• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

There is some SALT in the rankings this week. Lol

Just saw this. Essentially, I would agree with parlay. Knight does not excel at collaboration. It’s like trying to coordinate with the Tasmanian Devil.

With his role, coming out as a fake cop made a ton of sense. I just wanted him to wait. Why come out in a round when two of the people you’re gonna claim against are on the block to get lynched? He argued that he was gonna die soon, which made no sense at that point in the game.

In fairness, I think he was also work busy, but multiple times he just ignored what anyone else thought and plowed forward. The tejas is the Indy line is a great example. He was also adamantly against trying to figure out what was fishy with Da.

Just saw this. Essentially, I would agree with parlay. Knight does not excel at collaboration. It’s like trying to coordinate with the Tasmanian Devil.

With his role, coming out as a fake cop made a ton of sense. I just wanted him to wait. Why come out in a round when two of the people you’re gonna claim against are on the block to get lynched? He argued that he was gonna die soon, which made no sense at that point in the game.

In fairness, I think he was also work busy, but multiple times he just ignored what anyone else thought and plowed forward. The tejas is the Indy line is a great example. He was also adamantly against trying to figure out what was fishy with Da.

You're a cool dude.

You're fundamentally bad at mafia.

Parlay suffers from memory loss. I saved most of the the chat this time.

You're a cool dude.

You're fundamentally bad at mafia.

Parlay suffers from memory loss. I saved most of the the chat this time.

I'm not saying I'm good at mafia, but you took us from a situation where we were winning to one where we stood less of a chance of winning. Parlay then took a dump on our chances of winning. Had either one of you actually played like a good player (say those ranked 8-12...just say we subbed SD3 with you), we would have won quite easily.

I'm not saying I'm good at mafia, but you took us from a situation where we were winning to one where we stood less of a chance of winning. Parlay then took a dump on our chances of winning. Had either one of you actually played like a good player (say those ranked 8-12...just say we subbed SD3 with you), we would have won quite easily.

Subbing SD3 would've been bad. Mafia does not want to trade 1:1 with civs.

I think there is probably some truth in both here

Knight is a really really good player who sometimes gets too into his own head (as we all do) and can swing the other way fast. But knight knows how to read players and his last few games have been pretty good.

This game was a great example. One could very easily argue and be right that Knight was civ mvp. Civs were in the tank before knights play gave us 4 baddies (including knight). However one could also argue and be correct that knight handed mafia 2 victory on a silver platter (as da, knight and ryala have pointed out) and they squandered it. Mafia 2 shouldn’t have lost that game

I think there is probably some truth in both here

Knight is a really really good player who sometimes gets too into his own head (as we all do) and can swing the other way fast. But knight knows how to read players and his last few games have been pretty good.

This game was a great example. One could very easily argue and be right that Knight was civ mvp. Civs were in the tank before knights play gave us 4 baddies (including knight). However one could also argue and be correct that knight handed mafia 2 victory on a silver platter (as da, knight and ryala have pointed out) and they squandered it. Mafia 2 shouldn’t have lost that game

The much better play would have been having one of the other maf2 players be the fake cop, led by Knight's real investigations. Then, when we ran out of investigations and that person got heat, they would fall on their sword. Knight would have still been invisibly pulling the strings and maf2 would still its extremely powerful investigative role left. All of that would have would required coordination and collaboration though.

Quote Originally Posted by WFU03 View Post

The much better play would have been having one of the other maf2 players be the fake cop, led by Knight's real investigations. Then, when we ran out of investigations and that person got heat, they would fall on their sword. Knight would have still been invisibly pulling the strings and maf2 would still its extremely powerful investigative role left. All of that would have would required coordination and collaboration though.

That’s probably a fair assessment, but who was going to do that?

Last edited:
Except I clearly need coffee. Holy typos man.

I will vote this week if gat adds bottom 10

Bottom 10 is dumb. I think you want a place to create butthurt which is fine - we should just do superlatives like Rommy suggested. Rank your top 20 and then:

Best fake claim of the week:
Worst fake claim of the week:
Most civ -EV play of the week:
Most likely to be a policy lynch in next week's primetime game:

What else?

