• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Pit mafia rankings thread

My balls are so tingly from being totally absent from three or four of the lists.

I have sown my seed deep in those fields. Look upon my works, ye Mighty.

You 100% would be the one guy to read each list to see where you rank.

It's just an internet game, dude. Relax.

I think Rommy's rankings would be the one I'd be MOST INTERESTED in seeing.

I think Rommy's rankings would be the one I'd be MOST INTERESTED in seeing.

I looked to see if I was the only guy that didn't rank Eagles #1.

ryala is a fucking star at this shit, despite his shitty choice in pants.

Yeah it's great other than AAs and inactives, which is why GAT has to ruin it forever with this

Mafia is cyclical, and this will not be the cause of the fall, just a signal of it. This has happened three or four times now.

Mafia gets started
People start getting excited
People start playing a bunch
Everybody gets all serious
People start realizing how much time mafia actually takes
People get burnt out
Mafia goes back into hibernation

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Obviously the quarantine has helped spur this cycle on, but once things start returning to normal, I expect Mafia to taper off pretty quickly.

Mafia is cyclical, and this will not be the cause of the fall, just a signal of it. This has happened three or four times now.

Mafia gets started
People get burnt out

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Obviously the quarantine has helped spur this cycle on, but once things start returning to normal, I expect Mafia to taper off pretty quickly.

this is where I am. It’s not about rankings or no rankings. It’s available time that drives the mafia cycle.

Mafia gets started
People get burnt out

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Pretty close here. I like the one themed game a week starting on Mondays. The C9++ doesn't do it for me after a 10-12 round themed game earlier in the week.

Mafia gets started
People get burnt out

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

200w.gif

I think I'd make the argument that ranking people that aren't actively playing now doesn't make a ton of sense for a week to week power rankings. There's nothing to base moving them around in updated lists, so it's going to make it more difficult to players to surpass them in the rankings.

Not like it matters, because this is mostly for fun/memes. If the suggestion that ranking people is going to end up with hurt feelings/end of mafia is true, I'd probably say that this should just be a one time or infrequent thing.

I think I'd make the argument that ranking people that aren't actively playing now doesn't make a ton of sense for a week to week power rankings. There's nothing to base moving them around in updated lists, so it's going to make it more difficult to players to surpass them in the rankings.

Not like it matters, because this is mostly for fun/memes. If the suggestion that ranking people is going to end up with hurt feelings/end of mafia is true, I'd probably say that this should just be a one time or infrequent thing.

I tried to base all of my rankings off of play for this "season"

Back