• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

I imagine UK will be very cut throat with all of those one and done 5 stars. He (Sarr) was going to be the focus of the team at Wake.

Sarr will be the only center on the team, and maybe the only player above 6'9

good luck to Sarr- I don't blame him a bit as his 3 years at Wake were all miserable. Forbes is going to change that and hopefully this revolving door shit that Manning started will slam shut. It's going to sting if Neath goes too as he would a big part of turnaround.

Collins was picked at #19; if he had played for UK he would have been picked #?

If the waiver is granted, Sarr will be a big part of KY's team next year. Except for Vernon Carey, Sarr was the best big in the ACC last year. He is 7 feet, athletic and has good offensive skills. He is exactly what Kentucky needed.

Glad it's done, Sarr made a solid choice assuming he gets a waiver and a starting spot all year. It'll certainly make watching Kentucky more interesting. I don't know how you hold it against a rising senior when their coach gets fired. Manning built an awful program and they suffered for 3 years in it. Selfishly I'd love to see everyone stay and watch Forbes work some magic, but highly doubtful that's in their best interest.

I'd bet Forbes turns Wake into a great program again, but I really don't care what he does in year 1. The fallout isn't on him. And frankly, giving Ody a ton more minutes probably makes us better in years 2-3. Tony Bennett won 5 conference games his first year. Nothing about Wake will magically make a program rebuild instantaneous.

This transfer rule would be really bad for college basketball. Imagine a landscape when any player that becomes a really good player at a non-blue blood school then immediately transfers out to play for a blue blood.

Hopefully his waiver doesn’t get approved. No sympathy for him.

Sour grapes. If he pulled this while Manning was coach I would agree. He agreed to play for Manning and regardless of how we feel about DM that is how Sarr decided to play for. Wake fires Manning and Sarr should be allowed to go without prejudice.
IMO

Sucks, but no problem with it just like Newman. They will get a very different college experience their senior year, and for some kids that's not a bad thing. They fulfilled their commitment to Wake.

I'm even more cool with it since there has been a coaching change. Any kid in that position should have the right to leave.

fuck Sarr...don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

he is nothing to me and most other Wake fans now.

fuck Sarr...don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

he is nothing to me and most other Wake fans now.

This. Shocked at all of the simps in here defending his move.

If the ncaa approves Sarr's waiver then they will have to approve Wilkins's also. If not, I can't imagine Forbes being quiet about it

Glad it's done, Sarr made a solid choice assuming he gets a waiver and a starting spot all year. It'll certainly make watching Kentucky more interesting. I don't know how you hold it against a rising senior when their coach gets fired. Manning built an awful program and they suffered for 3 years in it. Selfishly I'd love to see everyone stay and watch Forbes work some magic, but highly doubtful that's in their best interest.

I'd bet Forbes turns Wake into a great program again, but I really don't care what he does in year 1. The fallout isn't on him. And frankly, giving Ody a ton more minutes probably makes us better in years 2-3. Tony Bennett won 5 conference games his first year. Nothing about Wake will magically make a program rebuild instantaneous.

good post

If the waiver is approved for Sarr shouldn't Neath also seek immediate eligibility?

I don't really understand the "I will always be a Deac and hope the fans see me that way as well" stuff these kids always say when they transfer.

You can't always be a Deac if you decide to transfer. No problem with his move (if he actually ends up getting a waiver) but he's most definitely not a Demon Deacon.

May be in the minority with that take, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Back