• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

I thought it was a good plan and had some positive elements. I thought the Ph decision was dumb and I thought the way knight played it (knight gonna knight - flamboyant, evasive from multiple people asking basic questions of a claim) could’ve been much much better. Like I said in the thread, knight benefitted from substantive solid information and knighted it up.

His claim was ultimately a massive windfall for civs and a major reason why the civs won.

The ph part was my fault, shouldn't be held against him. I thought knights fake claim was great - he sold through back to back investigation immune champs to get two more majos.

Gotta assume knights rankings above are cumulative because after coming off two great games, toog had a massive clunker as an IC this game. He's def top 5 overall, but that game, not so much.

That's like... the whole point. Knight was easily the civ MVP. Which would be good if he was a civ. Just because people buy a claim, it doesn't make it good. A good fake claim is +EV for your team's win rate. There are good fake claims which are immediately lynched. This was a bad fake claim that happened to last a few days, and meaningfully hurt his team's chances to win.

Disagree with the last part - maf 2 had it in the bag until the gooner kill miss. I mean, they should have won earlier by guaranteeing night kills, but still.

Disagree with the last part - maf 2 had it in the bag until the gooner kill miss. I mean, they should have won earlier by guaranteeing night kills, but still.

Sure. Maf 2 wins a lot of ways. They had the game won, and they gave it away. Part of knight's claim IS using you as an "investigation" instead of hitting with someone else. I'm counting that and him giving himself up as the negatives. The positives were getting a lynch on damo (who they could have just killed anyway with a normal hitter) and stealing one on Ph. I don't see any chance that the benefits outweigh the downside.

Knight's rankings need to be treated like the East German judge in Soviet Era Olympics and just thrown out so scores actually mean something

Knight's rankings need to be treated like the East German judge in Soviet Era Olympics and just thrown out so scores actually mean something

What if we make mafia rankings into a meta game where we lynch one voter per week who has the worst ballot too?

Also, who is starting the bottom 10 rankings. Dead chat knows my thoughts...

Actually I probably still won't. BUT it increases the chances of me voting by at least 100%

Also, for those leaving me offf their list or doing something stupid like putting me at 20 -- if you're unable to appreciate my play last game with a fake cop play that dominated multiple rounds on cold fucking reads, I don't know what to tell you.

Dude - you live in a world that isn't reality. Those weren't reads. One was us using your investigation on ryala. The rest was Da handing us mafia. When you had a chance to keep it going by naming a couple civs, your ego got the best of you and you burned it down. Had you stuck to the plan of ryala, RW, clearing one of us, damo, clearing a civ, we walk this thing home. I fucked up too but I can admit it. You were in chat telling us to kill tejas because he was your best guess for the 2nd indy. We had already told you 5x we stole his power and confirmed his role. He was a civ. When I said to bus Da to doofus and 03, you called me crazy. If we had D7 in your place as a teammate, we win that game easy. I know because I've had D7 as a mafia teammate. You need to get over yourself. I don't deny you are smart and capable but until you get your meds right, I pray not to be aligned with you.

Apologies for not actually posting the official week 1 rankings this morning. Had a string of meetings. Good news is I should have plenty of time now!

RankPlayerTotal Points1st Place Votes2nd Place Votes3rd Place Votes
1Eagles3551431
2ryala307381
3Da287014
4toogs271012
5gouda265122
6Rommy255014
7GAT240001
8gooner207010
9Nonny158001
10SD3134000
11TiC126001
12Tejas116010
13Knight/GrabTurds110000
14QT107000
15tim99000
16Townie92000
17D1489000
18parlay/WhisperingEye82000
19Bym81000
20redwing70000

Others receiving votes: Numbers (60), Jman (50), WFU03 (39), GoalieMom (37), JTP (35), Juice (32), Damo (31), Deacsfan27 (18), dv7 (12), Raise (7), Ph (4), BBD (2), Mako (2)

Didn't see this til now. My thoughts: toogs too high, GAT too low, nonny a little high (in fairness, I haven't played with him in a bit and I could be way off), TIC is usually better than that, knight doesn't belong on the list, QT is too low but that's likely due to frequency, redwing is too low, bym is better and much funnier than me and I've only played with Tim once and he had a role that irritated me so I can't be fair.

