• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

People are actively voting before this week’s games are over?

Fuck yea, but I did already knock knight down a peg for his play as mafia

So with a first place vote worth 20 points, and there being 19 ballots:

Eagles O/U: 379.5?

GAT, I added a second place column. The first place column was boring; it's all Eagles.

So with a first place vote worth 20 points, and there being 19 ballots:

Eagles O/U: 379.5?

Over. The only person that might not vote Eagles first is not currently on the voter list (Eagles).

Over. The only person that might not vote Eagles first is not currently on the voter list (Eagles).

I think Ryala is technically better than Eagles now, but I think that's just because Eagles hasn't gone HAM on a game yet. Eagles in his prime is a force of fucking god.

I think it would be better if these were secret ballots, but whatever.

If you would like, I can provide recaps for what everyone did during the week. Post it on Fridays for people to have as a reference for voting.

If you would like, I can provide recaps for what everyone did during the week. Post it on Fridays for people to have as a reference for voting.

We tell everyone the ballots are secret and at the end of the season we drop all the rankings with names attached.

Maybe we evolve to secret ballots. I’d have to create a separate sheet for everyone and then import results. Let’s do one week like this. Everyone chill the fuck out and try not to be too butthurt. I’ll start making everyone their own sheet and we can go live with secret ballots on 5/11. Then i think we’ll probably need another 2 weeks for the votes to normalize into something that feels about right.

I’m open to ideas here. I think it adds a little something to a game that is really difficult to get a firm grasp on to know how others view your skills. While the butthurt can be kind of funny, no one* wants to see feels get caught and kill the game again.

*Toogs doesn’t count

i think recaps would be awesome.

I ranked 11. I'll try to go deeper if need be but I think much beyond that, it's a matter of which day/week you are playing. I actually think a tier system would be more accurate.

Tier 1 - the eaglez tier. nuff said
Tier 2 - the best player not named Eaglez. Toogs and Rommy headlined this list at some points but both have shown enough chinks in their armor recently, that I'd bump them down. This is just Ryala and GAT for me
Tier 3 is for players that can dominate a game but are inconsistent. This is where toogs and the 3 guys from KU ride now (gooner gets a bad rap from some. He can play). Da, Tic, QT and I threw SD3 in there because he's been the most consistent across the board of the guys that I'm learning or remembering from the way back machine. I think toogs said it best --- there are a group of 20-25 players that really make it enjoyable. Btw, redwing was definitely an upper tier player back in the day but I think he may just have too many distractions right now.
The last tier would be for the people that fuck up the games with ridiculous distraction or consistent AAs. I remember PH as a pretty decent player and it disappoints me to see him wreck some of these games. I remember knight as a very good player, not consistently good but definitely passionate. Then something happened. I'm not sure if it was everyone trying to imitate rommy, who had a unique and fun style or what. A few loved it and encouraged it but it basically drove a silent majority away from playing. I don't question knight's talent, I question his sanity. The last of this group are the guys that actively don't play. You did nothing to earn your win if you got it.

I swear I could take the next 15 players on my list, rank them and if you asked me to do it blind tomorrow, it would change. I fall somewhere in there and I'm quite happy to be there.

there are no bad players anymore who play regularly. The only “bad” players are those who don’t participate. Not hyperbole. I think everyone (myself included) is within a pretty small gap from each other so long as they’re actively participating and playing.

Maybe we evolve to secret ballots. I’d have to create a separate sheet for everyone and then import results. Let’s do one week like this. Everyone chill the fuck out and try not to be too butthurt. I’ll start making everyone their own sheet and we can go live with secret ballots on 5/11. Then i think we’ll probably need another 2 weeks for the votes to normalize into something that feels about right.

Google forms would do this easily.

I ranked 11. I'll try to go deeper if need be but I think much beyond that, it's a matter of which day/week you are playing. I actually think a tier system would be more accurate.

Tier 1 - the eaglez tier. nuff said
Tier 2 - the best player not named Eaglez. Toogs and Rommy headlined this list at some points but both have shown enough chinks in their armor recently, that I'd bump them down. This is just Ryala and GAT for me
Tier 3 is for players that can dominate a game but are inconsistent. This is where toogs and the 3 guys from KU ride now (gooner gets a bad rap from some. He can play). Da, Tic, QT and I threw SD3 in there because he's been the most consistent across the board of the guys that I'm learning or remembering from the way back machine. I think toogs said it best --- there are a group of 20-25 players that really make it enjoyable. Btw, redwing was definitely an upper tier player back in the day but I think he may just have too many distractions right now.
The last tier would be for the people that fuck up the games with ridiculous distraction or consistent AAs. I remember PH as a pretty decent player and it disappoints me to see him wreck some of these games. I remember knight as a very good player, not consistently good but definitely passionate. Then something happened. I'm not sure if it was everyone trying to imitate rommy, who had a unique and fun style or what. A few loved it and encouraged it but it basically drove a silent majority away from playing. I don't question knight's talent, I question his sanity. The last of this group are the guys that actively don't play. You did nothing to earn your win if you got it.

I swear I could take the next 15 players on my list, rank them and if you asked me to do it blind tomorrow, it would change. I fall somewhere in there and I'm quite happy to be there.

This is probably the right breakdown. Can't disagree with any of this.

Back