• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

Im just gonna go ahead and use this thread as a big fat catch all. We need to document a schedule.

5/4 theme game: Eagles
5/11 theme game: open date?
5/18 theme game: open date?
5/25 theme game: open date?

Im coming up with another game i can run at some point but i've run a few lately and want to give other people a shot to run.

Pencil me in for the 18th. I had an idea a need to remember.

5/4: Eagles Stephen King Game
5/11: Tejas Steals Civs Soul Game
5/18: BYM Trying to Remember Game
5/25: Open date

I think you should be stripped of your credentials. I don't remember ever ranting against numbers, nor nonny since the reboot.

I wasn't talking about since the reboot. I was talking about days of yore and that my memory of them is tainted by 2 things: I grouped them as 1 and your rants.

edited because I'm a moron.

Last edited:
And if I didn't rank some of the non Deac / newer to these boards people as high as you'd hope, it's likely I just don't have enough of a read yet. I definitely valued effort and what have you done for me lately (i.e., why I have Toogs lower than consensus as I don't think we've gotten his best stuff recently).

I have toogs lower because I love and hate him at the same time and because I remember old toogs who was close to as good as it gets, so his bar might be a bit higher.

Definitely Rodman. If you can keep him focused and surrounded by positive voices that quell his inner demons, you've got yourself a valuable piece on a winning team. But you also might have to run around Vegas at 3am searching for him only to open a hotel room door and find him snorting cocaine out of a stripper's asshole when you need him ready to go for a noon pacific tip in LA.

I think birdman is better. Rodman was actually really good for several years and birdman had that whole pedophile accusation thing. Yeah, definitely birdman.

Im just gonna go ahead and use this thread as a big fat catch all. We need to document a schedule.

5/4 theme game: Eagles
5/11 theme game: open date?
5/18 theme game: open date?
5/25 theme game: open date?

Im coming up with another game i can run at some point but i've run a few lately and want to give other people a shot to run.

I gave up on Hoop. He thought it was too complex. Moved onto TIC, who will hopefully respond this month. Then, since I'm going to need a boatload of players, I'm going to recruit some terps and ask D7 to keep an eye on his mailbox for approvals.

Gat and Rommy were in one tier for me, and they're so different. Rommy is a volume shooter. He can win you games all on his own, but you've got to have a quick hook because when he's not on, he can shoot you out of a game. He's Russ Westbrook.

Gat isn't that. He's steady. Does all the little things well, but isn't gonna pop on a stat sheet. Plug him in the lineup and you know what you're getting out of him. He's Draymond Green, if Draymond wasn't a sociopath.

And yes, I will continue making basketball comps, but obviously knight is either Rodman or Birdman.

You could drop the sociopath qualifier for GAT. Only a sociopath would shoot at Bilbo :willynilly:

You could drop the sociopath qualifier for GAT. Only a sociopath would shoot at Bilbo :willynilly:

giphy.gif

I wasn't talking about since the reboot. I was talking about days of your and that my memory of them is tainted by 2 things: I grouped them as 1 and your rants.

Memory also probably tainted (like Toogs' and mine) by the brown liquor. Just sayin'.

I gave up on Hoop. He thought it was too complex. Moved onto TIC, who will hopefully respond this month. Then, since I'm going to need a boatload of players, I'm going to recruit some terps and ask D7 to keep an eye on his mailbox for approvals.

scale it down. When you add marginal players it just fucks up your game

this is factual. 18-person game with people that will show and try is more enjoyable for everyone than a 26-person game with 2-3 no-shows and the constant threat of AA for missed votes hanging over the game.

I'll take the 25th. Should have one together by then. Probably athletic conference based.

I am going to miss the redwing game sad face

I need 30. 2 mafia game +an indy. Better Call Saul deserves that. Finding safe claims and enough civ roles might be the biggest challenges. I think it also helps when people are into the theme. Like I think ftn might not have much desire to play here on the regular but would show for a BCS game.

Last edited:
I need 30. 2 mafia game +an indy. Better Call Saul deserves that. Finding safe claims and enough civ roles might be the biggest challenges. I think it also helps when people are into the theme. Like I think ftn might not have much desire to play here on the regular but would show for a BCS game.

that is dumb and you will regret it

Back