• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

This is, of course, primarily Manning’s fault just like the rest of our shambles of a program right now. Bummed for Forbes because having some talent in year 1 would make the rebuild that much easier. It’s a new day though. No looking back.

This. Shocked at all of the simps in here defending his move.
Totally.
Saar says, "Coach Manning and staff were family."

Dude. You and your "family" sucked ass.

God, Manning had that team built on toxicity.

d885fa9eea74119b741ca289392c33cb.jpg

Can’t make this shit up

Skimmed this the first time and didn’t realize he actually said “intuition” instead of “institutions” lolol great find

I don't think we're Oliver Sarr finishes his degree matters that much for his career trajectory. Unless he wants to be corporate hack, which probably isn't his career path.

Does anyone have any of the quotes saved from when Sarr originally committed to wake? I seem to remember him stating Academics as a major reason for choosing Wake...and I also feel like he chose Wake over KY to begin with....I have a feeling Cal had a large sum of money with Sarr's name on it

He chose Wake over Cal (Berkeley). Not playing for Cal at KY.

Doubt he ever plays for UK, unless he changes his mind and sits out a year (which won't happen). The only reasons to leave are (i) he's done with Wake and wants to be elsewhere, (ii) he loved the mannequin and is pissed he got fired, (iii) he's done with college and wants to move on to making money with his game. I don't think it is (i) or (ii) and transferring to UK covers (iii) both ways - waiver or not. JK, sort of, but playing at UK for a year with good players around him with him as the only big man may help him out, I don't know. I think Wake could have been a story next year, had he come back - he would definitely be the focus and the 1st year with a new coach would garner a lot of attention - if we showed the least bit of improvement or success... Oh well.

He chose Wake over Cal (Berkeley). Not playing for Cal at KY.

I remember there being quite a few after him because of his late decision...definitely more than just 1 school...but I could be off. I refused to fully care the last 10 years about wake bball

How much of this is on Currie for taking 2 months to fire Doofus and hire Forbes?

Would these guys have still bolted as soon as Manning was fired?

Cal’s daughter went to Wake.

What if Jamie Newman wins the Heisman and Sarr wins the Naismith 😎

How much of this is on Currie for taking 2 months to fire Doofus and hire Forbes?

Would these guys have still bolted as soon as Manning was fired?
Personally, I think so.
Pretty obvious the speculation that Manning had developed a toxic "us against the world" team mentality was accurate.

Cal’s daughter went to Wake.

What if Jamie Newman wins the Heisman and Sarr wins the Naismith
Who gives a shit? Neither Newman or Saar are Demon Deacons.

It just means Georgia finally had a quarterback worth a shit and Kentucky finally graduated a senior.

Personally, I think so.
Pretty obvious the speculation that Manning had developed a toxic "us against the world" team mentality was accurate.

i agree with this...

the players see Manning and his staff every day and become family, despite his 78-111 record in 6 years. there is a reason the fan base (if we can call that at the end of Manning's career at Wake) turned on the coaches.

it is really nobodies fault, both are warranted viewpoints.

just more Manning attrition that we have gotten used to.

Who gives a shit? Neither Newman or Saar are Demon Deacons.

It just means Georgia finally had a quarterback worth a shit and Kentucky finally graduated a senior.

Sarr will still be a one and done at Kentucky. Perfect fit.

Back