• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

Results: null

I was kinda proud of this one.

I am Andy Dufresne. Because I kill shotted, I got an investigation. Since Parlay's claim was awful I decided to kill him.

What's the role justification for that. And have you seen Shawshank?

Because I was wrongly accused. And yes, I've seen Shawshank.

I love the part where Andy pops a cap in the guy.

Maybe I missed some stuff in mafia 2 chat last game, but I would say the percentage of post in chat were like Doofus at 35%, WFU03 at 30%, me at 15%, parlay at 15% and knight 5%. It was dominated by WFU03 and Doofus, knight was barely around - this was an estimate of before I was dead. I didn't care if knight suicided or not, but I agree that he doesn't make end game, and the fake likely should have come from him. The argument against coming out when ryala and redwing both were likely going is it bought him good will, if he came out later and said he got those two, who were both investigation immune, it would have looked like dog turds.

Dunno, I thought it was a great fake claim, maybe I am just biased because I needed people to die, but I haven't seen many fake cops last that long or get that many majo's. I do think he could have survived another day or 2 though, but I don't remember the timing on when the angel died.

Just to add here, I am talking about Knights in game posts for the fake only - not anything about how the results were found or whatever. He posted through impossible investigations and had everyone on board. Not sure we had anyone on our team that could have done that, I know I can't - maybe thats why I think its great and maybe everyone else is more confident in their own skills.

I made myself laugh with the Numbers mom joke in-thread.

Also, Knight was fine in chat for the most part and I didn't really disagree with his plan overall. I do think a couple of times we tried to talk him out of poetry, but he's the only one on our team who could pull that off/should even try. It's just knowing when to cut losses and accept that it has run its course for effectiveness. The Ph "investigation" is when it unraveled.

There was also a contentious conversation between wfu03 and knight on gay jokes overall.

I was kinda proud of this one.

That was funny.

Mako had a bunch of funny posts, the last one at doofus about blowing his mind was great. Townies jhawk/mako post was outstanding. Gouda trolling jhawk had me laughing out loud. There were probably others I am forgetting. Oh, the bym dead chat seance was a great setup.

I added the Superlatives below the Top 20 for everyone. Six options. They don't get tabulated anywhere yet but i'll add the back office shit later.

Weekly Civ MVP
Weekly Maf MVP
Best fake claim of the week
Worst fake claim of the week
Likely policy lynch next week
Most Civ -EV play of the week

I added the Superlatives below the Top 20 for everyone. Six options. They don't get tabulated anywhere yet but i'll add the back office shit later.

Weekly Civ MVP
Weekly Maf MVP

Can we add Weekly Indy MVP? Really want to beat ryala at something.

Just to add here, I am talking about Knights in game posts for the fake only - not anything about how the results were found or whatever. He posted through impossible investigations and had everyone on board. Not sure we had anyone on our team that could have done that, I know I can't - maybe thats why I think its great and maybe everyone else is more confident in their own skills.

b2546554436b8b1ccc4246440d89afbd.gif

I made myself laugh with the Numbers mom joke in-thread.

Also, Knight was fine in chat for the most part and I didn't really disagree with his plan overall. I do think a couple of times we tried to talk him out of poetry, but he's the only one on our team who could pull that off/should even try. It's just knowing when to cut losses and accept that it has run its course for effectiveness. The Ph "investigation" is when it unraveled.

There was also a contentious conversation between wfu03 and knight on gay jokes overall.

I think that’s a contentious relationship that exists between Knight and most of the boards.

Weekly Civ MVP
Weekly Maf MVP

Gooner
Doofus
Knight
GM
DV7
SD3 vigging GAT

I missed until the other game yesterday that SD3 actually fucking vigged GAT lol.

We were confused in the lair and we even "knew" that Da's hit had failed.

That's a very bad play.

I missed until the other game yesterday that SD3 actually fucking vigged GAT lol.

We were confused in the lair and we even "knew" that Da's hit had failed.

That's a very bad play.

To be fair, SD3 absolutely ran a train on mafia in the late-week game incl a N1 investi-kill on me. So, great news for me, i got my soul stolen 2x this week by SD3.

The more I think about it, the more I believe the fake didn't matter. We got 2 people who were on the block anyway. Knight won't last forever and he really didn't give up anything extra for us to work with.

The worst part about it was the rush to lynch Ph where he didn't have a chance to counter. I'd like to believe he would've shown up before deadline (right Ph?).

Parlay's is likely the worst because it gave us new targets and almost gave someone on the other mafia time to become unlynchable.

But it also brought about my favorite line from the game, the "Ol' Parlay's got ya" from mafia chat.

That was the best part about it! He knew he didn't have the actual results for Ph, so get him lynched asap. That was a brilliant play.

(Side note, this is also why majos are horrible for civs.)

In this week in bad claims in mafia history, young Bernie attempted to sell his role as a watcher in GAT’s COVID-19 game in order to avoid catching a lynch as mafia goon. Things began simply enough as he claimed he witnessed mako visit (and kill) SD3 in an attempt to run poor innocent mako. Unfortunately Bernie immediately dickstepped in epic fashion in his next post by claiming Ph visited a dead rommy, causing an immediate avalanche of voters on his sorry ass.

This move, hereforth known merely as “the Bernie”, is a moment we will all remember fondly.

This I agree with. Him explanation his complete BS was great. I just didn't think it was the right time to do it, he wasn't around enough in chat for the rest of us to coordinate, and I'm not sure it should have been him given how good his role was. The role we most needed to make it to endgame was Parlay's. Knight's was the second best.

In this week in bad claims in mafia history, young Bernie attempted to sell his role as a watcher in GAT’s COVID-19 game in order to avoid catching a lynch as mafia goon. Things began simply enough as he claimed he witnessed mako visit (and kill) SD3 in an attempt to run poor innocent mako. Unfortunately Bernie immediately dickstepped in epic fashion in his next post by claiming Ph visited a dead rommy, causing an immediate avalanche of voters on his sorry ass.

This move, hereforth known merely as “the Bernie”, is a moment we will all remember fondly.

LOL i forgot about that. The reactions were immediate and hilarious. Rommy in maf chad was just like wtf just happened

I remember being the actual watcher and immediately DMing both mods saying WHATTTT?! Noooo!!!!!

Back