• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

I don’t care. I will be back in my season tickets for the first time in 8 years. And I will know the names of the players etc.

The ESPN article mentioned that Duke was also in on Sarr.

Do not understand how Sarr is eligible to play for KY next season, unless he is graduating.

He's going to ask for a waiver.

Not sure how he makes this decision without reasonable assurance he's getting a waiver.

The ESPN article mentioned that Duke was also in on Sarr.

Do not understand how Sarr is eligible to play for KY next season, unless he is graduating.

Yeah, it would be a lot worse if he transferred to duke. I don't really blame Sarr, and I really hope Neath comes back. But we're going to suck next season anyway.

He knows if he can't get a waiver he'll just go pro and hook up with a team in Europe.

Gone.
0ce93b5fe4c18b834b89780c000c0b51.jpg

The good news is that now we can make a HUGE push for Romello White... We'll have the playing time AND it's relatively close to home (in Atlanta).

The longer Sarr drew this out, the tougher it'd be to bring in someone else.

I hope Neath returns. I don't blame Sarr for wanting to leave for his senior year, experience a run in the NCAA Tournament etc. But Neath has 3 more years left and I'd buy stock in this Wake team with Forbes at the helm. It would be awesome to be part of the group who brought the Deacs back to prominence. I think really highly of the guys who were part of our NCAA runs in the early 2000's.

We finally get a good coach and our best player leaves. Je suis triste.

What schools are trying to get in on Neath?

College hoops has turned into NBA free agency.

Wait until they start paying them for their likeness for video games and such. I think you are going to start seeing a bunch of self absorbed kids trying to make a name for themselves for something other than what they can do on the basketball/football court/field.

I imagine UK will be very cut throat with all of those one and done 5 stars. He (Sarr) was going to be the focus of the team at Wake.

BluegrassDeac, I know how you feel man.

Definitely strange. I really wanted Sarr to stay.

Sarr is in for a big culture shock. Not only how much attention you get from fans but how hard Cal pushes his players. Manning clearly did not do that. Cal has not patience for guys that only show up for practice and workouts. He expects his players to work on their games on their own outside of practice.

I do think Kenny Payne will be able to develop him and have him NBA ready.

Of course that is if 1) Sarr gets his wavier and doesn't leave for France and 2) there is a college basketball season next year

Back