Is this a weekly ranking? Like....are we just basing this off the last game?

I think it should be based on the full body of work with a recency bias but lets not, like, overthink this man.

Bottom 10 is dumb. I think you want a place to create butthurt which is fine - we should just do superlatives like Rommy suggested. Rank your top 20 and then:

What else?

Agree with you here.

Maybe I missed some stuff in mafia 2 chat last game, but I would say the percentage of post in chat were like Doofus at 35%, WFU03 at 30%, me at 15%, parlay at 15% and knight 5%. It was dominated by WFU03 and Doofus, knight was barely around - this was an estimate of before I was dead. I didn't care if knight suicided or not, but I agree that he doesn't make end game, and the fake likely should have come from him. The argument against coming out when ryala and redwing both were likely going is it bought him good will, if he came out later and said he got those two, who were both investigation immune, it would have looked like dog turds.

Dunno, I thought it was a great fake claim, maybe I am just biased because I needed people to die, but I haven't seen many fake cops last that long or get that many majo's. I do think he could have survived another day or 2 though, but I don't remember the timing on when the angel died.

Maybe I missed some stuff in mafia 2 chat last game, but I would say the percentage of post in chat were like Doofus at 35%, WFU03 at 30%, me at 15%, parlay at 15% and knight 5%. It was dominated by WFU03 and Doofus, knight was barely around - this was an estimate of before I was dead. I didn't care if knight suicided or not, but I agree that he doesn't make end game, and the fake likely should have come from him. The argument against coming out when ryala and redwing both were likely going is it bought him good will, if he came out later and said he got those two, who were both investigation immune, it would have looked like dog turds.

Dunno, I thought it was a great fake claim, maybe I am just biased because I needed people to die, but I haven't seen many fake cops last that long or get that many majo's. I do think he could have survived another day or 2 though, but I don't remember the timing on when the angel died.

Right. He was a fake cop that got 3 majos. Lol. And killed an indy hunter.

The more I think about it, the more I believe the fake didn't matter. We got 2 people who were on the block anyway. Knight won't last forever and he really didn't give up anything extra for us to work with.

The worst part about it was the rush to lynch Ph where he didn't have a chance to counter. I'd like to believe he would've shown up before deadline (right Ph?).

Parlay's is likely the worst because it gave us new targets and almost gave someone on the other mafia time to become unlynchable.

But it also brought about my favorite line from the game, the "Ol' Parlay's got ya" from mafia chat.

What else?

Funniest post

Dude - you live in a world that isn't reality. Those weren't reads. One was us using your investigation on ryala. The rest was Da handing us mafia. When you had a chance to keep it going by naming a couple civs, your ego got the best of you and you burned it down. Had you stuck to the plan of ryala, RW, clearing one of us, damo, clearing a civ, we walk this thing home. I fucked up too but I can admit it. You were in chat telling us to kill tejas because he was your best guess for the 2nd indy. We had already told you 5x we stole his power and confirmed his role. He was a civ. When I said to bus Da to doofus and 03, you called me crazy. If we had D7 in your place as a teammate, we win that game easy. I know because I've had D7 as a mafia teammate. You need to get over yourself. I don't deny you are smart and capable but until you get your meds right, I pray not to be aligned with you.

awww shucks. Thanks!

(where do I send the check?)

The more I think about it, the more I believe the fake didn't matter. We got 2 people who were on the block anyway. Knight won't last forever and he really didn't give up anything extra for us to work with.

The worst part about it was the rush to lynch Ph where he didn't have a chance to counter. I'd like to believe he would've shown up before deadline (right Ph?).

Parlay's is likely the worst because it gave us new targets and almost gave someone on the other mafia time to become unlynchable.

But it also brought about my favorite line from the game, the "Ol' Parlay's got ya" from mafia chat.

I didn't believe Knight's claim at all (due to the two "positive" maf's he gave us were BOTH investigation immune) until the damo investigation and him flipping baddie as well.

I'm also probably predisposed to not wanting to follow Knight, which I admit, but logically it didn't make sense for his investigations on redwing and ryala to produce correct results as the civ backup cop -- and then I made it work in my head when damo also flipped anti-town.

Back