• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you think you will be happy with Currie's hire?

Do you think you will be happy with Currie's hire

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted YES. Why not? After being kicked in the proverbial nuts for almost 12 years, I'm living dangerously and hoping for the best!!

My guess is that he already has the new HC in hand but obviously had to get this business completed first. Just a wild ass guess and more hope.

Yes because I want to enjoy Wake basketball again. I'll be optimistic until the new coach proves they were a bad choice on the court.

Since I think it's gonna be Forbes, I'll go with yes.

i’m sure we can find someone worse. we’re deacs.

Was DM a Wellman hire or a consultant recommendation?

We probably won’t ever know, but he prided himself on being the sole one. Sometimes, that is best and, in any event, I don’t have a problem with him for the hire. It is not dealing with it when the ship was sinking.

As I said on another thread, if you read between the lines of Currie's statement about the buyout number, it looks like money isn't going to stop us from hiring whomever we want.

I expect to be underwhelmed, if not disappointed, and hope to be surprised.

I’ve followed our BB coaching searches for years and can say this board hasn’t had a clue until the name was announced...Prosser, Bzz and DM. Many names were mentioned, but none of those three were discussed as likely candidates (if mentioned at all.) The hires seemed to come out of the blue. I wonder if we’re any closer this time?

I’ve followed our BB coaching searches for years and can say this board hasn’t had a clue until the name was announced...Prosser, Bzz and DM. Many names were mentioned, but none of those three were discussed as likely candidates (if mentioned at all.) The hires seemed to come out of the blue. I wonder if we’re any closer this time?

Are you sure Prosser wasn't on some lists? He actually made sense as a hire. The last two were head scratchers!

I expect to be underwhelmed, if not disappointed, and hope to be surprised.

Hopefully your underwhelmed/disappointed prediction turns out exactly the same as your prediction of Manning coaching Wake for at least two more seasons.

No. Yesterday he had an all staff meeting with 220+ people, and of the 75 people shown in screenshots, Manning wasn't one of them. People got their hopes up that Currie was playing 4D chess. Today he hosted another meeting for head coaches, and Manning is there, front and center, as he will be for at least two more years at this point.

Good call, Racer

Back