• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

Yeah, they really kick the shit out of Wake's pharmacy program. Good point.

Matt Jones and crew are ripping Wake to start the show, opened up by talking about how bad UK beat Wake and Tim Duncan in 1993. Tim wasn't playing for WF then. Also, talking about how they hope "Oliver" Sarr comes to UK. Really knowledgable.

Matt Jones and crew are ripping Wake to start the show, opened up by talking about how bad UK beat Wake and Tim Duncan in 1993. Tim wasn't playing for WF then. Also, talking about how they hope "Oliver" Sarr comes to UK. Really knowledgable.

Rogers, 1993.

Duncan, 1996.

Somebody should tell those guys that Calipari's daughter went to Wake to get her PhD in neuropharmacology.

Sarr wasn't alive then. What's your point?

You should be able to tell that I was responding to the post I quoted. Now, your question would make sense if it were posed to Matt Jones.

I guess the bright side is when was the last time we were in a pissing contest with UK?

Forbes' fun with KY is on the landing page of ESPN.

WTG!!!

Oh noooo I wish everyone would just stop talking about Wake basketball again

Sounds like Dr. Calipari wants everyone to get a participation trophy. Some universities are better than others. Deal with it.

Man, I love the state of Kentucky -- thoroughbred horse country is as pretty as anything you'll find in the eastern half of the US -- and the people I've met there, but if these homers are delusional enough to think their student athletes, namely football and BB, work as hard as the student-athletes at Wake Forest, then they are bigger fools than even we could have surmised. Plus, Forbes was obviously referring to just that, the degree to which Sarr has labored for his degree compared to the avg BB player at UK who probably...wait, oh yeah, the avg BB player leaves after one year and who cares what course-work they were tackling as it was surely a watered-down basic requirements work-load?!

But the point stands, the fact that they are spending so much time worried about what Coach Forbes said as part of a tongue-in-cheek shot at UK in a pretty light-hearted interview speaks to how thin-skinned they are when it comes to defending their storied institution. Truth always hurts. But geez, he wasn't talking about the average student nor the quality of their degrees, more so the degree to which UK BB players have to work academically vs Sarr at Wake.

That's why this is so funny, cuz they can't even differentiate criticism of Calipari's program vs criticism of their institution in general.

Ha, I mean, if Wake fans were making clear that was the distinction that would be one thing as well, but this board can't seem to help itself when there's an opportunity to shit on a state school.

But I agree that Forbes wasn't making it a broad swipe at UK.

I love this drama. [Redacted], Manning, Wellman, and the rest of the culture warrior crowd would have never picked this fight. Forbes ain't scared.

Back