• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

I was talking with a friend of mine who was on the ACC Championship football team of 1970. Twenty-one Deacs left when Cal Stoll took over. Those who stayed won an ACC Championship.

After seeing what this team did against duke this year I am absolutely convinced Forbes would have had this team playing that well nearly every game. That team could have been a pretty good one capable of NCAAs.

After seeing what this team did against duke this year I am absolutely convinced Forbes would have had this team playing that well nearly every game. That team could have been a pretty good one capable of NCAAs.

If Sarr, Neath, and Oguama stay I will put $25 on making postseason play next season.

Last edited:
With everyone back (inc C.Brown) this is at worst a bubble team, with Forbes at the helm.

I was in Vegas years ago when wake had the big win in football over Fla state. Walking by the sports book I said to the woman "gimme 5 on wake to beat Fla state." She said 500 on Wake... no no no. 5 dollars. The look of disgust on her face was pretty f n funny.

LOWF...

He'd be the focus of Wake which gives him a better chance to be a 1st Round pick. There aren't many quality bigs for next year.

People should stop with throwing around the lowf. You’re not even using it right. You can disagree with his positions if you want but it isn’t lowf.

LOWF...

He'd be the focus of Wake which gives him a better chance to be a 1st Round pick. There aren't many quality bigs for next year.

If Sarr would go to KU specifically for the reason to compete for a national championship w/o regard to what it does to his draft status, then that says the guy's a hard-nosed competitor who wants to win. Kind of hard to find fault in that.

Suggesting he should do it is putting Wake down.

Leaving one situation for another in a job, relationships, choice of restaurants/you name it will in some ways always have an element of "putting down" the former, but I tend to look at is as more of seeing things in the moment and determining what's best for the individual. For example, I don't think Steve Forbes coming to Wake is in any way his "putting down" East Tennessee; its just an evolution of where he is in his journey to reach his greatest satisfaction as a coach; same goes for Sarr as a player. The days of kids thinking of good old WhataMattaU like us "olds" (and I'm one of them) do, while not over, is drastically altered from what we came up with.

LOWF...

You don't think he'd get more attention playing for Kentucky on a top 10 team?

Meh. Cal does what is best for Cal. There are 5-star guys he relegates to the bench. Sarr could go there, start the first 10 games, and then boom, he's only playing 8 minutes a night. It has happened before. Going to Kentucky guarantees nothing.

Or he could be a double double machine for the biggest turnaround story in college ball, the plucky Wake Forbest Deacs, shocking the world to a top 10 seed in le tournoi.

If he's averaging 20/12 in the ACC, he'll get all the attention he'll ever need. At Wake, he will be the focus of the team. At KY, he'll be one of many. He may not get to show the wide range of his talents as much there.

I don’t blame a guy for not wanting his last year as a college player to be the first year of a rebuild. Even if he comes back next year we are still unlikely to be in the tournament. So he should check out his options.

I’d feel differently if he was part of a core of seniors who could help turn the program around, like Songaila et al in skips first year. But he’s the only one with just one year left. Year 2 and on under Forbes will be great, but next year probably won’t be.

Meh. Cal does what is best for Cal. There are 5-star guys he relegates to the bench. Sarr could go there, start the first 10 games, and then boom, he's only playing 8 minutes a night. It has happened before. Going to Kentucky guarantees nothing.

This is true. Certainly he went to U K and started he would get more recognition than if he stayed at Wake. But if he didn’t start or be a sixth man type, better to return and be a key part of the new era of Wake basketball. That WILL be a story.

Disagree. Folks have no idea how bad Manning really is as a head coach. With the way Sarr was starting to dominate inside and grow in confidence along with Neath as a soph and Mucius and Massoud who will only get better and with real coaching with their length and athleticism I see postseason out of the gate if those 4 come back along with incoming talent.

Back