• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

Gooner
Doofus
Knight
GM
DV7
SD3 vigging GAT

I think parlays fake was probably worse than GMs, just from the standpoint of goaliemom was already likely going to be one of the top two candidates and just needed to buy two more days and bought herself 1. Parlay was playing a good game, some people had bad reads on him, nothing crazy - but, he was certain he was dying the day he faked and that took him from unlikely lynch to the most likely lynch.

I think parlays fake was probably worse than GMs, just from the standpoint of goaliemom was already likely going to be one of the top two candidates and just needed to buy two more days and bought herself 1. Parlay was playing a good game, some people had bad reads on him, nothing crazy - but, he was certain he was dying the day he faked and that took him from unlikely lynch to the most likely lynch.

Yeah I guess I’m tying in GM’s vote switch with the claim instead of just GM’s claim on its own (set up by the vote switch). The vote switch was inexplicably bad IMO. Alone parlay’s claim just didn’t make any sense

LOL i forgot about that. The reactions were immediate and hilarious. Rommy in maf chad was just like wtf just happened

And the best part was that he yolo'ed that claim. Didn't discuss it with maf at all. Watching their reaction was sooooooo good.

"What the fuck did bernie just do"
"What do you mean"
"He just claimed"
"He what?"
"Yeah, he claimed a visiting Rommy who was dead"

Yeah I guess I’m tying in GM’s vote switch with the claim instead of just GM’s claim on its own (set up by the vote switch). The vote switch was inexplicably bad IMO. Alone parlay’s claim just didn’t make any sense

Thats fair. I wasn't in chat when that happened and I was thinking WTF just happened, why did they do that? There was a good plan there during the original voting an hour before the deadline, but since I wasn't in chat and neither was JTP or damo, nothing happened - then JTP came in and argued to just do it with like 5 minutes to go. Had she done it when they first thought it up, I think she gets away with it as completely accidental - well, doesn't get away with it, but better shot of lasting the extra day.

Thats fair. I wasn't in chat when that happened and I was thinking WTF just happened, why did they do that? There was a good plan there during the original voting an hour before the deadline, but since I wasn't in chat and neither was JTP or damo, nothing happened - then JTP came in and argued to just do it with like 5 minutes to go. Had she done it when they first thought it up, I think she gets away with it as completely accidental - well, doesn't get away with it, but better shot of lasting the extra day.

The reason I rate Gm as worse on vote switch is that multiple people had said anyone that fucks with this is vampire related in some capacity and was gonna get run 100 percent.

I don't hate GM's move THAT much in the sense that she was trying to make a play to get herself further down the line/buy another night. There was a good chance we bought the Indy claim and that got her a few more nights to bite, which could've won the game.

I don't hate GM's move THAT much in the sense that she was trying to make a play to get herself further down the line/buy another night. There was a good chance we bought the Indy claim and that got her a few more nights to bite, which could've won the game.

Indy claim was good. Civ investigation was lol bad.

If her civ claim was true, I would’ve been disappointed with Eaglez.

I identify this as this point at which Mafia 2 went from, "we are assured victory" to "whelp, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck."

As a small suggestion, can we have Mafia MVP read as anti-town MVP? I think Da deserves some recognition for his indy play this week.

That’s why I think it was almost worse. She needed to make it three more nights to be unlynchable when we started the tie up with parlay/JTP. Once she saved parlay and we ran JTP, there needed to be a credible move for the final night and once she made the switch she removed that as a realistic possibility IMO.

As a small suggestion, can we have Mafia MVP read as anti-town MVP? I think Da deserves some recognition for his indy play this week.

Haha, I had to work super hard this game to be everywhere and appease everyone, but I don't think it showed much to the civs - then I dropped a giant turd the last round because I wasn't around. I was still hot that I got lynched with zero evidence, but I didn't help myself by not being there. Also, had I just hit gooner instead of holding the bullet, maaaaybe I could get a run on doofus, but had convinced myself he was squeaky clean to everyone.

I think hitting gooner with the bullet would've bought you more time for sure, but it would've been pretty damn hard to get the win because at the end of the game you would've had to either:

1. Eliminate all the mafia so you can convince the final civs to lynch somebody else.
2. Somehow convince your mafia teammate who is still alive in the end game to get lynched before the other civ, which would have looked super weird to the actual final remaining mafia member.

Your win condition was nearly impossible.

Haha, I had to work super hard this game to be everywhere and appease everyone, but I don't think it showed much to the civs - then I dropped a giant turd the last round because I wasn't around. I was still hot that I got lynched with zero evidence, but I didn't help myself by not being there. Also, had I just hit gooner instead of holding the bullet, maaaaybe I could get a run on doofus, but had convinced myself he was squeaky clean to everyone.

I know you’ve said multiple times that you were lynched for no reason but you were mathematically a good lynch there so shrug

Your biggest problem at that point was that maf2 started to turn on you. After the gooner hit failed, doofus, parlay, and I all thought something was up. We weren't sure if it was with you or Gooner, but we knew something was fishy.

The other problem you had is, even if you had hit gooner with your vig, I still was wondering what powers the indy had. I kept speculating that he or she had bomb powers, so that was one reason I really wanted to use you for hits. Your claimed power became useless for us in a late game scenario where we needed to kill maf1 members, so I saw you as the most expendable member of our team. If anyone was going to blow up on a bomb hit, it was going to be you in my mind. Therefore, even if the gooner hit had gone through, I probably would have pushed hard for you to do the next hit too and then your jig would have been up.

I know you’ve said multiple times that you were lynched for no reason but you were mathematically a good lynch there so shrug

I like how the civs who were left alive at the end there felt like they were there because they were the ones who could figure it out.

The players that were left alive at the end were chosen to be alive at the end for a reason.

You read as dirty to me for like 4 or so rounds before you were lynched.

I like how the civs who were left alive at the end there felt like they were there because they were the ones who could figure it out.

The players that were left alive at the end were chosen to be alive at the end for a reason.

And those civs did figure it out. Doofus was unanimously lynched that last day, right?

So your attempt at shade here just looks petty and pathetic.

The issue you has Da wasn’t that you screamed mafia but that (as Gooner said) numbers wise it made sense. DV7 was clear, gooner looked really clear, mako had been super clear looking and post the Gm situation was further back burnered, I think I looked pretty clean, Bym had been clear looking from the outset and doofus had everyone thrown for a loop.

And so you + 03 were very logical places to start - just coming from a vanilla civ with no insight beyond game thread and what I had discussed with Gooner on day like 9

And those civs did figure it out. Doofus was unanimously lynched that last day, right?

So your attempt at shade here just looks petty and pathetic.

Don’t know why it’s surprising. He will always detract from applauding anyone who doesn’t also help him share the spotlight

Back