• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you think you will be happy with Currie's hire?

Do you think you will be happy with Currie's hire

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you sure Prosser wasn't on some lists? He actually made sense as a hire. The last two were head scratchers!

Prosser and Beilein were both on some of the late lists when Prosser was hired and it became evident that they were the two finalists. It was late in the process though before their names surfaced

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Currie is hearing from some folks who aren't on any of our lists that are a) looking for a change of scenery, b) concerned about the financial status of their Athletic Department in the current environment, c) worried about their future job security, or d) have always had an interest in coaching in the ACC.

Also, Currie seems to me like the type that will reach out to some coaches that no one knows are looking and that many may think wouldn't be interested before he goes the mid-major route. Doesn't me he will be successful in those efforts, but I would bet he would do it.

Are you sure Prosser wasn't on some lists? He actually made sense as a hire. The last two were head scratchers!

Prosser’s name may have been mentioned by a few posters at some point, but he was not discussed much (until maybe right at the end?) Heck, there was an ongoing “Hire Pelphrey” mania, complete with a petition showing support for him! Good stuff!

Prosser’s name may have been mentioned by a few posters at some point, but he was not discussed much (until maybe right at the end?) Heck, there was an ongoing “Hire Pelphrey” mania, complete with a petition showing support for him! Good stuff!

Actually, he was mentioned by me immediately. My list had Majerus first but saying he wouldn't take the job and Skip second.

Anyone that can fire a dude during a recession and pandemic is most likely going to make the right hire, regardless of how it looks on paper at first.

I’m going to continue to trust Currie until given a reason not to.

I expect to be underwhelmed, if not disappointed, and hope to be surprised.

This is where I'm at. After 2 mediocre hires, I guess I'm just burned out on it. Fingers are still crossed though..

Currie has more at stake in this hire than we can possibly imagine. And, I suspect that he knows a ton more about basketball and about all the coaches that are available than all of us put together.

But he could hire the best coach in the world and there would be lots of people here saying that he made a stupid choice. That's just the way it is.

Actually, he was mentioned by me immediately. My list had Majerus first but saying he wouldn't take the job and Skip second.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Todd Turner, aka the worst consultant of all time. Somehow he keeps getting hired even though he's been responsible for like 25% or more of all bad recent hires.

So, yes to a consultant; but seems to be a different one

So, yes to a consultant; but seems to be a different one

It's SOP for many companies.

Back