Here are the long-awaited "self-perception vs consensus" ranks. Notably, most players that included themselves in their rankings overrated their own skills vs where the consensus has them. Tejas, Gooner, and Ryala had the best pulse on the consensus, nailing their own self-rank. I was the only player that included themselves in the ranking to rank myself lower than consensus.

Two of the three largest deviations between self-perception and consensus come from those notorious Peas in a Pod, Knight and DV7.

Player/VoterSelf-VoteConsensus RankSpread
GoudaDid not vote for Self5NA
NumbersDid not vote for Self21NA
BYMDid not vote for Self19NA
JmanDid not vote for Self22NA
TownieDid not vote for Self16NA
DV7172912
parlay/WhisperingEye12186
Knight/GrabTurds7136
Nonny495
Redwing16204
D1414173
SD37103
TiC9112
Tim14151
Rommy561
Toogs341
Tejas12120
Gooner880
Ryala220
GAT147-7

Now we know why you tanked yourself. If you are going to rate below 20, then allow folks to rank below 20. I don't think that's fair to D7

I had Gooner #2 before it was cool

I've been on the gooner bandwagon forever but my ranking this week predict his fall after his bride to be castrates him (or leaves him at the alter). He played decent but his ranking are for shit.

Knight has been killing it like three games in a row now. Gooner was the civ mvp last game but knight’s play was undeniably good.

You weren't in chat. Happy to see you doing more than just saying kill me or why am I still here.

Hang on, the consensus is that knight's fake claim was... good? Ok then.

It was a fake claim that needlessly gave himself away for a benefit of stealing 1 lynch on Ph. And maf 2 using Da to hit for investigations was quite poor. The game was handed to maf 2 on a platter and they fumbled it, I'm not giving extra points for that.

Insight. This is why, despite not bringing his A game, ryala is still the best. I fucked up. Anyone that doesn't rank me, I get it. Knight took the work of doofus, 03 and mostly da, who was just saving his claim and used it to look good and then crash and burn. If we had Ryala in place of knight, that ends early in a Maf2 win despite me.

The ph part was my fault, shouldn't be held against him. I thought knights fake claim was great - he sold through back to back investigation immune champs to get two more majos.

Gotta assume knights rankings above are cumulative because after coming off two great games, toog had a massive clunker as an IC this game. He's def top 5 overall, but that game, not so much.

Stop lying. Bernie could have walked those 2 home. They were both on the block the round before we hit on them. His initial plan was great. Then we pushed investigating damo which you smartly took and that's where things went bad. Maybe it was confusion in bouncing b/t chats or maybe I'm senile, I'll let doofus and 03 confirm which one. Knight's plan was to take out those two, confirm one of us and then go from there. When we found damo, he called an audible. Then the next day, he came looking for who was dirty. We were talking someone like mako or D7 and you chimed in with PH, who was on his list. He said something like, yeah, PH is perfect because even if he's not, I can make this work. We were trying to sell a clear (Tejas) but he was talking about damo's run (or whoever it was) and comparing himself to it. The highs with knight are great but when you crash, you burn.

What if we make mafia rankings into a meta game where we lynch one voter per week who has the worst ballot too?

If this becomes a thing, LMK. I need to edit. [someone had to bring gooner back to earth and I'm just the guy to do it]

Also, who is starting the bottom 10 rankings. Dead chat knows my thoughts...

Don't do that. The only truly bad players are the ones that don't show or intentionally fuck up a game. This was a great game design with some really fun shit. At different points, fairly late in the game, it looked like 4 factions could win. Maybe the least likely of those actually won thanks to gooner's 18 hr days.

Back