• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sarr

CreamyGoodness

Thanks Creamy!
Reaction score
Since we obviously need more threads and it’s impossible to find specific info, does this means Sarr is coming back?

The question is more for babydeac, numbers or anyone else who has a pulse on this one...The new coach would at least have a solid big man to work with.

Barstool sports is saying Kentucky fans are hitting up Sarr’s Instagram on rumors he is transferring

Yeah they are. Sarr is less likely to transfer today than he was two days ago and he wasn’t very likely to transfer two days ago. Options have only really been go pro somewhere (hindered a lot by no nba workouts) or return

There's a Saar-related article up on the "Sea of Blue" SB Nation blog too.

The deadline to enter your name into the NBA Draft was last night at 11:59pm... So I guess that's not happening. Feels like we would have heard that by now.

The deadline to enter your name into the NBA Draft was last night at 11:59pm... So I guess that's not happening. Feels like we would have heard that by now.

Yep. So, Sarr is either:

a) Going pro internationally
b) Transferring
c) playing for WF

Regardless of who coaches WF next season, to have any hope of competitive team, Sarr needs to return. If OS returns, the rising frosh step up, and we get something out of Watson (assuming he is not released from his LOI), WF could at least be entertaining next year. If Sarr leaves and Watson bails (and if anyone else leaves too), we are looking at season like 2011 []'s first year -- 8-24 (1-15) lost to #300 Stetson, #253 Presbyterian, #221 Winthrop, and 13 of WF's 16 ACC games were decided by double digits. This is how WF opened the ACC season:

State 90 WF 69
MD 74 WF 55
VT 94 WF 65
GT 74 WF 39
Duke 83 WF 59

Yikes.

If we get Matta, I don't really care who is on our roster, we will not look like our 2011 team. A real coach can change things pretty quickly. We do really need Sarr though, and I hope that he sticks around.

If we get Matta, I don't really care who is on our roster, we will not look like our 2011 team. A real coach can change things pretty quickly. We do really need Sarr though, and I hope that he sticks around.

Well, Matta did coach Greg Oden for one year.

With the probable new transfer rule, a coach like Matta could attract several quality players who could offer immediate help.

The converse side to the probable one-time transfer rule passing is... sure, a new coach will get a chance to quickly land guys, but. If we're to keep Saar, it'll really help to get a new coach *before* the rule is voted on. So Saar would have time to met & greet the new coach.

Sarr hasn’t made a decision yet and is going to meet Forbes first. I still believe he stays but the opportunity to go play on a tourney team his senior year with his pick of where to go (Kentucky) has to be enticing.

I hope Sarr sticks around. Imagine what he could do with a halfway decent coach.

NCAA board of directors recommends against free transfer year (of course). From what I’ve heard Sarr isn’t going to graduate so sounds like it’s Wake then!

Probably due to the foreign language requirement.

NCAA board of directors recommends against free transfer year (of course). From what I’ve heard Sarr isn’t going to graduate so sounds like it’s Wake then!

Supposedly Brown isn't either. Does he really want to sit out a year to play his last one?

Back