• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

Do players typically get waivers to transfer without sitting out when there is a coaching change?

Last week, Chaundee Brown already named his final 4 choices:

- Illinois
- Gonzaga
- Iowa State
- LSU

While not impossible, seems like it would be hard to unwind his plans to go somewhere else.

From what I can tell, the most difficult thing to unwind is the plan in Chaundee's head. The mechanics for the rest are simple. Verify scholarship at Wake. Accept. Notify four schools that they lost. Done.

Do players typically get waivers to transfer without sitting out when there is a coaching change?

on rare occasions...but they usually have to have another excuse. Incoming frosh do better with this one.

honestly a halfway decent coach should have had our 2019-2020 deacs on or close to the bubble

if forbes can keep sarr and chaundee and pick up a good grad transfer or two, we should be able to stay out of the ACC basement

DFL was a .000 coach. :dumb:

Wake has a new coach with a reputation as an outstanding recruiter. The roster is his first test.

Would love to see Chaundee come back don't think its likely tho

We have a new coach, and Chaundee is yesterday’s news. Come back or not makes no difference. If he doesn’t, it is a just another recruit of his own that Forbes can get.

Well Steve, you have some work to do.

Maybe we should turn KY in for tampering.

Lol he wants to pick his own coach not have one picked for him. Worked really well for him last time.

Hard to figure out-- would have be the main man at Wake. Wonder what is not to like about getting a coach that may actually be a winner?

What happened was I wanted to test the [NBA draft] waters," Sarr told ESPN on Thursday night. "I requested the UAC (Undergraduate Advisory Committee). I tried to test the waters, then I had a conversation with Coach and he convinced me to say and get my degree. He had plans for me, I was going to do great things in the ACC, with the team and individually of course. It was late April, Coach was going to stay. Then 24-48 hours before the [draft] deadline, Coach got fired. I didn't get the chance to put my name in and change my mind."

Wait. Had not the deadline for entering the Draft already passed BEFORE we shitcanned Manning's useless ass?

So ironic. Wellman tried selling us all on his hires being straight up people who would graduate players and keep a strong culture. Manning did none of that. Wellman left the University in a terrible financial position and has now left Forbes in a brutal position coming in.

What happened was I wanted to test the [NBA draft] waters," Sarr told ESPN on Thursday night. "I requested the UAC (Undergraduate Advisory Committee). I tried to test the waters, then I had a conversation with Coach and he convinced me to say and get my degree. He had plans for me, I was going to do great things in the ACC, with the team and individually of course. It was late April, Coach was going to stay. Then 24-48 hours before the [draft] deadline, Coach got fired. I didn't get the chance to put my name in and change my mind."

Wait. Had not the deadline for entering the Draft already passed BEFORE we shitcanned Manning's useless ass?

Google says April 26 was the deadline. We fired Manning on the 25th.

So if Manning got fired the day before, why could Sarr not declare for the draft? How long does it take to declare?

Manning advised Sarr to stay to save his job.
Right, no doubt about that. But Sarr says his coach was fired a day before the deadline and he didn't have time to put his name in the draft. I'm genuinely curious how once Manning was fired, Sarr didn't say "oh dang, better declare for the Draft now". Or is this just another sign of the toxic, no-accountability culture Manning created?

Sarr should be angry with Manning, not Wake Forest.

Manning had each and every one of our players convinced he was coming back even though he knew Currie was trying to get rid of him. He really thought Currie would back down.

The us versus them mentality...the environment in that program was toxic. Manning has those kids angry at the AD and I wouldn’t be surprised if he told them to enter the portal.

Manning advised Sarr to stay to save his job.

That's Manning being pure scum.

It's like how Wellman demanded to keep power until May 1 last year to keep Currie from firing Danny while there were still good coaches on the market.

Definitely looks that way. Hopefully in time, they will realize what the problem was. If not at Wake playing for a real coach, then maybe somewhere else playing for a real coach.

That's Manning being pure scum.

It's like how Wellman demanded to keep power until May 1 last year to keep Currie from firing Danny while there were still good coaches on the market.

Exactly.

Manning will do his best to sabotage this program and the new coach. I have no doubt our kids are being told to leave.

I don’t blame the kids for entering the portal, it’s a smart move in case they decide they don’t want to play for Forbes. If we lose them all, I think it’s because of their loyalty to Manning.

There’s no love loss between Currie and Manning. This is pure spite.

Back