• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

I ranked 11. I'll try to go deeper if need be but I think much beyond that, it's a matter of which day/week you are playing. I actually think a tier system would be more accurate.

Tier 1 - the eaglez tier. nuff said
Tier 2 - the best player not named Eaglez. Toogs and Rommy headlined this list at some points but both have shown enough chinks in their armor recently, that I'd bump them down. This is just Ryala and GAT for me
Tier 3 is for players that can dominate a game but are inconsistent. This is where toogs and the 3 guys from KU ride now (gooner gets a bad rap from some. He can play). Da, Tic, QT and I threw SD3 in there because he's been the most consistent across the board of the guys that I'm learning or remembering from the way back machine. I think toogs said it best --- there are a group of 20-25 players that really make it enjoyable. Btw, redwing was definitely an upper tier player back in the day but I think he may just have too many distractions right now.
The last tier would be for the people that fuck up the games with ridiculous distraction or consistent AAs. I remember PH as a pretty decent player and it disappoints me to see him wreck some of these games. I remember knight as a very good player, not consistently good but definitely passionate. Then something happened. I'm not sure if it was everyone trying to imitate rommy, who had a unique and fun style or what. A few loved it and encouraged it but it basically drove a silent majority away from playing. I don't question knight's talent, I question his sanity. The last of this group are the guys that actively don't play. You did nothing to earn your win if you got it.

I swear I could take the next 15 players on my list, rank them and if you asked me to do it blind tomorrow, it would change. I fall somewhere in there and I'm quite happy to be there.

Tiers is a good system

I would also throw in a tier 4, people who are mad consistent but dont have the unlcock a whole game kind of magic that tier 2 or 3 has. Consistency is also really important factor here and sign of really good player

I think it would be better if these were secret ballots, but whatever.

If you would like, I can provide recaps for what everyone did during the week. Post it on Fridays for people to have as a reference for voting.

For WF03: This is irony. The fact that he will use 1000x as many words to describe play as he uses in play.

there are no bad players anymore who play regularly. The only “bad” players are those who don’t participate. Not hyperbole. I think everyone (myself included) is within a pretty small gap from each other so long as they’re actively participating and playing.

Yeah it's great other than AAs and inactives, which is why GAT has to ruin it forever with this

The best thing about the mafia rankings is people are putting down what they actually think and mafia can stop trying to inflate my game like they've done in the past.

also I just realized i have been playing mafia with some folks on here (ph, toogs, juice) for almost 15 years which is kind of crazy.

My balls are so tingly from being totally absent from three or four of the lists.

I have sown my seed deep in those fields. Look upon my works, ye Mighty.

GlO01dM.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/GlO01dM.gifv

I ranked 11. I'll try to go deeper if need be but I think much beyond that, it's a matter of which day/week you are playing. I actually think a tier system would be more accurate.

Tier 1 - the eaglez tier. nuff said
Tier 2 - the best player not named Eaglez. Toogs and Rommy headlined this list at some points but both have shown enough chinks in their armor recently, that I'd bump them down. This is just Ryala and GAT for me
Tier 3 is for players that can dominate a game but are inconsistent. This is where toogs and the 3 guys from KU ride now (gooner gets a bad rap from some. He can play). Da, Tic, QT and I threw SD3 in there because he's been the most consistent across the board of the guys that I'm learning or remembering from the way back machine. I think toogs said it best --- there are a group of 20-25 players that really make it enjoyable. Btw, redwing was definitely an upper tier player back in the day but I think he may just have too many distractions right now.
The last tier would be for the people that fuck up the games with ridiculous distraction or consistent AAs.

mostly agree, but don't think we've seen the so-called eagles fastball in 2020

i ranked ryala 1 and eagles 2

Unless he's mafia, Eaglez doesn't get the chance to play much. He's usually gone real early.

As mafia, he played great last week and played a bad truthteller claim a few weeks before.

So far with 14 rankings in we have:

eagles - 10 first-place votes
ryala - 3 first-place votes
gouda - 1 first-place vote

there definitely are tiers emerging.

and lol i had left Damo out of the player list entirely. EVERYONE BACK TO YOUR RANKINGS!

interesting though, people had the option of adding names and Lokis, Raise, and Chaos got added. But not damo.

IRwbaiS.gif

damnit now I have to beef with SD3 AND Knight

giphy.gif

Back