• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

This sucks but better now than waiting a few weeks to announces he's leaving. Gives Forbes more time to try to pull in a transfer big.

Nothing about Wake will magically make a program rebuild instantaneous.

Hit the nail on the head. Can't blame Sarr, either, as the move will better prepare him for the NBA. Ody and Tariq will get more minutes, which hopefully pays dividends as the season progresses. Sucks to lose Sarr, but we can still feel confident that the program is moving in the right direction.

WF's leading returning scorer is Isiah Mucius 7.3 ppg.

If Neath does not return, the 2021 Deacs will feature only 3 scholarship players that logged minutes this past season:

Mucius 22.8 minutes per game 7.3 ppg
Massoud 12.2 minutes per game 4.8 ppg
Ody Oguama 15 minutes per game 2.9 ppg

WF averaged 73.3 points per game, and will return 15 ppg.

If Neath comes back, he averaged 5.3 ppg.

Collins was picked at #19; if he had played for UK he would have been picked #?

I compare The Sarr decision somewhat to Giles. Whether it’s true or not, Calipari and Coach K both have a rep of getting players to the NBA—in terms of the draft. After another injury and a very marginal freshman year I don’t think Giles would have been drafted as high If he had gone to Wake. The Duke connection probably helped.

I don't really understand the "I will always be a Deac and hope the fans see me that way as well" stuff these kids always say when they transfer.

You can't always be a Deac if you decide to transfer. No problem with his move (if he actually ends up getting a waiver) but he's most definitely not a Demon Deacon.

May be in the minority with that take, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Agree.

If he earns it, his degree will say University of Kentucky.

Not. A. Deac.

Hearing Neath is probably gone. USC or BYU.

Can't seem him at BYU, but that's just me.

People want to talk about LOWF and how much better the SEC is. But obviously Georgia's football team can't win without WFs quarterback and UKs basketball team can't win without WFs center. Interesting

Maybe in the age of Coronavirus...

I posted this before and some whined.
It was a foregone conclusion then, now those that complained can see it again.
Sorry Saar, but...
giphy.gif

Does anyone have any of the quotes saved from when Sarr originally committed to wake? I seem to remember him stating Academics as a major reason for choosing Wake...and I also feel like he chose Wake over KY to begin with....I have a feeling Cal had a large sum of money with Sarr's name on it

Can’t see the justification for the NCAA granting a waiver since there is no “hardship” here. As has been reported, coaching changes have not been grounds for waivers previously. If anything, I’d say it is less likely that they do so this year given the lack of coaching changes.

This all assumes that the football waiver standard for big name programs doesn’t apply (Oklahoma and Ohio State have quarterback vacancies, so Hurts and Fields become immediately eligible).

Better than 50/50 chance the next uniform Sarr wears in a game has a Euro pro team’s name across the front rather than Kentucky’s.

Oh well. Don't blame him. Still, fuck him anyway. And fuck UK. And fuck duke, too.

Back