Wake degree?

LOL, KY will most definitely transfer every credit Sarr has earned at Wake and probably some he earned in preschool. The academic side won’t be an issue at all.

By being able to state his name in languages, he automatically qualifies for summa cum laude at KY.

In addition to much improved defense I'm confident Forbes will also have the effort far more consistent.

From the Wake Forest Bulletin:

All students must complete:

1. the core requirements (unless accepted for the Open Curriculum),
  2. a course of study approved by the department or departments of the major, and
  3. elective courses, for a total of 120 hours.
In general, no more than 12 hours toward graduation may be earned from among all of the following courses: MUS 111-MUS 121 and MUS 128-MUS 129 (ensemble courses); DCE 128; and elective 100-level courses in health and exercise science. However, majors in music in liberal arts and music performance may count up to 16 hours in these courses toward graduation. A cross-listed course may be taken one time for hours toward graduation, unless otherwise specified by the course description, and no more than three hours in LIB courses may count toward graduation.

All students must earn a minimum cumulative 2.0 grade point average in Wake Forest College and the School of Business. Once enrolled at Wake Forest, a student may subsequently count, at most, 30 hours of credit from sources other than Wake Forest programs toward the graduation requirement of 120 hours. Students who transfer into Wake Forest must subsequently earn at least 60 hours in Wake Forest programs. Except for combined degree curricula, the work of the senior year must consist of courses in Wake Forest programs. Any exceptions must be approved by the Committee on Academic Affairs. No more than 15 credit hours earned through fully online courses may be applied towards graduation; of these no more than 6 credit hours may be transferred from another institution.

Transfer credits will not be used in calculating a student’s GPA. This includes affiliate study abroad programs (approved non-Wake Forest programs). However, work from other institutions accepted in transfer, along with the grade(s) earned, will be recorded on the transcript. Graduation distinctions will be based solely on the Wake Forest GPA.

Sarr has attended Wake for 3+ academic years, counting summer schools. I bolded the parts relevant to Sarr getting a degree from Wake. He should have enough credits to need 30 or less from elsewhere. The part that would keep him from getting a Wake degree is the senior year courses in Wake Forest programs.

Remember, he didn't arrive in time to do much summer school before his frosh year due to FIBA U19.

You know, I think Sarr is going to be quite ok whether his degree says Kentucky or Wake.

Did they just add that 30 hours recently about hours bringing in? I don’t recall that being the case when transferring AP credits like 12 years ago.

Back