• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

NCAA board of directors recommends against free transfer year (of course). From what I’ve heard Sarr isn’t going to graduate so sounds like it’s Wake then!

That may cool the jets on many guys in the portal. If they are looking for immediate minutes, sitting for a year may not work for them.

NCAA board of directors recommends against free transfer year (of course). From what I’ve heard Sarr isn’t going to graduate so sounds like it’s Wake then!

Does the rank and file get to vote on this or only the BOD?

If the rank and file does, it will pass.

It bears repeating that this team has talent IF we somehow get Sarr and Brown back. Not a tournament team in all likelihood but potential to be a decent team under a good coach.

It bears repeating that this team has talent IF we somehow get Sarr and Brown back. Not a tournament team in all likelihood but potential to be a decent team under a good coach.

With a good coach, Brown and Neath returning, we could be a bubble team. Forbes love tough guys like Brown and Neath.

Also couldn’t hurt at all to accelerate the rebuild by fielding a halfway decent team next year vs a complete dumpster fire.

Does the rank and file get to vote on this or only the BOD?

If the rank and file does, it will pass.

Rank and file gets a vote. P6 coaches have expected (and acted) as if they believe it will pass.

Neither Chaundee nor Olivier are on pace to graduate so this is interesting.

Let's hope they don't vote for a couple of weeks. Let's give Forbes the chance to re-recruit Chaundee, Jahcobi and keep Sarr.

Also couldn’t hurt at all to accelerate the rebuild by fielding a halfway decent team next year vs a complete dumpster fire.

Further exposing DFL for the awful head coach he is.

over the past 15 seasons of WF basketball, we've had 3 returning players who had been voted 3rd-team all-ACC or better in a previous season

2013 CJ Harris (was 3rd team 2012, HM 2013)
2009 Johnson (was 3rd team 2008, 2nd team 2009)
2006 Gray (was 1st team 2004, 2nd team 2005, 2nd team 2006)

honestly a decent coach should have had our 2019-2020 deacs on or close to the bubble

if forbes can keep sarr and chaundee and pick up a good grad transfer or two, we should be able to stay out of the ACC basement

Last week, Chaundee Brown already named his final 4 choices:

- Illinois
- Gonzaga
- Iowa State
- LSU

While not impossible, seems like it would be hard to unwind his plans to go somewhere else.

Yeah, Chaundee seems pretty firmly out the door. Sarr and Neath need to be priorities (and it sounds like they are).

- Illinois
- Gonzaga
- Iowa State
- LSU

While not impossible, seems like it would be hard to unwind his plans to go somewhere else.

It does, but it's definitely worth a try to "unwind" those plans. Hopefully he allows Forbes to make his case. Former ETSU guard, T.J. Cromer, talks about how when Forbes got the ETSU job in 2015 and recruited him to ETSU, his pitch was that of winning right away. He said, “I just knew he was a man that means business when I first talked to him over the phone and when he first got the job,” Cromer said of Forbes. “He had a plan from the first day there, and he wanted to turn the program around right away. It wasn't a rebuilding process. He wanted to come in and win right away.”

Exactly what we need. Hopefully Chaundee will allow him to make that pitch.

- Illinois
- Gonzaga
- Iowa State
- LSU

Not sure why it would be hard to stay at Wake, if he hasn't made plans to go to a specific school yet. His big issue is he is not a grad transfer. For awhile it looked like he would still be able to transfer and play next year, but it sounds like that is far from a done deal for next season, and if it does come to fruition, it could be a month or so before we know for sure. I highly doubt Chaundee wants to sit out next season. And Gonzaga is probably the only one of those schools that gives him an almost guaranteed chance to play in the NCAA tourney. Iowa State lost 20 games this past season, Illinois hasn't exaclty set the world on fire lately and their two best players have "entered" the NBA draft process, and LSU could easily be on probation and have a totally different coach.

The fact Chaundee hasn't picked a school leaves the door open a bit. I hope Forbes kicks it down.

I assumed Chaundee was a grad transfer. Is that not correct? Agree that if he has to sit out next season, that could benefit WF's chances.

Back