• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

Did they just add that 30 hours recently about hours bringing in? I don’t recall that being the case when transferring AP credits like 12 years ago.

AP credits aren't transfer credits. Wake evaluates the AP exam results and gives you credit or not.

Transfer credits are those earned at another college or university.

AP credits aren't transfer credits. Wake evaluates the AP exam results and gives you credit or not.

Transfer credits are those earned at another college or university.

Ah okay I wasn’t sure if they treated all incoming credits as “transfer”

I can't stand Kentucky, but the early predictions for next year have them highly ranked:

ESPN: Kentucky 5th https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...llege-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-2020-21

Sports Illustrated: Kentucky 6th https://www.si.com/college/2020/04/07/ncaa-basketball-rankings-early-top-25-villanova

CBS Sports: Kentucky 2nd https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ucky-is-no-2-in-never-too-early-top-25-and-1/

I'd say that's a national title contender and that's without adding Sarr

Or maybe the national media has a vested interest in pumping up the same 10 schools every year.

UK is loaded going into next year. They do have a vested interest in promoting blue bloods, but they've got a ton of talent.

UK is loaded going into next year. They do have a vested interest in promoting blue bloods, but they've got a ton of talent.

They have 2 players coming back, everyone else is either a transfer or freshman. Of the 2 guys coming back, 1 of them never played in a game and the other averaged 4.5ppg. Yes they are bringing in some talented freshman, but not enough to call them top-5 preseason.

It is becoming increasingly unlikely that the one time transfer waiver will be approved for next year. If true, do you really think Sarr would give up his Wake scholarship, transfer, then have to apply for a waiver and throw himself at the mercy of the NCAA? He may wait until May 20 to see if the NCAA Division 1 council even votes on this issue. They may punt it to January in light of their Board of Directors recently opposing the change. If it isn’t approved for next year it makes no sense for him, or Chaundee, to transfer.

They have 2 players coming back, everyone else is either a transfer or freshman. Of the 2 guys coming back, 1 of them never played in a game and the other averaged 4.5ppg. Yes they are bringing in some talented freshman, but not enough to call them top-5 preseason.
A lot of those rankings were made before all of Kentucky's players entered the draft - they lost 2 more than initially expected. The few rankings that have come out since then have had Kentucky lower.

as it regards to Netflixnchildress and Bluegrass's argument about Cal, they are both right. Cal's development program and the Kentucky environment prepares players for the NBA better than any other school besides maybe Duke, Kansas, UNC. On the other hand, Cal is just like any other coach, and he plays kids in the position he needs them, rather than the position *they* believe will best showcase their skills. That's why a few 6'9 kids like Wenyen Gabriel have transferred and complained about having to play in the post, and not show their skills on the perimeter.

Last edited:
If true, do you really think Sarr would give up his Wake scholarship, transfer, then have to apply for a waiver and throw himself at the mercy of the NCAA? He may wait until May 20 to see if the NCAA Division 1 council even votes on this issue. They may punt it to January in light of their Board of Directors recently opposing the change. If it isn’t approved for next year it makes no sense for him, or Chaundee, to transfer.

Sarr is on record saying he will go to Europe if he can't transfer without sitting out. This doesn't really seem to change anything for Sarr and the work Forbes has to do to change his mind.

Chaundee is a much more interesting situation, but if he really doesn't want to be at Wake, he may not be the best teammate to have around anyway. Up to Forbes to figure that out if Chaundee asks for his spot back.

For it to be "development" rather than a forced weigh station between HS and the NBA, he'd have to improve their play. The reality is Cal's top picks were top picks before they arrived. He's cheated at both of his previously successful programs. It's unlikely he's not cheating at a place that has over half a century of accepting cheating. From Dan Issel getting a champion trotter to $100 handshakes to managers taking the same courses as players and bringing tests home for the players to sending Sean Higgins a FedEX package filled with cash to Sean Sutton taking Eric Manuel's ACT and even having legendary bag man Worldwide Wes on campus.

It looks like Cal has simply hidden his cheating better than in the past.

I think there is a much better chance that Sarr comes back than Brown.

Everything I have heard is that Brown has pretty much shut the door on a return. Sarr is very much up in the air.

How does the academic side work for a kid who transfers for senior year? Would he essentially trade in a Wake degree for a Kentucky one? If he “graduates” from Ky, does he still have opportunity down the road to secure a Wake degree?

I believe at Wake in order to get a Wake degree 1/2 the required credits to graduate must be earned at Wake. I would assume most universities have this policy. This would mean if Sarr is on track to graduate from Wake in four years. If he transfers, he will need to attend another university for two years to get a degree.... For this reason, it might make more sense for Sarr to return to Wake...

Kentucky is a one and done school. For that matter so is Duke. Both programs are set up for this. Sarr should be able to adjust easily to either Duke or Kentucky. He will be a senior while the other one and done players will be Freshman if they are not in the G League.

It is becoming increasingly unlikely that the one time transfer waiver will be approved for next year. If true, do you really think Sarr would give up his Wake scholarship, transfer, then have to apply for a waiver and throw himself at the mercy of the NCAA? He may wait until May 20 to see if the NCAA Division 1 council even votes on this issue. They may punt it to January in light of their Board of Directors recently opposing the change. If it isn’t approved for next year it makes no sense for him, or Chaundee, to transfer.

Not that I don’t believe you, but link?

as it regards to Netflixnchildress and Bluegrass's argument about Cal, they are both right. Cal's development program and the Kentucky environment prepare players for the NBA better than any other school besides maybe Duke, Kansas, UNC. On the other hand, Cal is just like any other coach, and he plays kids in the position he needs them, rather than the position *they* believe will best showcase their skills. That's why a few 6'9 kids like Wenyen Gabriel have transferred and complained about having to play in the post, and not show their skills on the perimeter.

No one is better at preparing guys for the next level than Cal. The last ten years proves that.

Cal gets a bunch of five stars and makes them, through coaching, accept their roles. There's only on ball. But when the players go to individual workouts and the GMs are surprised to see some of the guys showcase some skills that you didn't really see when they were at UK, Cal sells these kids to the GMs as being selfless and accepting their role for the greater good of the team. Also guys improve a lot individually even in their short time at UK. The ones that stay more than year really improve. Look at Nick Richards, he could barely walk and chew gum two years ago.

And rj, you're right, except it was Chris Mills that the FEDEX package was intended for. But UK did recruit Higgins too and I'm sure sent him a few cash packages, too.

Also, Wenyen Gabriel didn't transfer, he went pro after two years (and he improved greatly his sophomore year).

My bad about Mills rather than Higgins. Didn't they play together at Faifax High? That would have been one hell of pair of HS forwards.

No one is better at preparing guys for the next level than Cal. The last ten years proves that.

Cal gets a bunch of five stars and makes them, through coaching, accept their roles. There's only on ball. But when the players go to individual workouts and the GMs are surprised to see some of the guys showcase some skills that you didn't really see when they were at UK, Cal sells these kids to the GMs as being selfless and accepting their role for the greater good of the team. Also guys improve a lot individually even in their short time at UK. The ones that stay more than year really improve. Look at Nick Richards, he could barely walk and chew gum two years ago.

And rj, you're right, except it was Chris Mills that the FEDEX package was intended for. But UK did recruit Higgins too and I'm sure sent him a few cash packages, too.

Also, Wenyen Gabriel didn't transfer, he went pro after two years (and he improved greatly his sophomore year).

So ignore how many top-100 players transferred out from Kentucky or never made the NBA?

Back