• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

Richards and EJ Montgomery are both gone for good. Both said they are signing with an agency and forgoing their remaining college eligibility. A true 5 is the one thing Kentucky is missing right now. Sarr would start and play a lot of minutes at UK. He would make them a legitimate contender.

Agree with Pilchard that the crazy younger UK fans might be scaring him off with their social media and twitter. Cal says all the time that Kentucky isn't for everybody.

Richards and EJ Montgomery are both gone for good. Both said they are signing with an agency and forgoing their remaining college eligibility. A true 5 is the one thing Kentucky is missing right now. Sarr would start and play a lot of minutes at UK. He would make them a legitimate contender.

Agree with Pilchard that the crazy older UK fans might be scaring him off with their social media and twitter. Cal says all the time that Kentucky isn't for everybody.

fixed it for you

The older folks aren't so twitter and social media savvy. They are the crazy ones that camp out for a month for free midnight madness tickets.

What happened to all the chatter that Sarr hated Manning and would only come back if he was no longer the coach?

I filed it under "Stupid Shit That Posters Say." Third cabinet on your left.

He didn’t really get along with Manning but he wants to raise his stock as much as possible for the draft. He also wants to play in the NCAAT and there’s little chance of that at Wake.

There's maybe a future where Sarr, Chaundee, and most of the others come back and Forbes adds a transfer or two and gets us to the tourney. Assuming a season even happens and the team can actually practice.

Short of that, it's a rebuild year. Sarr should go to Kentucky and that'll make it fun to watch Kentucky games. Chaundee should go wherever he can start and make the tourney. I wish them the best and hope they can enjoy an awesome year after suffering through Wake's Manning debacle. It really doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Forbes is the 2+ year future, next year is just window dressing. Whatever direction those two go is all good by me.

Wait, what?!

Sarr and the players in the portal played for 11 wins per season DFL, but won't play for 30 wins per season Forbes??! What are they smoking? :dumb:

Lay off the weed guys.

Edit: Or get better weed.

Last edited:
Tells you all you need to know about the mentality of these players. Forbes will nab winners.

Don't go there. It's called a transfer portal, not a transfer. Support the kids for doing the right thing which has not yet been determined.

I’m just glad Danny is gone. What an asshole. He’s definitely knocked Bzzz off his perch. Hard to believe Ron Wellman couldn’t see this.

wait, what, hard to see that Ron could not see that. Ron could not see the forest for the trees because of his massive ego. He was a bigger asshole than Manning ever thought about being.

We have some good players. We shouldn't be busting on them when it's Danny driving them away.

I'd like to see all the players return if they can leave the Manning baggage in the past and are committed to play for WFU and Steve Forbes. New start. Any baggage or reservations...enjoy your new choice. Forbes stated they will have to tell him no. If they do...good bye. Everyone is replaceable.

Put me in the camp that wants to see them all come back and get their diplomas from Wake and see what Forbes can do for their games. We'd be much better off. I don't blame them for feeling betrayed by the school or not wanting to play for a guy they don't know who didn't recruit them.
Sounds like Forbes is making a good case to them but if Sarr really wants to play for Kentucky, how could any of us blame him? Our program has terrible vibes, negative fan sentiment and losing the vast majority of your games sucks. We'll have to see if Forbes can change that perception in the next few weeks.

Put me in the camp that wants to see them all come back and get their diplomas from Wake and see what Forbes can do for their games. We'd be much better off. I don't blame them for feeling betrayed by the school or not wanting to play for a guy they don't know who didn't recruit them.
Sounds like Forbes is making a good case to them but if Sarr really wants to play for Kentucky, how could any of us blame him? Our program has terrible vibes, negative fan sentiment and losing the vast majority of your games sucks. We'll have to see if Forbes can change that perception in the next few weeks.

And that is a lot harder to do electronically than in person.

Back